Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117666 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Cloke??
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
what a load of crap.

We need a strong,Tall forward and Cloke is one.
He's 25 and experienced.

Whats all the banter ??

Two big Croations is good,stuffin!!!!

Always knew David Cloke was a Croatian :)
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »
Dokic. Please

The old man made a point of not letting any of his sons come to punt rd now we should return the favour and tell him to shove his 800k a year up his date

One good year and he demands 800k plus

Okay that's your POV.
But..............
Don't think Richmond even bothered to nominate the first two Clokes as Father-Sons.
Well accepted they went to Collingwood as the cost of getting Travis.
Thus Travis was never coming to Richmond however we did try at the time he was drafted.

As for David, during Northey's reign as Senior Coach I went to quite a few games. David was always in the rooms during this period.

When we started the FTF one of the main reasons was to provide money to buy a big target free agent.
There is no doubt our biggest gap at the moment is a big forward target at CHF.
Travis is one of the best, simply judged on his record.
He is the right age. Same age as Buddy, Roughy, Tippett and Clark.
It's being debated that four or five years is a long time to contract a player on such high wages.
I don't think anyone would dispute offering a similar length to any of the four mentioned above.
(As an aside to look ahead at what you would hope to get; Brown and Pods are six years older, Riewoldt and Petrie five, Waite and Lynch four while Merritt is three years older.)

While the price is very high for one player, it is about par for the course if you look at other high profile moves (Judd, Warnock, Clark, Ablett, Scully etc). The funny thing is that if Travis performs up to expectations and the contract is for five years then the money in the final couple of years may even be on the cheap side.   

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
When we started the FTF one of the main reasons was to provide money to buy a big target free agent.
has this ever been said, or is it just your interpretation?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »
yep in a round about way. we always wanted to have the ability to shake the tree when free agency hit. dont quote me but the ftf goal was 6mil if i remember correctly. at the time of it being implemented we were  4.5 mil in debt. the extra 1.5 was to build a war chest for free agency and build up the footy dept.
thats my take on it anyway.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »
Dokic. Please

The old man made a point of not letting any of his sons come to punt rd now we should return the favour and tell him to shove his 800k a year up his date

One good year and he demands 800k plus

Okay that's your POV.
But..............
Don't think Richmond even bothered to nominate the first two Clokes as Father-Sons.
Well accepted they went to Collingwood as the cost of getting Travis.
Thus Travis was never coming to Richmond however we did try at the time he was drafted.

As for David, during Northey's reign as Senior Coach I went to quite a few games. David was always in the rooms during this period.

There is no doubt our biggest gap at the moment is a big forward target at CHF.
Travis is one of the best, simply judged on his record.
He is the right age. Same age as Buddy, Roughy, Tippett and Clark.
It's being debated that four or five years is a long time to contract a player on such high wages.
I don't think anyone would dispute offering a similar length to any of the four mentioned above.
(As an aside to look ahead at what you would hope to get; Brown and Pods are six years older, Riewoldt and Petrie five, Waite and Lynch four while Merritt is three years older.)

While the price is very high for one player, it is about par for the course if you look at other high profile moves (Judd, Warnock, Clark, Ablett, Scully etc). The funny thing is that if Travis performs up to expectations and the contract is for five years then the money in the final couple of years may even be on the cheap side.   

Well said! But to be totally honest i don't think we have the minerals to get it done. We will just develop our own! :lol :banghead :help

the claw

« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
i have a question. can anyone tell me if you are allowed to take more than one player in free agency?   i ask this because we have made inquireies about troy chaplin. geez cloke and chaplin at no real cost other than an inflated wage would really shore up both the forward and defensive structure.it would leave us free to target mids mids and more mids in the nd.

imagine something like this.

nd
10 caddy
30 odd  mid think ellis this draft
30 odd  mid compensation pick. again think ellis or a parker.
48  young ruckman we need to find a genuine young ruckman of quality. this would be a start.
64 mature  state league really would like us to give tom lee a try. at 195cm about 95kg  and very athletic he would add much needed depth at the worst.
psd moloney short term  and would add to our midfield.
free agency cloke. structures up  the forward line perfectly.
free agency chaplin. at 195/100 balances out and structures up the backline and adding much needed up to standard depth.

plus rookies
 like above  take a mix of kids and state/recycled  league  players.

thats our poor bottom 6 in the 22 fixed almost in one go.

we add 4 mids all ready to go and find real depth if  helbig and arnot can take a step up.

we find  the big kpd  we need we find the second kpf we need. and we find a potential back up tall at both ends in lee.

we cut 8 of the duds making for a better  and more managable balance of good to bad on the list. it also allows to cut rookies like miller.
finally with cloke moloney and chaplin we add some much needed experience in all three areas of the ground.

not a bad scenario if i dont say so myself. alas i struggle to see it happenening. oh well one can hope.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
i have a question. can anyone tell me if you are allowed to take more than one player in free agency?   i ask this because we have made inquireies about troy chaplin.

Big Pappi is usually across this sort of stuff and will probably welcome your question

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
Jack aside, when you look at our alternative tall forward options, I am staggered there are people who wouldn't want Cloke at Richmond.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
Jack aside, when you look at our alternative tall forward options, I am staggered there are people who wouldn't want Cloke at Richmond.

Hurley wouldn't get a game either apparently. Come home Clokey

the claw

« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2012, 10:42:27 PM »
i agree especially now i know hes a free agent. we would be mad not to have a decent crack at him just imagine travis for nothing but his wages and we still have 4 picks in the top 50.

asked above are you allowed to take more than one player in free agency? do you know? cheers.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
I can't see anywhere in the AFL rules that says you can't. All comes down to how much coin you have.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »

I think you will find that the real objection to cloke is not the player himself but the "PRICE TAG AND TERM" that is hanging around his neck. Cloke is NOT worth that price and term. Richmond would be foolish and incompetent dealing with such crap.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: July 26, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
Cloke is NOT worth that price and term.

Well evidently he is worth a considerable amount because a number of clubs are lining up for his services.

How much would Jon Brown be on? Pavlich? Franklin?

Cloke was AA CHF last year. This season's (in the wake of his contract issues) slightly less impressive form aside, when on song is in that company IMO, whether some agree or not.
He is not a huge goal kicker like Jack but as a genuine CHF he plays a harder position.
At his best, Travis is a man mountain in the forward line and does a power of bullocking work that makes life easier for everyone around him.
He sets up an enormous amount of attacks for the Pies.
He would instantly transform our middling side into a very potent one with he and Jack operating one and two up front.
Personally I think his value is underestimated by many.

Tiges better be pushing hard to acquire him if possible. Five years of Lids & Cotchin feeding Travis & Jack, is a mouthwatering prospect.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
Sack Hardwick and employ David Cloke as coach.

Trav Cloke playing assistant coach and captain.

Cameron Cloke CEO.

Jason Cloke President.

They all bleed yellow and black dem clokez.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2012, 11:35:55 PM »

Al, one of the remaining aims of FTF beyond what the AFL has given in equalisation funds is to "pay 100% of the salary cap and be favourably placed for the introduction of free agency"   
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/FTFTheRoadAhead/tabid/17127/Default.aspx