Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5  (Read 20192 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Moving onto next week's game. Initial thoughts? Can we contain the Eagles' rucks Cox and NicNat and their big key forwards?

Richmond v WC
Sunday 29 Apr 2012

Richmond will play the West Coast Eagles at Etihad Stadium on Sunday 29 April at 3.15pm.

Public Gates will open at 1.30pm.

http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/event-display-etihadstadium/Richmond-v-WC/505

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »
For some strange reason 'and yes I am' Quietly confidant this one and would be a LOT more so if it was an actual "HOME" game.
Yes I will continue to bang on about it ......  ;D

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
am backing the Tiges for a win.
If we lose, we wont play finals

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Think we are real show in this one

More so than i thought we were against Geelong  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »
Had this one penciled in before the season, realistically expected us to be 2-3 after 5 rounds, we can beat this mob here. They are coming off a brutal game against the hawks and shuey looked stuffed

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
Think we are real show in this one

More so than i thought we were against Geelong  ;D

I also have belief we can beat them this week and have for a while
Had this one penciled in before the season, realistically expected us to be 2-3 after 5 rounds, we can beat this mob here. They are coming off a brutal game against the hawks and shuey looked stuffed
I couldnt pencil in any wins, but I am confident if we fix our foward line issues and address our 2nd quarter phase outs we are a real chance.
am backing the Tiges for a win.
If we lose, we wont play finals

If we do lose Jack, it will put us behind the 8 ball, most here had us 1-4 after the first 5. But im sure the club would have thought differently. The next 4 rds after this aint that easy with Port at AAMI, Sydney at MCG, Bombers- Dreamtime and Hawks at MCG. I would say for us to be in finals contention we would have to win say 4 of the next 5??
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
I would say for us to be in finals contention we would have to win say 4 of the next 5??

I've always been of the belief that come the mid-season break you need to have the wins column ahead of the losses column or it break even

In our case this year by round 12 we need to be 7-5 or at the very least 6-6. Going into the run home (again just my take) as I reckon you are up against if you need to win more than 50% of the games remaining

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
Going to need 13/14 wins this year to make the 8 so if we lose we would have to win 13 out of 18 games and that my friends aint going to happen.

Let's stop the losing culture and cultivate the winning culture this week less it's all over!!! 

Oh, and one more thing?  Thanks to the AFL for giving us the crappest draw in the AFL and assisting in keeping us down toward the bottom of the ladder in 2012.  Why we would have to play Geelong at Skilled is beyond me?? Why play against the Eagles at the Dome?? Conspiracy???

Still gutted from Sunday and am thinking the Dome or G would have given us victory....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
Going to need 13/14 wins this year to make the 8 so if we lose we would have to win 13 out of 18 games and that my friends aint going to happen.

Interesting view pmac21 - I'm of the opposite, with the comp so close this season with I reckon 11 maybe 12 will get you in because there are so many clubs that are around the same mark.

The most important thing is going to be %. Big losses that wipe out % is what is most likely to cost teams

Oh, and one more thing?  Thanks to the AFL for giving us the crappest draw in the AFL and assisting in keeping us down toward the bottom of the ladder in 2012.  Why we would have to play Geelong at Skilled is beyond me?? Why play against the Eagles at the Dome?? Conspiracy???

All MCG tennant clubs must play at least 1 game at Etihad - not saying it is right or that I agree with it but it is how it works. Fourtunately we only have the one this season as opposed to the normal 2-3

As for the Geelong thing - not a doubt in my mind that we get drawn down there simply because we haven't been successful for the last 30 odd years. We start winning consistently, playing finals consistently and we have to go there. Again not saying it is right but for now it is how it is 

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
i reckon we are a show with this game. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Funny isn't it, about 3 years ago I sat at Subi oval and watched us demolish the Eagles by 77 points in a clinical display I will never forget.

After that game I thought we would be on our way to the finals the following year and the Eagles would start a slide down the ladder that would, I hoped, continue for many years.....

Gee the contrast in positions since that game... :'(
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
just shows, you should never read too much into one game
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
Stating the obvious here -this is a season defining game.
However I doubt that the dome will hold many fears for the WCE.
Last year they had a convincing victory over Carlton at docklands.
West Coast have some power forwards plus two ruckmen who can rest forward...may streach our defence to breaking point.I can see why they are considering bringing in mcguane.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
The AFL site is tipping the Eagles to win by over 4 goals  :-X

Preview: Richmond v West Coast
By Paul Daffey and Nathan Schmook
Tue 24 Apr, 2012

WHERE AND WHEN: Etihad Stadium, Sunday, April 29, 3.15pm
LAST TIME: West Coast 22.15 (147) d Richmond 14.6 (90), round 20, at Patersons Stadium

West Coast is on top of the ladder after four impressive victories, while Richmond is 13th with one victory. The ladder suggests an easy victory to the Eagles, but Richmond has put up spirited performances in its losses against three teams expected to push for the top four (Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong). The Eagles have won their only game in Melbourne this season, against the Bulldogs in round one, and another would confirm their premiership credentials.

THE FOUR POINTS

RICHMOND

1. The burning question surrounding the Tigers is whether they can take that extra step and score a victory over a highly rated opponent. They’ve been close in their three attempts in the opening rounds, losing after short lapses against experienced teams. A win over the Eagles would represent a huge step towards their aim of becoming a respected team.

2. The Tigers lost to Geelong by 10 points last Sunday after errors from half-back Steven Morris (four games) and Reece Conca (21 games) when the game was at its most tense late in the last quarter. Both had handballs smothered when teammates were in attacking positions. Coach Damien Hardwick says his team will improve only by getting games into the younger players. Morris and Conca will be keen to atone.

3. The form of Tyrone Vickery as a ruckman and forward leaves Richmond in a conundrum. After having only 23 disposals and taking 10 marks in the opening four rounds, Vickery is not in the sort of nick to help Ivan Maric take on the Eagles' celebrated ruck duo, Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui. The Tigers might take in an extra tall — you could put a case for any of Angus Graham, Tom Derickx or Andrew Browne — or it might just be the occasion for Vickery to play himself back into form.

4. While Richmond won the contested possession count against Geelong by 10, the Cats were better at getting the hard ball during the last quarter, which decided the game. Richmond just needs to hold its concentration and keep its composure and it will take a big scalp.

WEST COAST
1. Will West Coast continue to be awarded more free kicks than the opposition, particularly for high tackles, after Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson put the issue on the agenda this week? Luke Shuey (12), Ashton Hams (eight) and Scott Selwood (five) are among the top six players across the League this season for winning free kicks from high tackles, but the AFL says there is no issue with the 'shrug-tackle' technique Clarkson has highlighted.     

2. The last time West Coast met Richmond in Melbourne, in round 12, 2010, Jack Riewoldt booted 10 goals and young Eagle Eric Mackenzie had his colours lowered. After an outstanding performance against Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin, however, Mackenzie is clearly a different prospect. The 23-year-old is stamping himself as a quality key defender and the pressure will be on Riewoldt to perform. RIewoldt has kicked just two goals from his last three games.     

3. Midfielder Daniel Kerr burst back to form against Hawthorn, winning 33 possessions, nine clearances and kicking a vital late goal to be best afield. The Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney have shut him down so far this season - holding him to seven and 13 possessions respectively - but can the Tigers contain the premiership on-baller now that he has some form behind him?

4. The conditions played a significant role in West Coast's inaccurate 5.21 (51) return against the Hawks, but key forward Josh Kennedy admitted this week a lack of composure was also a factor. Kennedy, Quinten Lynch and Jack Darling, who played a match-turning hand, combined for 3.7 in the greasy conditions while ruckmen Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui went goalless. 

AFL.com.au prediction: West Coast by 26 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133965/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
WP said it aginst the Cats, our 100% best game is not enough to match the Cats at 100%....same goes here I am afraid.

Our ruck/s can't run with and match Cox and Nat all day...

Must at least give Gus a go and make him run run run, all freaking day with Cox.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"