Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5  (Read 20177 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
Nahas should of been subbed off
nahas shouldn't be in the team. He is a second rate, second string reserves star that is too small and too skinny for the big league. I'm with Daniel on this, I'm sick of these fantasy island wannabe AFL footy players that won't ever get us into a grand final. Our standards as a footy club are still way too low.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »
Flying to WA Tuesday to organise a few things before relocating to Brisbane.....

Thanks Tiges, now I have to listen to the crap Eagles supporters gloating......AGAIN.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »
Nahas should of been subbed off
nahas shouldn't be in the team. He is a second rate, second string reserves star that is too small and too skinny for the big league. I'm with Daniel on this, I'm sick of these fantasy island wannabe AFL footy players that won't ever get us into a grand final. Our standards as a footy club are still way too low.

:clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:21 AM »
The holding the.ball.on.conca.in 1stQ was an abortion of a call

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2012, 06:13:43 AM »
Great game, as l said many times before l dont care if they win or lose. Its the brand of football they play & thier skill level.
Confidence is building & Hardwick is ready to give a few a wake up call. Good Times ahead.

Fully agree TM.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »
Brett, Dusty and Trent were outstanding. They were inspirational. Newman played a fantastic game and really stood up. Maric played well. Tyrone played better. Grigg was good. Dea's courage saved a certain goal in the last quarter. Batch played a good game particularly in 2 Quarter. For me the biggest disappointments were Foley's game (his disposal really let the team down) and Nahas. Houli had a quiet one. For me we went into the game too short and we paid for it. In the second quarter the eagles got alot of cheap marks in the forward 50 which could have been prevented if we had a third tall backman. Our kicking for goal needs to be improved.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2012, 07:00:01 AM »
Compare to say Houli who stood in the hole and flew across a pack to snag three or four strong grabs.  Gone up a level in that department has Houli.

Yep he did but before that did you miss Houli stopping & proping on the outer wing in the 2nd I think it was where he clearly pulled up to miss the contact. I wonder if that was pointed out to him at half time because after than he certainly didn't shirk any contest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »
Compare to say Houli who stood in the hole and flew across a pack to snag three or four strong grabs.  Gone up a level in that department has Houli.

Yep he did but before that did you miss Houli stopping & proping on the outer wing in the 2nd I think it was where he clearly pulled up to miss the contact. I wonder if that was pointed out to him at half time because after than he certainly didn't shirk any contest

Yeah I do recall that.  Didn't look good, did it.  I tend to allow every player one "moment".  Repeated and I have questions.  They're not all Kellaways.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »
Hawks look like last week's slugfest and the travel has had no effect on them early, smashing Sydney
Eagles should be right up for us
may have made that call to early. Sydney have kicked 4.2 to zip nearing the end of the 3rd 1/4.

Go hard go early that's the gerk way

I assume it's yours too given the post yours came after crocodile rocker?
;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
LIDS  :thumbsup

people call this bloke soft too

NFI  :lol

Was great today but the difference of very good player to superstar is kick that goal in the last to put us up 102-101. Superstars kick it. Bartel kicked two of those in the GF from that distance out last year. Therein lies our answer. :thumbsup

This - It is a lot of pressure on Lids but he needs to be one of our goto men that do this ......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers close but no cigar: Robbo (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR
Mark Robinson - The Tackle
Herald-Sun
April 30, 2012

They might be the best 1-4 side we've seen for some time, but it doesn't translate to wins.

The problem is the Tigers don't know yet how to win the close ones.

They had a chance to draw level with Carlton in the final quarter. They let the Pies off the leash for 10 minutes. They failed at Geelong. And yesterday let the Eagles go home undefeated to their fortress.

The Tigers don't yet have the composure at the death to make right decisions or execute the right skill, a quality that separates good teams from so-so teams, and good players from great players.

In Adelaide, Graham Johncock kicked the huge goal from 55m-plus in the final quarter. It was a high-pressure moment.

At Etihad, Jack Riewoldt and Brett Deledio missed two last-quarter goals. They were game-changing misses in the final minutes. One of them had to make it. Sport is about victory and defeat, and in that are moments that change destiny and belief.

The Tigers had two of them and blew them.

Riewoldt was already under the pump. Wayne Carey had a crack on the day of the game, so did David King. Their commentary was in his face.

Riewoldt should've kicked the goal with three minutes to play, and he should've found a teammate when he went inside 50 minutes earlier. Instead, Gaff marked and the pressure was relieved.

Deledio, who hurt his knee earlier in the game and who is a genuine star in the team, had a crack from 50m. He pulled it left.

Riewoldt and Deledio didn't lose the game, it's just that they didn't win it when they had their opportunities.

It's frustrating for them, the coach and the fans. The young defence is coping, the midfield can be awesome when they are up as they were yesterday, and the three key forwards - Riewoldt, Miller and Vickery - kicked seven of 14 goals.

But mostly always it's the ''moments'' that count in tight games.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/just-too-hard-for-hawks/story-fn5937w8-1226342114993

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »
Ellis shortstepped/seagulled/spectated/avoided a number of contests.  It was blatant.  They shot to Dimma after one and you could see it in his response.  I was surprised that Ellis lasted so long.

It looks like he is overawed by the body size/speed of the game at times, because he can and does commit at other times.  But he does avoid some.

Yep hardwick is breeding a different type of tiger than what we have seen.

Ellis is young and will learn

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
Have noticed him hesitate a few times too, but he is still a baby. I barely had three pubes when i was his age (I have five now).