Author Topic: skoda stadium tiger seating  (Read 3714 times)

Offline bundyroy

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
skoda stadium tiger seating
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
Hi all, i'm a first time forum user but along time tiger member, where abouts is all the tiger fans sitting at skoda stadium?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: skoda stadium tiger seating
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:17:36 PM »
Hi bundyroy and welcome aboard OER  :)

The Essendon cheer squad were situated behind the old grandstand goals last night so I'm guessing our cheer squad will be too.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:47:41 AM »
Hi all, i'm a first time forum user but along time tiger member, where abouts is all the tiger fans sitting at skoda stadium?

Just look out for the yellow and black crowd burning effigy's of kevin sheed prior to the match and follow them  :gotigers

:help
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
Will find out Friday night and let you know

Offline bundyroy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
Will find out Friday night and let you know
   Thanks mate, i'm flying down from Hervey Bay QLD to see the game so need a tiger fix  :gotigers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
I went to the GWS v Bombers game on Saturday night and I must say, Skoda is a brilliant ground to watch footy at. You are really close to the action and the atmosphere was pretty good considering the small crowd. If we can pack it out, the atmosphere will be amazing.

SKODA INFO FOR TRAVELLING TIGERS

SEATING
Travelling cheer squad will be based at the south western end of the ground directly behind the goals in front of the Vincent Fairfax Stand unlike at the the SCG where the Swans Shaft them off to the pocket.
It appears that they will bunch most of the travelling Tiger supporters into the South Eastern Stand but this is not exclusive. Viewing from this stand is very good and all seats on level one of this stand and some of the lower concourse are under cover. If you prefer to be a fence hogger, the ground camber is not too bad.

GROUND FEATURES & FACILITIES
There are only two main entry's into the ground. Gate A and Gate D. If most of you end up in the South Eastern Stand, Gate A will be your entry point.

You can walk the entire circumference of the ground without hitting any gates or staff requesting to see your ticket. This really allows you to explore the whole ground at your leisure. Lots of people to help with directions if needed. There is a big open concourse at the north western end of the ground which has an AFL Fun Zone for the kids and plenty of space for them to burn up some energy.
Plenty of clean toilets around the ground for at least 3 quarters or until the Grog Squad decide to drop their payload, whichever comes first.  ;D

Food offerings are extremely varied and interesting. Aside from the traditional pies and chips, you can get Subway, Kebabs, Noodles and stir fry, Gourmet hot dogs (try the Boston) Wood fired Pizza delivered to your seat. :o
Soft serve ice cream with all the trimmings, Coffee stands and the list goes on and on. They really have focused on variety. Footy food prices do apply though so bring a fat wallet. One drawback is that all the food vendors are spread throughout the ground so you may have to walk a bit if you want a particular type of meal.
The giant screen is awesome and can be clearly watched from any part of the ground. Be warned though, they have a Hug Cam so anyone a little shy of PDA's, you may want to head to the Loo during half time.
Bring your footy as they allow kick to kick after the second final siren.  :thumbsup

TRANSPORT
Train is a good option with the Station pretty close to the ground. If driving, P6 and P6a are the closest parking areas to the stadium. Pay and display applies here at $4 an hour or $20 max. Be warned, they will book you if you don't get a ticket. from P6a, Just cross Australia Ave and you walk into the ground. P1 is undercover structured parking but a little further away and If there is a league game on, it might be busier as it is closest to ANZ Stadium. P1 is a $20 flat rate.

Thats about it. Happy to take any questions if you need further info.  :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
That pretty much sums it up thanks tiga.
Ill get south western somewhere and from the looks of last
Week should be able to plonk ur butt anywhere u please.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
That pretty much sums it up thanks tiga.
Ill get south western somewhere and from the looks of last
Week should be able to plonk ur butt anywhere u please.

No problems CUB.  :thumbsup I am expecting that our supporters travel better than the Bummers. I think we have a bigger supporter base than them in NSW so I'm hoping seats will be at a premium and the ground is filled with Yellow and black. In reality, I'm expecting that there will be plenty of spare seats on the concourse particularly at the North Western End as they will probably be the last to be filled. One thing to note, if its sunny, The south eastern stand will cop the later afternoon sun so make sure you bring the Dirty Dog's.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »
Thanks for the info tiga.

Covered off my main query and that was about parking ;D

Fly in in the morning and home that evening.

I know about a dozen folks who are going up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

Re parking WP, I forgot to mention that P6 from memory has a ticket and boom gate system and a manned validation station at one corner. P6a is pay and display meaning you will need $20 worth of $1 or $2 coins at the ready to put into a machine to get your ticket. P6a is slightly closer to the ground but fills up more quickly as there are no boom gates to deal with when leaving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »

Re parking WP, I forgot to mention that P6 from memory has a ticket and boom gate system and a manned validation station at one corner. P6a is pay and display meaning you will need $20 worth of $1 or $2 coins at the ready to put into a machine to get your ticket. P6a is slightly closer to the ground but fills up more quickly as there are no boom gates to deal with when leaving.

thanks tiga

I'll borrow some coins from the "cookie jar"  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bundyroy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
Thanks Tiga, that sums the ground up sensationaly, i'm a standing room only tiger so sth eastern standing room only suits me aslong as there's a booth nearby, stayin at Ibis Sinny Olympic Park so the brewery bar looks grand for a few celerbratory ales... can't wait, Cairns loss last season was my last game, only an interstate member now but love em more than ever, mazing when u move interstate, u still seem to find tigerboys everywhere, got a crew going down to see tiges at the Scabba which is always a happy hunting ground for us... :gotigers