Author Topic: Foley re signs (3 years) [merged]  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Tigers close to re-signing Nathan Foley [merged]
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

He's not on Shane Edwards level :banghead

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Foley re signs (3 years)
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 12:47:46 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/145946/default.aspx

Great new's, glad it was two and not three with his suspect Achilles. Is very hand cog in our midfield andwas sorely missed in the back half of this season, lets hope he can get in another full pre season and come out firing again next year :cheers

gerkin greg

Re: Foley re signs (3 years)
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
 :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
Got it done, Tiges  :clapping

tony_montana

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »
I'll give him one more season before writing him off (just because of how important I feel he is to our side). Needs to play 22 games next season with the output he was giving us before going down this year.

No point in holding him past 2013 if he is only going to play half a season again. If he does go down next year with the same ankle/achilles/heel related injury, definitely time to cash in on his currency (or what is left of it).

If he gets the same injury next year its curtains on career... His currency will be zero. Hopefully this is the last one and he puts it behind him. What odds of him coming back in the form he showed early this season after an achilles?

tony_montana

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:30 PM »
Yeah good work, showed earlier this year that injury free, he makes our midfield elite

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »
We will be unstopable next year

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
I'll give him one more season before writing him off (just because of how important I feel he is to our side). Needs to play 22 games next season with the output he was giving us before going down this year.

No point in holding him past 2013 if he is only going to play half a season again. If he does go down next year with the same ankle/achilles/heel related injury, definitely time to cash in on his currency (or what is left of it).

If he gets the same injury next year its curtains on career... His currency will be zero. Hopefully this is the last one and he puts it behind him. What odds of him coming back in the form he showed early this season after an achilles?
Considering he came back from an achilles and had the form he had, I reckon he'd be about right to recapture it. To me, him regaining his form is the least of my concerns. The problem with Axel is the injuries, needs to put it behind him as you said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »
VIDEO: Foley talks about his re-signing:

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/484253/Foley%20re-signs/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
Foley signs new Tigers deal
By Laura Gardiner
Sports News First
28 August 2012 01:35PM EST

RICHMOND midfielder Nathan Foley has recommitted to the Tigers, with his new deal tying him to the club until at least the end of the 2014 season.

Foley, 26, has played 120 games since making his debut way back in Round 10, 2005 against Melbourne.

The hard-working on-baller copped a horror injury run this season, suffering a heel problem in Round 10 and then Achilles trouble, which ruled him out of action for the remainder of the year.

Before his injuries, Foley had averaged 23 disposals and nearly six tackles an outing from his 10 appearances.

He has become an integral cog in the Tigers' rising on-ball division, alongside surprise Brownlow favourite Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Brett Deledio.

Foley said he was excited for what season 2013 has in store for the Tigers, who narrowly missed out on a finals berth this year.

“It’s fantastic, (there's) some really exciting times coming up, so I was really excited to sign with the club," Foley told richmondfc.com.au.

"They’ve been fantastic and I’m looking forward to the future."

Foley said he was recovering well from surgery to repair his Achilles, with the on-baller targeting a strength program in as soon as a month.

“It’s all fine. I went and saw the surgeon last Tuesday and everything’s going to plan,” he said.

“It’s pretty quiet at the moment, there’s not too much you can do.

"But I’ve had no infection, or any dramas with it, so it’s all going smoothly at the moment.

“I’m about five weeks post-op, so I’ve just been doing a bit of shoulder work, a few upper-body weights, injury-prevention sort of stuff, groin strength.

"But it’s been pretty low-key at this stage.

“I’ll slowly transition out of the boot probably in the next fortnight and then probably in a month’s time, I’ll start getting some strength into it.”

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/08/28/foley-signs-new-tigers-deal/

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 02:14:48 PM »
3 years apparently

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
3 years apparently