Author Topic: What was Connolly going on about?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
What was Connolly going on about?
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:23:07 PM »
A journalist at his press conference asked something along the lines of "what do you put down to Richmond's improvement this year?" Chris Connolly replied, "Wallace's honeymoon period." 

che! ???

lol @ Mark Thomson having a sook and going right off at the media over Otto at his press conference.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: What was Connolly going on about?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:29:19 PM »
What an interesting concept, coaches actually let each other win if they are new or taking over a new club!!!!

I'd like to see how he describes Alastair Clarkson's first three weeks in the job.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 05:29:36 AM »
lol DC. Well that now explains Spud's initial success  ;D.

Connolly's now under the pump big time. He spent most of last week talking up about how Wallace called Freo soft and how they were out for revenge and they don't hold any fears over travelling. Then his team go out and proof Terry was right  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 05:52:18 AM »
Maybe Connolly was referring to the fact that the honeymoon is over for him lol
Never seen a worse team (us included) play the worst type of footy ever.
So, if that was his attempt to say we are still a crap side and are playing above ourselves, me thinks he should look in his own backyard and concentrate on turning that rabble around.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 09:32:30 AM »
Connolly's now under the pump big time. He spent most of last week talking up about how Wallace called Freo soft and how they were out for revenge and they don't hold any fears over travelling. Then his team go out and proof Terry was right  :thumbsup.

Yeah - the slightest bit of physical pressure and they went to jelly. I don't like the term "soft" but Freo play "soft" footy. Their chipping and running sideways, backwards and any other direction other than forward highlights their avoidance to any physical contact, hence pressure.

Freo are also suffering from added pressure because they gave Connelly an contract extenison. Fair dinkum when will footy clubs learn that these extensions are more of a hinderance than anything. I said pre-season Freo would struggle this year - glad to see so far in 2005 I am right  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 01:03:19 PM »
No one said we were going to make the finals so no one is moving away from the fact that we are one shallacking away from everything being reversed. my my my how people dont know how to react when the heat is on. Ahhh well we cant do anything  but keep doing the things we do well.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne