Author Topic: Our entry into our forward line is a JOKE!  (Read 2711 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Our entry into our forward line is a JOKE!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
Prob being a bit cute complaing about the quality of our forward thrusts played in cyclonic sleet throughout the game. We at least learnt from last week that less finesse was key through the middle, the net effect of this meant alot of throwing ball on boot. Tough day at the office, be happy with the 4 points....these conditions are generally ripe for upsets
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
Chuck attends his first ever game and starts giving the old "you werent there". :lol

classic

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
Prob being a bit cute complaing about the quality of our forward thrusts played in cyclonic sleet throughout the game. We at least learnt from last week that less finesse was key through the middle, the net effect of this meant alot of throwing ball on boot. Tough day at the office, be happy with the 4 points....these conditions are generally ripe for upsets

I thought I saw too much finessing and cuteness with little dinky bs chips and handballs in the wet today, especially in the last quarter. Personally I don't think they learnt much at all from last week, we played a weaker side and fell over the line, I'll take the 4 points but a pretty poor performance imo

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »
Damm we should of put those bastards to the sword

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
I'm not worried other than the fact that I think the mental and physical toll is starting to tell on our lesser likes.

Notice that Lids Cotch Maric Conca Tuck Rance were some of our better players today and stood up well.

Conditions have been woeful two weeks in a row but whose to say lesser opposition have not used the conditions to their advantage and made it difficult for us to get our spread.

Yes I know what you all are saying, you're all preaching to the converted but I feel this dip in performance whilst not reflective in the stats has been inevitable. Gosh me and Tony thought we were due for a downer against Hawthorn and look what hapenned there.

Whilst I have been disappointed in the last two weeks and disappointed today we should have put the new franchise to the sword looking at all the indicators lets just show some perspective.

We are 6-6 after a 1-4 start and we've had some wonderful performances over the last few months.
This was a game that last year or the year before we may have dropped. Yes lets recognise the frailties of our side and the inabilities that come with these frailties and lets how we go after the break.

I am not convinced we are a finals side I mentioned it earlier and today's performance was not one that a side who wants to play in September would be hanging their hat on but we won ugly and that's what I guess good sides do and I guess the uniqueness of both teams scoring just added to the drama and the normality of what we are used to in the past. Lets just think realistically and see what will transpire post bye but lets not focus on the last two weeks but the season thus far.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »

I thought I saw too much finessing and cuteness with little dinky bs chips and handballs in the wet today, especially in the last quarter. Personally I don't think they learnt much at all from last week, we played a weaker side and fell over the line, I'll take the 4 points but a pretty poor performance imo
Our total  possies were down 10-15percent tm, i didnt think we farted around with it too much

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »
A win is a win but seriously i  don't see the same side that scared west coast troubled geelong  and smashed hawthorn  we have lost something i am not sure what it is

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
A win is a win but seriously i  don't see the same side that scared west coast troubled geelong  and smashed hawthorn  we have lost something i am not sure what it is

The only thing thats not a constant to that period

Foley morris grimes and two bloody wet days that dont favour teams that share the ball around near 400 times a game

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
I think the answer is the conditions plain and simple. It has forced us to play a game style we are neither used to or comfortable executing. We have developed a game style that is based on clean ball use and reliant on a small number of inside midfielders winning the ball and getting it out the back of the contest to our better ball users who spread and break quickly. Wet weather football nullifies this more effectively than any defensive strategy. Wet weather football means contested football, stoppages, tackles, strength and relentless, but not clean, ball movement.

Fremantle plays a defensive style based on high numbers around stoppages and extra numbers in defense. They have strong bodied midfielders who, while not necessarily the quickest or most skilled, thrive on winning the hard ball in close. The wet weather magnified the strengths of their game plan and hindered ours.

Similarly, GWS are are high contested ball side. They have the talent to take advantage of turnovers which in wet conditions there is typically plenty. They enjoy the in and under contested play and again their game is not based on high possession and uncontested football but rather quick long kicks to contests. The wet weather again suited their game and hindered ours.

Lastly we miss Foley. More than any other players injured at the moment Foley's absence is making the biggest difference. He, Tuck and Cotchin win us the ball and get it out to the likes of Lids, Conca, Grigg and Martin.

If the weather improves for the Adelaide game we will be able to revert to our game plan but until we have the experience and strength in to our younger bodies, these type of games will hurt us and reveal our vulnerabilities.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Uh oh.

Historically the creation of threads indicates an imminent loss is brewing.... :-\
We can't lose next week.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »
I think the answer is the conditions plain and simple. It has forced us to play a game style we are neither used to or comfortable executing. We have developed a game style that is based on clean ball use and reliant on a small number of inside midfielders winning the ball and getting it out the back of the contest to our better ball users who spread and break quickly. Wet weather football nullifies this more effectively than any defensive strategy. Wet weather football means contested football, stoppages, tackles, strength and relentless, but not clean, ball movement.

Fremantle plays a defensive style based on high numbers around stoppages and extra numbers in defense. They have strong bodied midfielders who, while not necessarily the quickest or most skilled, thrive on winning the hard ball in close. The wet weather magnified the strengths of their game plan and hindered ours.

Similarly, GWS are are high contested ball side. They have the talent to take advantage of turnovers which in wet conditions there is typically plenty. They enjoy the in and under contested play and again their game is not based on high possession and uncontested football but rather quick long kicks to contests. The wet weather again suited their game and hindered ours.

Lastly we miss Foley. More than any other players injured at the moment Foley's absence is making the biggest difference. He, Tuck and Cotchin win us the ball and get it out to the likes of Lids, Conca, Grigg and Martin.

If the weather improves for the Adelaide game we will be able to revert to our game plan but until we have the experience and strength in to our younger bodies, these type of games will hurt us and reveal our vulnerabilities.

good post stripes, if we can get back the 3 missing players and everything aligns for us, we're a BIG chance against Adelaide

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

Our total  possies were down 10-15percent tm, i didnt think we farted around with it too much

350 possessions in the wet is a lot of possessions for a dry day let alone a wet day Bo

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »
JOKE!

Wow....most insightful thread starter to date....

Entry isn't the problem, capitalisation in the forward is....pathetic conversion rate too.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"