Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117660 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Cloke??
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2012, 05:45:04 PM »
but other than that, fantastic suggestion :clapping

That's the spirit big man  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »
Wasn't he only moved outside the list and isn't on the wage where only half is counted towards cap yet? I remember there some confusion at the start of the year when it happened to his actual list position. I was under the impression he was moved so he could be put on the vets list any time.

He is listed by the AFL as a veteran included on the senior list of 38. (source = Footy Record  ;D)

My understanding is that any listed veteran whether included on the list of 38 or a vetran listed outside the list of 38 has only part of their salary included in the cap. In Newy's case seeing he is our only veteran then it's 50%
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
No deal for Cloke at RFC, too much $ and no guarantees. It was how we signed Chris Naish up years ago to keep him, nearly crippled the club.

I would rather sign Fevola for $150K on a performance based/attitude based contract. I know he is 31 but there must be something there, If RFC is duty bound to look at all possibilities is Fev not a possibility?? We took a monty risk with Cousins and that paid off.

Just imagine round 1 against Carlton next year with Fev in the Yellow and Black. And Fev kicks 10!!

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »
The general opinion seems to be that Cloke is leaving Collingwood because he wants more money.  There was no suggestion of him leaving or wanting to be traded while he was under Malthouse.  The financial clause is trivial.  Could just be that he doesn't like Buckley. Who could blame him.

Not quite.
Looking at the AFL site about contracts today I saw this from the last Cloke contract saga in 2010.
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=104092

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
all this speculation will be ongoing
till something is signed.

so their thinking in holding
off on all talks just adds to it all.

what the hell are they doing. :lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »

I would rather sign Fevola for $150K on a performance based/attitude based contract. I know he is 31 but there must be something there, If RFC is duty bound to look at all possibilities is Fev not a possibility?? We took a monty risk with Cousins and that paid off.

Just imagine round 1 against Carlton next year with Fev in the Yellow and Black. And Fev kicks 10!!

Goodbye credibility

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
The general opinion seems to be that Cloke is leaving Collingwood because he wants more money.  There was no suggestion of him leaving or wanting to be traded while he was under Malthouse.  The financial clause is trivial.  Could just be that he doesn't like Buckley. Who could blame him.

Not quite.
Looking at the AFL site about contracts today I saw this from the last Cloke contract saga in 2010.
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=104092
yeah, this is the second contract negotiation where they have tried to hold the club to ransom.

the same poo will probably go down next time, at whichever club he is at.

although technically they talked about walking out rather than trading in 2010 :P
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »

Goodbye credibility
from a pure football perspective, fervola on minimum wages would be better value for money than cloke, but the reason he would be cheap is the reason why you wouldn't want him

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

Goodbye credibility
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This post is so accurate it hurts  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
"In an exclusive interview with FOX FOOTY's Eddie McGuire, March said the Tigers aren't interested in landing a "big fish".

This is the crappy culture coming through now, WTF, honestly this is half our problem, we need some big fish Gary!!!!!

He went on to say "We are only interested in developing our own big fish".......yep and when that happens Lids will be 40......bloody hell get with the program.

The worst thing is, whether you like or hate Eddie, this is how other clubs Presidents view us, just a backyard outfit. We need to become an aggressive during free agency.

I can remember when free agency was annnouced, I am sure it was March or Gale, or one of the hierarchy that came out and said, we are waiting for free agency, thats what we are saving our money for.......well, what now, we don't wan't to get serious.

This is my problem with the club at the moment, we still don't have the killer instict, we don't have it at board level and it flows down from there.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »
a question WAT, wat do you think of cloke and the way he has gone about his last two contract negotiations?

Also, no one from the club has ever said that they would actively chase a big fish under free agency

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »
a question WAT, wat do you think of cloke and the way he has gone about his last two contract negotiations?

Also, no one from the club has ever said that they would actively chase a big fish under free agency

1. I couldn't care less, sign him to a 3 year deal then after that we call the shots.....1-2 year deals, by that time the ball will be in our court. I care about what he offers on field.

2. Then why come out and say they are saving the money for free agency? Was that so we could lure a crap player to the club???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »
So if we recruited cloke on big money and he then held the club to ransom with this same circus in 2 or 3 years time, you wouldnt slag off at him like you did with delidio?

The club said they were using the money to prepare for free agency.

this could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »
So if we recruited cloke on big money and he then held the club to ransom with this same circus in 2 or 3 years time, you wouldnt slag off at him like you did with delidio?

The club said they were using the money to prepare for free agency.

this could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Totally different, worlds appart, we groomed Lids form a teenager he was supposed to be and is our future and a big part of the apparent rebuilding...stop grasping at straws...

Prepare for what, I thought the idea would of been to pick up the best players on the maket..... ::)

Obviously

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
Dermie on League Teams the other night sold me more saying the rarest and most expensive commodity in footy are big, monster, key forwards.