Author Topic: The Heat Is On!!  (Read 2983 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The Heat Is On!!
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »
Ok, so we probably won't make the 8 now and I can't believe it, sorry but I can't.

Now, after watching the Crows smash the Blues, the Bombers resurgence, the Eagles resurgence, The Pies are up again, the Dockets are going ok, the Swans are up there....still.

WHEN, when are we going to get it together, I know many said we wouldn't make the 8 this year and that's fine, I thought we would and should!

But if not this year there surely there can't be any excuses next year. I just don't want to hear rubbish excuses next year.

THE HEAT IS ON, Tigers stand up!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: The Heat Is On!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »
Have always said finals are a must in 2013

Nothing has changed

This years draft/trade period are crucial for us
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
Have always said finals are a must in 2013

Nothing has changed

This years draft/trade period are crucial for us

Yep, you have, so what happens if we don't? How log can we go on like this?

Trade period and free agency.....we must capitalize!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

10 FLAGS

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »
The draft and trade periods of the next 18 months that is Draft/Trade of 2012 and again in 2013 will determine if can win a flag. I am confident that if we can replace say King and Nahas with 1 forward pocket of class and we can replace Browne and Graham with 1 more half decent ruck that can compliment Maric then we take care of 2 positions on the ground and open up 2 spots on the list to find 2 more mids as an example. How we use our list, how we manage it as a club and how smart we are will determine where we end up. Right now I am backing Hardwick and his group and I will back Frank Jackson to come up with 2 or 3 excellent youngsters. If Blair Hartley produces another trade like the ones he has already done, then as KB likes to say....we will be right in the van.  :gotigers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »
Who said we wont make it this year, i can see at least 9 wins from remainng 14 games, bare in mind already played top 4. We'll still be akive when the whips are cracking
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
Who said we wont make it this year, i can see at least 9 wins from remainng 14 games, bare in mind already played top 4. We'll still be akive when the whips are cracking

Not sure 12 wins is going to enough bj17 unless you have a massive % of over say 115%
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »
The draft and trade periods of the next 18 months that is Draft/Trade of 2012 and again in 2013 will determine if can win a flag. I am confident that if we can replace say King and Nahas with 1 forward pocket of class and we can replace Browne and Graham with 1 more half decent ruck that can compliment Maric then we take care of 2 positions on the ground and open up 2 spots on the list to find 2 more mids as an example. How we use our list, how we manage it as a club and how smart we are will determine where we end up. Right now I am backing Hardwick and his group and I will back Frank Jackson to come up with 2 or 3 excellent youngsters. If Blair Hartley produces another trade like the ones he has already done, then as KB likes to say....we will be right in the van.  :gotigers

Pretty well on the money 10 Flags, must get in the 8 next year though, I think we also need another forward and some backs.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »

Didn't say won't I said probably won't and WP has said what we need to do... :-\

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
we can stil make the 8..no doubt about that

10 FLAGS

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
One thing no one should forget - When we get their and we will get their either in 2012 or 2013 we should get their with the hope that the improvement is improvement of substance and that we will be their for a long time. When we make the eight it should be the start of the journey to the 11th Tin Mug. The Premiership is what counts nothing else. So even if we miss out this year it is no big problem for me, maybe we would be better of finishing say 10th. That would guarantee us another top 10 pick and hopefully another A grade midfielder to add to the current group of midfielders we got.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »
One thing no one should forget - When we get their and we will get their either in 2012 or 2013 we should get their with the hope that the improvement is improvement of substance and that we will be their for a long time. When we make the eight it should be the start of the journey to the 11th Tin Mug. The Premiership is what counts nothing else. So even if we miss out this year it is no big problem for me, maybe we would be better of finishing say 10th. That would guarantee us another top 10 pick and hopefully another A grade midfielder to add to the current group of midfielders we got.

Yep true, but if we don't make the 8 I would like to finish as low as possible.

"Rucks:

TigerTimeII

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
we can still make the 8