Author Topic: 10 things i've noticed this season  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
10 things i've noticed this season
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
1. The 2 talls up forward with Ivan floating through to pinch hit works better than having 3 permanent talls.

2. Moving Edwards into his new role may push Nahas out of the side.

3.  Ivan and Morris have been astute choices for the game style Hardwick wants to play..

4. We may have the best midfield in the competition

5. Kicking straight wins games

6. Newman, Houli, Rance, Griffiths, Grimes, Astbury, Ellis, Batchelor and Morris cant all play in the same side..  hard decisions will need to be made at times.

7. Hardwick is a very good and so far, under rated coach

8. Craig Cameron and Francis Jackson have done and are doing great jobs in recruiting.  More hits than misses the last few years

9. We're only belief away from getting into the final 8.

10. The players are finally playing for the jumper...  with no big headed over paid egocentric players ruling the roost.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: 10 things i've noticed this season
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
Nahas and edwards are different players...nahas can push up into midfield and win some ball , applies good defensive pressure....edwards is more effective close to goal, is a good mark and great through traffic...can also push into midfield, not as good defensively
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »
Nahas and edwards are different players...nahas can push up into midfield and win some ball , applies good defensive pressure....edwards is more effective close to goal, is a good mark and great through traffic...can also push into midfield, not as good defensively

Thats where we disagree, i think Edwards is a far better defensive player than Nahas and Edwards can and does push through the midfield.  IMO they're similar players but Edwards is a better mark and player in traffic.  Time will tell.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »
edwards is a better decsion maker and will kick on hi non preferred foot rather than always look to get on his right and/or kick with the outside of his right when unbalanced
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
Nahas started the game in the centre.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »
3 Tall forwards can work. It's just that Vickery has been ass this year and Miller & Jack inconsistent.

Bengal, WTF are you giving Cameron wraps for  :nope :nope :nope :nope B.Hartley  :thumbsup Or Hornsby as Stripes calls him.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
3 Tall forwards can work. It's just that Vickery has been ass this year and Miller & Jack inconsistent.

Bengal, WTF are you giving Cameron wraps for  :nope :nope :nope :nope B.Hartley  :thumbsup Or Hornsby as Stripes calls him.

I like them rotating our best mids through the forward line and i think with another tall in there its just way to busy..  having 4 targets is confusing.  Have to give Cameron and FJ and i will add Brendon Gale to them as well for getting things right and appointing the right people..  Ross Smith, Lade, etc.. And the recruiting has been second to none in the past few years..

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »

Smartass  ;D

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

Smartass  ;D

Yep add Hartley tooo .   

Quote from today:

“Craig Cameron, Blair Hartley and Francis Jackson have worked incredibly hard to bring in draft players to improve our footy club, but also those guys who weren’t getting an opportunity at other clubs,” Hardwick said on 3AW.