Author Topic: Is Richmond's midfield better than Hawthorn's midfield?  (Read 7786 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Is Richmond's midfield better than Hawthorn's midfield?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
contracted for another year  ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »
Some of his handballs were so quick and creative they are actually invisible unless viewed on the replay under slow motion.

My Donut pointed this out to me as I watched the replay for the 9th time.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
contracted for another year  ;D

Trade for a last round pick then...Or pay him out, just stuff him off.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
I thought he was going well enough to earn a 3 year extension. You agree?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
Get rid of (trade) nanas and bring in a mid/forward that doesn't get blown over by the wind. Enter Chris Knights. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
Get rid of (trade) nanas and bring in a mid/forward that doesn't get blown over by the wind. Enter Chris Knights.

Chris Knights averages 10 games a year and cant even get a game at Adelaide ATM! He is a broken down hack and unless we get him in rookie draft we should avoid at all costs.

I agree with Nanas though, he will be 36 this year and I cant see him offering any more to the Renegades, its time to move on. Maybe he should take up freestyle skiing again  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »

Chris Knights averages 10 games a year and cant even get a game at Adelaide ATM! He is a broken down hack and unless we get him in rookie draft we should avoid at all costs.

I agree with Nanas though, he will be 36 this year and I cant see him offering any more to the Renegades, its time to move on. Maybe he should take up freestyle skiing again  :thumbsup

36????? WHOA..... :lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »
think TFT mixed up his endowment with his age
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
think TFT mixed up his endowment with his age

No, that will be his age as of the may 16 this year ;)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »
Imho, YES, our top end has more class....foley cotch lids and martin with depth extending further than most think...grigg, tuck, jackson tuck, houli, edwards and now ellis....i consider morris and newy coming off hb as part of a broader midfield...so whoa weve really raised the bar
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
Imho, YES, our top end has more class....foley cotch lids and martin with depth extending further than most think...grigg, tuck, jackson tuck, houli, edwards and now ellis....i consider morris and newy coming off hb as part of a broader midfield...so whoa weve really raised the bar

Agree except with my old mate, but our forward line MUST click and kick the goals they missed last week. Also, our midfielders need to score as well.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond midfield 'now elite' - Brad Sewell
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »
Richmond midfield 'now elite'
By Mark Macgugan
hawthornfc.com.au
Mon 21 May, 2012

HAWTHORN is readying itself for a major challenge on Saturday against Richmond, with Brad Sewell describing the Tigers' midfield as one of the competition's best.

After an unspectacular start to the season in terms of clearances, the Hawks' onballers have dominated Melbourne (40-22) and Fremantle (48-24) at stoppages in the past fortnight.

But Sewell is expecting a bigger test against the Tigers, who only narrowly fell to third-placed Essendon on Saturday night.

"In weeks gone past we've had a couple of guys bob up and play well, and a few guys who were below par," Sewell said on Monday.

"But I thought on the weekend, for the most part our entire midfield was pretty good … but we've still got a long way to go.

"Richmond has got a sensational midfield division…[it's] one of the best.

"They've got a really good mix in there of inside and outside players, and their midfielders are kicking goals as well."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136425/default.aspx

the claw

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
would agree with all the plaudits being thrown at our mids. imo for 8 weeks now about 14 players have played out of their skins. but hello people the other 8 have been well the way they always are.

genuine mids - cotchin,deledio,martin needs a tank, foley, grigg, tuck conca and ellis learning the caper have all been really good in the main. but its no where enough. 
 it drops away dramatically with jackson sheesh, nahas, edwards houli king and yes newman all expected to rotate thru there.

we cant possibly ask too much more of the first group atm but sheesh the second group is the reason why we cant get over the line. good sides punish mediocrity. the real problem arises with what younger ones are in the reserves basically there are just two arnot and helbig and while i like the way both go about it there is no guarantee either will make it.

we have no where near enough mids. and we do lack for a couple more of real quality.

what we should be saying is our top 5 or so is up there with other clubs top 5 if not better. and it is, but it falls away people and it falls away  dramatically.

can i ask who do we ask to step up if say just foley and cotchin get hurt. i know most will say well what if other clubs lose a few of their better mids thing is they drop away like us.

its the same problem with our tall defenders look at the situation we have with just grimes being out. depth and quality is what we must improve and a fair bit. look what happens if big ivan goes down sheesh that would bugger us we cant replace him.
depth depth depth depth and just a little more quality in most areas.

dwaino

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
The Dawks midfield are all similar blokes. Sheesh. Their age, size, and sheesh their experience may get them an edge though sheesh.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
lmao seems like santa cant escape banter  :lol