Author Topic: Cloke??  (Read 117638 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cloke??
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »

a question WAT, wat do you think of cloke and the way he has gone about his last two contract negotiations?

Also, no one from the club has ever said that they would actively chase a big fish under free agency

1. I couldn't care less, sign him to a 3 year deal then after that we call the shots.....1-2 year deals, by that time the ball will be in our court. I care about what he offers on field.

2. Then why come out and say they are saving the money for free agency? Was that so we could lure a crap player to the club???
Is Cloke not holding out for a five year deal? I thought most on here would be against using five year deals to lure people to our club?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2012, 08:54:58 AM »
Dermie on League Teams the other night sold me more saying the rarest and most expensive commodity in footy are big, monster, key forwards.

Dead right and imagine him and Reiwoldt forward, there is no way teams could stop them both.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: July 28, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
a question WAT, wat do you think of cloke and the way he has gone about his last two contract negotiations?

Also, no one from the club has ever said that they would actively chase a big fish under free agency

1. I couldn't care less, sign him to a 3 year deal then after that we call the shots.....1-2 year deals, by that time the ball will be in our court. I care about what he offers on field.

2. Then why come out and say they are saving the money for free agency? Was that so we could lure a crap player to the club???
Is Cloke not holding out for a five year deal? I thought most on here would be against using five year deals to lure people to our club?

If that is the case then my opinion changes, only players of the Cotchin calibre should be offered 5 year deals.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
Dermie on League Teams the other night sold me more saying the rarest and most expensive commodity in footy are big, monster, key forwards.

Dead right and imagine him and Reiwoldt forward, there is no way teams could stop them both.

Yep. At the moment both Cloke and Jack take best defender and usually a third man up. Even in their poor form at the moment they still get this kind of treatment, but dont show either this respect and they're able to have field days.

Imagine Cloke, Riewoldt, 2011 form Vickery, Martin, and Cotchin and Deledio rotating through once we add midfield depth.

I don't care much for the potentially Cloke circus in 4-5 years. If we don't significantly improve we will probably lose blokes like Deledio anyway.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »

If that is the case then my opinion changes, only players of the Cotchin calibre should be offered 5 year deals.
As i understand it so far... Cloke wants five years, Collingwood only offer three or maybe four.

Freo shows interest and are willing to give him five years. Clokes take this back to the table.

Collingwood offers five years but the last two years are performance base.

The Clokes do not like the performance based aspect of the final years.

Negotiations cease.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: July 28, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
"In an exclusive interview with FOX FOOTY's Eddie McGuire, March said the Tigers aren't interested in landing a "big fish".

This is the crappy culture coming through now, WTF, honestly this is half our problem, we need some big fish Gary!!!!!

He went on to say "We are only interested in developing our own big fish".......yep and when that happens Lids will be 40......bloody hell get with the program.

Just on Eddie's "exclusive" with gary march. The interview was recorded a few days before the Pies called off their talks with Cloke... so at the time when the question was asked the Cloke "SAGA" was very different

Correct al, they said the FTF would allow them to be in a strong position for FA. This would have included making sure we were able to hold onto all our key players (eg Deledio  ;D) and fend off the likes of GWS etc as well looking at the FA market.

As i understand it so far... Cloke wants five years, Collingwood only offer three or maybe four.

Freo shows interest and are willing to give him five years. Clokes take this back to the table.

Collingwood offers five years but the last two years are performance base.

The Clokes do not like the performance based aspect of the final years.

Negotiations cease.

C'wood have offered him 5 year. The first 4 are guaranteed at around $750-$800k a season but the 5th year is supposedly the incentive based year with a base amount and performance incentives that will take him up to the $800k.

Young Travis and Damir (more likely his father) have said NO to this so as I said yesterday it seems Travis is prepared to back his own ability in to achieve the incentives, reeks of greed ala his Dad in 1982 when he cracked the sads because other players were getting paid more than him.

The Cloke MO on contract negotiations seems all about playng it out in the media to hold clubs to ransom; did it last time, doing it again. Doubt he will leave C'wood and if he does he will go to the highest bidder and I don't want us throwing all our eggs in one basket when there are plenty of other fish in the ocean

BTW the way he is playing at the moment he isn't worth $400k a year let alone $800k,
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: July 28, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
but other than that, fantastic suggestion :clapping

That's the spirit big man  :clapping

Respect your coach man.  :whistle

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »

Yep. At the moment both Cloke and Jack take best defender and usually a third man up. Even in their poor form at the moment they still get this kind of treatment, but dont show either this respect and they're able to have field days.

Imagine Cloke, Riewoldt, 2011 form Vickery, Martin, and Cotchin and Deledio rotating through once we add midfield depth.

I don't care much for the potentially Cloke circus in 4-5 years. If we don't significantly improve we will probably lose blokes like Deledio anyway.

Yep agree, I think players like Lids and Cotch would love to have Cloke at the club, they loved it when we recruited Brown, well Lids did.

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #429 on: July 28, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »

Yep agree, I think players like Lids and Cotch would love to have Cloke at the club, they loved it when we recruited Brown, well Lids did.

As long as it's within reason of course  :thumbsup I don't like the price tag or the five years. I agree with everyone else that he is hardly even worth $500k at the moment. It also wouldn't send a good message to the rest of our players. But on the other hand, what's the cost for a tilt at the flag?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: July 28, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »

As long as it's within reason of course  :thumbsup I don't like the price tag or the five years. I agree with everyone else that he is hardly even worth $500k at the moment. It also wouldn't send a good message to the rest of our players. But on the other hand, what's the cost for a tilt at the flag?

Agree, I would be willing to pay between $550k-$650k with up to an extra $100k a year based on the performance of the club.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
So if we recruited cloke on big money and he then held the club to ransom with this same circus in 2 or 3 years time, you wouldnt slag off at him like you did with delidio?

The club said they were using the money to prepare for free agency.

this could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Totally different, worlds appart, we groomed Lids form a teenager he was supposed to be and is our future and a big part of the apparent rebuilding...stop grasping at straws...

Prepare for what, I thought the idea would of been to pick up the best players on the maket..... ::)

Obviously
not clutching at straws, just seeing double standards.

Obviously? well the other possibility is obvious to me, but obviously it is not obvious to you. The first thing that comes into your mind is rarely the only option, it just takes a little thought and you will see that there are other interpretations of being ready for free agnecy.

I thought you may have been able to think this through for yourself, but obviously not  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »

You mean Andrew Browne? Because Nathan was at the club before Lids :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »
So if we recruited cloke on big money and he then held the club to ransom with this same circus in 2 or 3 years time, you wouldnt slag off at him like you did with delidio?

Totally different, worlds appart, we groomed Lids form a teenager he was supposed to be and is our future and a big part of the apparent rebuilding...stop grasping at straws...

Prepare for what, I thought the idea would of been to pick up the best players on the maket..... ::)

Obviously

Obviously? well the other possibility is obvious to me, but obviously it is not obvious to you. The first thing that comes into your mind is rarely the only option, it just takes a little thought and you will see that there are other interpretations of being ready for free agnecy.

I thought you may have been able to think this through for yourself, but obviously not  ::)

FFS 30 years of double standards  :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »

Obviously

No double standards, did you read my post?????

Sorry al forgot you are al-ways right..

No, sorry again not as gifted as you.

"Rucks: