Author Topic: CEO issue is old news: Frawley  (Read 2726 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
CEO issue is old news: Frawley
« on: May 27, 2004, 05:07:13 PM »
CEO issue is old news: Frawley
3:51:09 PM Thu 27 May, 2004
Samantha Lane
Sportal
Richmond coach Danny Frawley says he and his players have already moved on from the resignation of the club’s chief executive officer Ian Campbell on Wednesday.

Frawley, whose club is now searching for its ninth chief executive in 14 years, said the club president and interim chief executive Clinton Casey, had briefed the playing group on Thursday morning.
“That’s the only thing I’ll say, we’ve moved on and Clinton’s had a good chat about it and I’d appreciate it if you could let me focus on winning a game of footy.”

“It’s disappointing, but I can’t really focus on it or comment on it. It’s Clinton and the board’s doing and we’ve got a big game on our hands this week,” Frawley said at Punt Road Oval on Thursday afternoon.

“You can ask as many questions about it as you like, but it’s not my focus, we’ve just got to move on and win a game a football that we desperately need to square the ledger at five all. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t ask me any more questions about it because really, I’ve got no comment.”

Frawley said he was disappointed by a newspaper report that claimed the club would ask at least seven players, including dual All-Australian defender Darren Gaspar, to leave at the season’s end.

The same report suggested Richmond might seek to lure Carlton coach Denis Pagan to the club.

“A guy like Darren Gaspar and Denis Pagan don’t need to be brought into a situation like that,” Frawley said.

“Denis Pagan is a quality person and a quality coach and he’s got some focus to do, so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t ask him any questions about what was written in the paper or said in the media today because he’s the coach of Carlton.”

“I think to bring someone else’s name into it is just a little bit disappointing.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=151555

----------------------------------

I know people get annoyed when Danny speaks but his right to name Gaspar and Pagan in that story was pretty poor form by Greg Denham
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: CEO issue is old news: Frawley
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 06:00:02 PM »
Greg Denham said on SEN earlier he stood by his claims.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: CEO issue is old news: Frawley
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 06:18:49 PM »
Greg Denham is a troll and it would have been so easy for him to come to those aspersions without doing very much research at all.

1. He would know that the club is under going a clean out program that was incompleted at the end of last year and that there would be at least another 6 or 7 to go at the end of this year.
2.It would have been easy for him to have rang the West Coast Eagles and asked them the hypothetical question that if Gaspar was up for trade would you guys be interested in him and of course they might be for the right price. So this gets sown into the story as well to create a bit more drama.
3.And now for Pagan, well that's another easy one. Pagan and Miller know each other, they did well together years ago, Richmond are looking for a new coach. There is enough factors in the situation to give the story some plausibility which inturn makes the story persist and given the air of possibility.

The entire work load that it would have taken denham to complete that story was probably one phone call to the West Coast Eagles, The rest is just linking circumstances.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.