Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117779 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Cloke??
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »
Howe is not on much. Will be soon though ;D

Is that the same Howe you didn't rate two years ago? You said something like he didn't have the tank or the smarts for AFL footy and would never make it in the big time :whistle Just saying......

thought I would read this one. No, I didn't say that. Always rated him. Didn't think he'd have the committment to play AFL and had good reason to think it as well. Now pull your head in, Jelly Belly Tiger.

He's done alright for himself

He was a wacko for us and still is for them, we should have drafted Jeremy Howe last year with the spot Sarge freed up, Howe is a gun :bow

Jem happens to be from my local club (Dodges). He makes Sarge's run at Richmond look consistent....schulzy is a lot better than Jem has ever been

Howey is a super talent though and good luck to him. He had the chance to train with Coburg last year but didnt want to...his season at Hobart was fairly good but he went missing at times. He's got a poo load of work to do if he wants to be a regular at AFL level. I am surprised he went at pick 33 :-\

and he's put the work in and is reaping the benefits. Well done howey.

TFT, you wonder why you're on a lot of people's ignore lists....You make up poo and do almost nothing but troll. Big Footy is the place for you.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
His price is dropping. Good.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
Travis Cloke would be massive.
2013, locked & loaded.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Just heard SEN replay a snippet from Benny Gale talking about Travis Cloke ...

KB: Would someone like Travis be on the Richmond's radar?

Gale: The Fighting Tiger Fund was designed to give us the capacity to not only reward and retain existing players but to bring new players to the club. If our list management dept. thought Travis would be a good addition to our club and at the right price and within salary cap structure then we would look at it. There would be other players in the same boat of course.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
Oer, Daniel Harford also brought up the point that the number 33 has been rested for some time aand not in use. He was trying to elude to the fact they we were waiting for him to come down and waer his old mans number. Highly unlikey...

Tbh and fwiw want the club to make the right decision by firstly what we need but secondly by the existing core of players who are making something of this club. I have no doubt we can find great players to add to our club thru FA and OOC but it is crucial to not make any impact to the foundations we are laying we these kids now. Who have shown integrity, honesty and passion for the colours.

Cloke will sign with collingwood, that is my opinion.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Oer, Daniel Harford also brought up the point that the number 33 has been rested for some time aand not in use.
I heard him say that too. Like you EEA I believe Cloke will stay at the Pies.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Well played Benny.  ;D

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
Would prefer chasing a KP forward more around our core age group.

If we throw 900k at Cloke, think it could be far better spent on getting a Josh Kennedy back to Victoria. Or any other KP forward under 26 years of age - Hawkins, Hurley.

Unlikely getting them though.
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
I believe he'll stay at Collingwood too. But I was reading today on BF in the Freo forum that in some paper that Melbourne are trying to get him for $1.1million and 6 years. If that even happened then they would be paying around 20% of their total salary cap on two players. Good luck holding their young players in a few years if that were the case. Anything can happen when Schwab holds the cheque book.

Personally, arguments of age and if his best is past him or not aside, I'd love to see Goddard at the Tigers. But, same for Cloke any one else, I don't like the idea of chucking massive dollars at players. I don't want any mercenaries at the club. Leave that to Melbourne.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
beat me too it dwaino, Id read somewhere too that he was offered 1.1 per year for 6 by melbourne, and that colonwoood had offered 700k pa for 4 years.

The trick to bidding in auctions is knowing when to sit back and laugh at the bozos paying over the odds.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »
I'd love Melbourne to commit to Cloke for 6 years at $1.1million a season. Going down injured would be icing on the cake, but the precedent it sets for their young blokes would be gold. I imagine if they were stupid enough to actually go for it, it would mean that any of Green, Sylvia etc would be chopped. But good luck when blokes like Trengrove start demanding a higher salary.  :rollin

Offline tigerwoods

• Future Richmond star
  • beware the sleeping giant
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »
imagine the even greater hatrid between collingwood and richmond when we knock them off in a final with clokey #33 kicking 6 for the tiges.

Ox

« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »
The double agent legacy is alive and well

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
I believe he'll stay at Collingwood too. But I was reading today on BF in the Freo forum that in some paper that Melbourne are trying to get him for $1.1million and 6 years. If that even happened then they would be paying around 20% of their total salary cap on two players. Good luck holding their young players in a few years if that were the case. Anything can happen when Schwab holds the cheque book.

that had me laughing so hard i fell out of my chair, and yes i believe the dees would do that too!

Put goddard in anyday, although he will be dumb/ loyal enuf to sign with saints
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S