Author Topic: Could Bradley be our inspiration  (Read 2029 times)

Moi

Could Bradley be our inspiration
« on: April 18, 2005, 08:42:58 PM »
I wonder if the RFC players will use Ottens as their inspiration to succeed.  He did a Buckley and said he wanted to play at a successful club, took the money and deserted his mates.  I couldn't think of a better inspiration to show this guy he made the wrong decision.  I also think he is going to be the Richard Lounder of the 21st century - and a pretty expensive one to boot.

I'm inspired to shove it up him - i hope the players are too  ;D 

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: Could Bradley be our inspiration
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:01:32 PM »
I wouldnt waste my time. The fact that every time Otto breathes he requires the entire the Geelong team to go pat his ass to boost his confidence tells me he is on a spiral downwards. Our inspiration is the fact that our club has struggled for the better part of 20 years....that alone and the chance to be part of the re-building is inspiration enough.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »
Who? ???

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 10:19:02 PM »
Couldn't give a stuff really - Just hope he ends up like fig jam with us winning flags and the Cats down the bottom - That would make me happy especially the way some Geelong supporters are carrying on ATM  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 12:25:34 AM »
You people. :help ;D

trying to assasinate him ;D

.............................you people......................................... :gobdrop

All of you >:( :o

YOU PEOPLE............. ;D ;D

Just leave him alone :rollin :rollin :rollin

you people.......... ;D :sleep

BLAH blah .. :rollin :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 04:39:05 AM »
 :rollin WP

All Bomber Thomson did by going off at the media was show the criticism was getting to the Cats. The media will now be vultures more than they usually are waiting for Otto to fail. Otto actually did pretty well on Saturday night (albeit against the bottom side  ;) ) but more as a ruckman rather than key forward Geelong recruited him for.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 06:09:03 AM »
 :santa

:thumbsup

:sleep

Moi

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 06:33:50 AM »
 :rollin @ WP lol

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 06:43:44 PM »
Talent means nothing without committment and hard work. Brad Ottens will be one more player that wasted his talent.

He could learn a lot from the player we gave up to get the pick for him. Chris Bond wasnt a talented player. He wasnt fast, he didnt have the talents of Craig Bradley, but gee he made a big contribution to the team when he played footy for us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 05:15:24 AM »
Agree 1980. Bondy gave his all while at the Tiges. He was getting on in age and copped injuries IIRC by the time he crossed to Freo. He and Prescott were only with the Dockers for a short while.

The Ottens and Fiora draft picks sadly were wastes in the end given both are no longer at Tigerland. Travis Johnstone is still at the Dees so they probably now feel vindicated by their choice. We could have gotten Pavlich instead of Fiora but even he is struggling big time although trying to play CHF at Freo must be a nightmare based on last Sunday efforts.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 10:07:45 AM »
Agree 1980. Bondy gave his all while at the Tiges. He was getting on in age and copped injuries IIRC by the time he crossed to Freo. He and Prescott were only with the Dockers for a short while.

The Ottens and Fiora draft picks sadly were wastes in the end given both are no longer at Tigerland. Travis Johnstone is still at the Dees so they probably now feel vindicated by their choice. We could have gotten Pavlich instead of Fiora but even he is struggling big time although trying to play CHF at Freo must be a nightmare based on last Sunday efforts.
true but bondy lost me on white line fever! all he did was keep praising the dockers saying it was just a slip up and they will be there in the top 4 and saying he is still close to them bla bla bla, not oncedid he mention oir game , all he said wa sthat we had a big power fwd. bloody hell he didnt even give us recognition as a former player, it was all about the dockers and their gr8 president coach and captain!!! loser

Offline Tiv

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 11:50:51 AM »
Hi all!

X, you have to remember Bondy did Captain Freo, so I can see his alliance leaning towards them.

What was the trade concerning Bond? I do recall we got their number 1 pick for him??

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 01:03:24 PM »
WP - priceless :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »
Hi all!

X, you have to remember Bondy did Captain Freo, so I can see his alliance leaning towards them.

What was the trade concerning Bond? I do recall we got their number 1 pick for him??

Welcome to OER Tiv  :)

We got Freo's pick 2 for Chris Bond and pick 21 (Clem Michael).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 05:57:59 PM »
true but bondy lost me on white line fever! all he did was keep praising the dockers saying it was just a slip up and they will be there in the top 4 and saying he is still close to them bla bla bla, not oncedid he mention oir game , all he said wa sthat we had a big power fwd. bloody hell he didnt even give us recognition as a former player, it was all about the dockers and their gr8 president coach and captain!!! loser

That sounds hauntingly like us in early 2002 with the "we're a top 4 side" lingo even after a loss ::).

In any case isn't Bondy with the Dogs now as assistant coach? Maybe still cut over the week before's narrow loss! The Bulldogs blamed losing on us having a power forward. Don't know how having a power forward explains Freo getting pumped all over the park!