Author Topic: Wallace -v- Eade  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace -v- Eade
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 02:05:02 PM »
Rocket Eade copped it across the knuckles from Smorgon in the Bulldogs' review. Accused him of taking on too much in terms of admin and coaching and needing to improve his communication and transperancy. They've "demoted" him to just being senior coach.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22721577-5012432,00.html

A lot changes in 6-12 months of footy.

If he hasn't already it would be good if March gave Wallace a rocket too and told him just to concentrate on being the senior coach and leave the media stuff alone.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 08:39:29 PM »
Rocket Eade copped it across the knuckles from Smorgon in the Bulldogs' review. Accused him of taking on too much in terms of admin and coaching and needing to improve his communication and transperancy. They've "demoted" him to just being senior coach.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22721577-5012432,00.html

A lot changes in 6-12 months of footy.

If he hasn't already it would be good if March gave Wallace a rocket too and told him just to concentrate on being the senior coach and leave the media stuff alone.
Maybe it already has happened. We haven't heard a peep out of Plough except for the making the top 8 comment which all the coaches have made. Miller has done most of the media work since the end of the season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
Eade topped up last year thinking Aker and McDougall were going to supplement their subsequent rise up the ladder after a relatively successful 06 when he needed to go back into the draft. Dogs right now are in a situation where we were at 2001/02 in terms of having alot of players in the twilight of their career and alot of players in their first couple of years of footy. It's almost they are trying to get a flag for blokes like West Johnson and co and once injuries set in they have fallen way off the mark due to a lack of depth due to these quick fix schemes. Glad we had the season we had this season as it is only upwards for us from here b/c for the Dogs unless they nurture someone to replace West and flankers forward pockets like Johnson who can kick 70 sausage rolls a season don't grow on trees and they will really be up the creek without a paddle. Better them than us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
They didn't take enough warning of the thumping the Eagles gave them in last year's finals. Similar to us in 2001 overrating ourselves and they've made the same mistake as we did and as you say HT74 they topped up. The half-dozen ACLs they copped didn't help either. It's up to Eade now to show he isn't a one-trick pony with opposition clubs working his gameplan out and shutting down the dogs' run.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 11:31:27 PM »
eade is on very shaky ground. :whistle

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »
eade will be the next coach sacked

bookmark this

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »
I thought you were on the "we want wallace out" bandwagon X.

richmondrules

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 10:53:25 AM »
I get the impression that topping up never works, even for top potential premiership teams. Unless there is a specific positional need that is holding the team back you should never draft players over 24 and never for players without some sort of exceptional talent. Even though Brown has been great for us I still think if we had drafted to develop the list instead we would be in a better position now. Don't get me wrong, I think Nathan's great and I am please to have him, but I probably would have handled things a little different myself. I think our policy of not drafting players over 24 is a correct one, pity we didn't have it earlier.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »
I get the impression that topping up never works, even for top potential premiership teams. Unless there is a specific positional need that is holding the team back you should never draft players over 24 and never for players without some sort of exceptional talent. Even though Brown has been great for us I still think if we had drafted to develop the list instead we would be in a better position now. Don't get me wrong, I think Nathan's great and I am please to have him, but I probably would have handled things a little different myself. I think our policy of not drafting players over 24 is a correct one, pity we didn't have it earlier.

your damm right there pal. topping up DOESNT work. frawley did it and failed, so did eade and so did wallace.

the last 2 thought their teams would bge cemented in the 8 this year and bothhad terrible years.

enough said
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »
Libba on SEN saying there's rumblings at the Kennel and Eade maybe now discovering why Wallace left in terms of CEO Campbell Rose not being a footy person and being too tight with the money in regards to their footy dept while willing to fork out on pokie hotels at Edgewater.

Ramps

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »
Topping up doesnt work. Thats why I was against getting McMahon. We need one more year at the bottom to get the players we need to be competitive for the big prize 3 or 4 years down the track.

richmondrules

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
Topping up doesnt work. Thats why I was against getting McMahon. We need one more year at the bottom to get the players we need to be competitive for the big prize 3 or 4 years down the track.

McMahon is young enough not to be seen as topping up IMO and I think we are desperate for quality senior player. I feel quite let down by our senior players and I wouldn't be surprised if TW did too. Not surprising given the teams performance over the years but pathetic still the same.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
I believe Wallace is a good coach but even he was shocked by what happened last year.

There isn't any way in the world anybody at the club predicted what was going to happen last year. The key injuries to Nathan Brown and especially Simmonds really gutted our moral in a way that wasn't predicted by anyone. I think Wallace has now completely come to terms with the inadequacies of our senior core group. I thought we would go backwards last year but not to the extent that we did.

If we can keep Brown and Simmonds on the field for the season and we don't suffer any other debilitating injuries to key individuals then I really believe that we will make the eight.

We are better than the hawks, they went in the complete opposite direction to us last year but I say this year will be another story.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
no finals for eade no job. :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
I believe Wallace is a good coach but even he was shocked by what happened last year.

There isn't any way in the world anybody at the club predicted what was going to happen last year. The key injuries to Nathan Brown and especially Simmonds really gutted our moral in a way that wasn't predicted by anyone. I think Wallace has now completely come to terms with the inadequacies of our senior core group. I thought we would go backwards last year but not to the extent that we did.

If we can keep Brown and Simmonds on the field for the season and we don't suffer any other debilitating injuries to key individuals then I really believe that we will make the eight.

We are better than the hawks, they went in the complete opposite direction to us last year but I say this year will be another story.

i agree with a few things u have said but the bit that says we r better than the hawks is so comical its not funny.
We are no where near the hawks and thats not because i rate them top 4, cause i dont, its due to the fact i simply dont think our list is good enough. Our senior players are average at best led by our captain.
we still look up to richo as our knight and shining armour and he is almost done in 1-2 years.
We have no future players in the forward line post richo and we dont have any match winners, yet, bar foley and browny when fit.
i hope our younger players changes come to play this year, and make sugar and co earn their spot in the team because im sick of travellers in this team who play when they want. at times this year i thought i was back in time watching the tigers of the old save our skins era.

is wallace better than eade. not sure how to answer that. ive been very critical of wallace in the past but at the end of the day the leadership group has to get some of the blame.
He seems to have changed a little in his approach and workload and that can only be a positive i guess.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.