Author Topic: Daniel Jackson and Joel Bowden on Sport 927  (Read 1257 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Daniel Jackson and Joel Bowden on Sport 927
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:06:12 AM »
Daniel Jackson's after-game interview:

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/DJ_110405.asx

Joel Bowden's after-game interview:

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/JB_110405.asx

-----------------

Interestingly Daniel did work experience with Ch 9 when he was in Year 10. So we might see him as the club's player representative the tv in a couple of years time  :).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Daniel Jackson and Joel Bowden on Sport 927
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:21:12 PM »
we all talk about cogs but dj, has captaincy written all over him! think he would get the votes over cogs, better public speaker, much more intelligent(sorry cogs no offence) and is just as hard at it

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 03:27:23 PM »
Here's another interview with Cambo, saying not much for about 8 minutes.

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/daily.asp
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 03:54:14 PM by JohnF »

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 03:39:22 PM »
we all talk about cogs but dj, has captaincy written all over him! think he would get the votes over cogs...

Agree with you about DJ, have been a fan since day one.  Would get my vote as a future leader.  The reason people go on about Cogs is because he’s done it the hard way.  When few others stood up in difficult times he was able to do that and win a B&F.  He at least gave you a reason to go to the footy and look forward to the future.

Now that things are gradually changing and more young players are coming through, hopefully we won’t be pinning our hopes on any one player.  When you do that you know you’re in trouble.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 12:37:53 PM »
Here's another interview with Cambo, saying not much for about 8 minutes.

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/daily.asp

And he did it so well too :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Undertaker

• Tiger Rookie
  • What we need 'round here is a little more respect
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 01:14:44 PM »
So refreshing to hear a young player who shows confidence and genuine excitement about his football and is able to express himself intelligently. None of the usual "yeah/no", "got away with the win/4 points" bland utterances we have come to expect.

The most pleasing of all signs for me about Jackson is his toughness and the fact he does not take a backward step regardless of the size/reputation of his opponent. In recent years we have had more than our share of players who either shy away from the tough stuff, or are too fragile to handle the fierce body contact which is part and parcel of the game. The signs are there that we are now starting to correct that imbalance. Compare Simmonds to Ottens and Jackson for Fiora. In coming weeks I hope and expect Troy to really step up to the plate in this regard. A couple of telling goals and an aggressive performance against the Dockers this weekend would go a long way towards this.

Like the Deadman(Wrestlemania 13-0) the Richmond Tiger will again rise to the top of the jungle where he so rightfully belongs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger cub scores top marks
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 02:34:43 AM »
Tiger cub scores top marks
17 April 2005   
Sunday Herald Sun
Jackie Epstein

DANIEL Jackson is the thinking man's midfielder.

A star graduate from Carey Grammar who has just started a commerce degree, Jackson has the brains and the braun to fill a key role in the Tigers' engine room.

This year he has played all three games, following on from playing six of the final seven games last season.

"I spent the summer training to be a defender, but towards the end we decided I may as well go into the midfield," Jackson said.

"My fitness and my attack on the footy . . . you put those two together and they had to give me a trial run."

Like St Kilda's Luke Ball did in 2002, Jackson successfully combined Year 12 and football. He emerged with a score of 96.65 which briefly earned "Jacko" the nickname "Genius".

So far he has played on Cameron Ling, Sam Mitchell and Mitch Hahn and is sure to line up on another big name against Fremantle today.

"After experiencing the last few weeks, it's a tough role but it's exciting," he said.

"You've got to work hard. You get a lot of reward from being a midfielder. Most Brownlow medallists play in the midfield, so it seems like the place to be."

Jackson, who stands 188cm and weighs 90kg, was pick 53 in the 2003 national draft.

A junior soccer player and rower, he did not play competitive footy until he was 14.

Coach Terry Wallace said Jackson, who turns 19 next week, was making pleasing progress.

"We started with Daniel Jackson and another youngster Shane Tuck in the midfield and (Jackson) was prepared to do the hard yards when the game was there to be won (last week)," Wallace said.

Jackson had planned to concentrate fully on footy this year, but was bored over summer and decided to take up one university subject.

Teammate Ray Hall has also organised some Spanish lessons for a few Tiger players each Monday. "We get a tutor in and do an hour's worth of Spanish just for something extra," Jackson said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12878095%255E19771,00.html