Author Topic: Malthouse rates Richmond's season a C+  (Read 5793 times)

the claw

Re: Malthouse rates Richmond's season a C+
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
95% of our list is more or less unproven. Injury is injury and imo dea helbig astbury griff are all best 22.

You cannot rebuild due to draft and salary cap without young players. The fact we have little little back up and a young list is already well known. We dont have the means of getting good young players in the senior team plus a senior proven 28 year old afl player waitinh to cover injury in the 2s

Griff has.as much potential as anyone on the game. Before injury astbury had a class debut season dor a bloke of his size. After draft day i would of thought dimma saw his future flag winning side including his first 3 picks. Chb asybury. C martin. Chf griff. And my boy helbig would have not been far behind.
Helbig is a more rounded option king/nahas. I feel he would have helped filling the foley void. Would have goven conca and ellis a buffer. And has a decent brain/kick unlike jacko.
Dea was given the #7 for a reason and looks a natural backlinr first choice player.

I would like to know what other clubs have lost fb. Chb. Chf. Ff. As we have done. We have already argeed deledio has payed all games. Fact remains he suffered soft tissue injury and was not 100%. Due to injury.

We have only 7 senior players. (26 yoa plus). Moore long term injury plus foley and king we are going at about 50% injury rate. Infact its been cruley many of our lesser players who have bern lucky to get ofg scot free this preseason and yr thus far. My point is merely the notion of a dream run is not the case.

More so if you think what 22 magnets would of been on dimmas whiteboard if everyone fit on the eve pratice games and round 1.
as i said i disagree with ya no point arguing if you think we have been hard done by injury with the few we have had. would hate to see the carry on when we actually get a big injury toll.  seems mick disagrees with ya as well.

i dont agree with his rating but hes 100% right on the injury front.

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
Bottom line is 27 players used means we've had a settled lineup to date.

C+ was a harsh mark but like I've said before these so called experts aren't that crash hot in terms of their special comments. Who the stuff felt we were set for finals challenge? Most people including us supporters thou very small chance, no expert tipped us to make the 8 so not sure where that comment came from. Considering who we've played and the wins we've jagged, I give us a b

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
Eff malthouse and his mates in the 7 box. Feel sorry for richo havin to brave it out with wankers like darcy, ling and cometti.

I don't recall one media "expert" predicting richmond to make finals, there was only one who said we could sit btween 7-12 but I don't recall who said that and that could be as little as we finish the same as last year or we improve. Good work nostradamus
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »
Mick reckons morris isnt skilkfull enough for afl football.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
Mick reckons morris isnt skilkfull enough for afl football.

Didn't he now change his tune and say that Morris had beautiful kicking skills? lol?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
Malthouse was on 3aw earlier tonight rating the teams he didn't do last week. After giving us a C+ last week he gave North a B tonight because they were just a game outside the Eight :huh

Ess A+
Haw A-
Syd A
St K B+
Frem B
North B
Bris C
GWS C
GC C

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »
Malthouse was on 3aw earlier tonight rating the teams he didn't do last week. After giving us a C+ last week he gave North a B tonight because they were just a game outside the Eight :huh

Ess A+
Haw A-
Syd A
St K B+
Frem B
North B
Bris C
GWS C
GC C

Last week. They got beaten by 115 points in the game prior to them falling over the line to a winless Gold Coast by 7 points. If they're a B we are an AAA+++.

dwaino

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
Bill Gates rates Richmond's season a C++

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »
You see tuck, even the skataboners rate high than us in the eyes of the media.
For us to be trully recognised we would have to be twice as good as modern era collingwood and even then then they would still hang it on us for losing a game here and there
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 10:09:25 PM »
You see tuck, even the skataboners rate high than us in the eyes of the media.
For us to be trully recognised we would have to be twice as good as modern era collingwood and even then then they would still hang it on us for losing a game here and there

Nought don't sell papers like we do. Good or bad.
We win by plenty we sell we lose by plenty we sell.
Nought goes bankcrupt WGAF. Nought find five cents WGAF.
That's why people don't say anything about them.
As it was on the footy show a few years back when someone bagged Boomer and said you never play in front of big crowds and he replied we played in front of 65000 on the weekend that passed as it hapenned to be Collingwood they were playing. I think Dale Thomas answered yeah but 60000 were Collingwood supporters. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »

Ess A+
Haw A-
Syd A
St K B+
Frem B
North B
Bris C
GWS C
GC C

thats why collingwood had a succession plan.
oh Mick.

gerkin greg

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
Was told mick has lost his marbles

Not surprised by this

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
Malthouse has just lost all credibility.
He must really hate Richmond.
I hope someone rings up his radio station and takes him to task over these ratings.
Unleash the tornado

the claw

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »
Expectations coming into the season.
What players they have to work with.
Injuries thru the season.

the more i think about it the more mick has it spot on with most sides.

do people actually read whats been written and pay heed to the criteria that sets the rating?  the answer to that is no bloody way emotions get in the way to analise a thing.
its funny. its like bloody hell that nuffer malthouse only gave us a c+  never mind the criteria hes a dimwit who knows nothing.

cmon you lot cant have it both ways we either have heaps of talent to work with or we dont. we have either had heaps of injuries right thruout or we havent.
to me i think with us the only thing hes got wrong is the expectation bit we are around where most thought we would finish if not higher.
his expectation though may well have been different to ours.

just my opinion but i think mick has placed a huge emphasis on injury and because of injury what teams have had to work with.  hence collingwood getting an a+ .people should toughen up and stop being so precious.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:48 PM »
So your saying then that North who finished 9th last year, who would be more than expecting to jump into the 8 this year, who were gifted the softest Draw possible have had very minimal injurys and who are currently below us on the ladder have preformed better this season than we have?
If you honestly believe they have then you have really lost the plot!

North have been belted by Sydney and Hawthorn, beaten by West Coast, bulldogs and Port  had narrow wins over Geelong (sheer fluke) Brisbane and the Gold Coast and there only two other wins were against GWS and the Gold Coast the first time they played them! I would rate that a D at best and the only reason it's not a D- is because of there fluke win over Geelong.