Author Topic: SHULTZ, HIS POSITON AT COBURG- ?????  (Read 2048 times)

letsgetiton!

SHULTZ, HIS POSITON AT COBURG- ?????
« on: April 22, 2005, 06:58:27 AM »
Anzac Day Game Vs. Box Hill
Coburg & Box Hill will battle it out for the inaugural ANZAC Cup in the Round 4 clash at Box Hill City Oval from 2pm on Monday, April 25 .

The Gibbs-Lines Medal will be awarded to the best player on the ground in memory of ex-servicemen & club legends Eric Lines from Coburg & Ron Gibbs from Box Hill.

Gemma Purdy from the Channel 10 Tv Show The X-Factor will sing the national anthem before the game as part of a pre-match Anzac tribute that will include The Ode, The Last Post & a minute’s silence.

Tickets for the game cost $9 for Adults and $5 for Concession with Children under 15 admitted free of charge. If you can't get along to the Game Tune into SEN116 from 12.00pm.

Coburg Tigers Squad
Backs
A.Gilmour K.Archibald S.Morrison

Half Backs
J.Houlihan K.Moore T.Jorgensen

Centre
T.Roach A. Houlihan A. Raines

Half Forwards
L.Carlson M.Rix A.Pattison

Forwards
R.Tambling J.Schultz N.Foley

Rucks
R.O'Connor D.Meyer E.Kuret

Int From
V.Randello B.Rayson D.Strachan N. Raines R.Young
J.Rimington R.Monteath L.McKinnon J.Sylvester

Our Reserves Game will be played on Sunday at Box Hill From 11.10am.

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94370

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am a bit confused as to why jay is playing in the fwd line! all preseason he was being groomed as our chb and he is lining up at ff, where he also played to the coburg reserves last week.

if they are serious about playing him as our next chb, why isnt he lining up at chb for coburg?

anyone have any ideas on this

letsgetiton!

Re: SHULTZ, HIS POSITON AT COBURG- ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:06:23 AM »
also what is A. raines doing being names on the wing when he is named on our proposed bench!
will he be dropped , i hope not he has earned his spot.

also where are limbach , polo, mcguane???????

williampowell, maybe you have some answers to my questions

Ox

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 08:14:04 AM »
Be easier to slot him back in the side as a forward.

I think he should be a forward,period.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »
Be easier to slot him back in the side as a forward.

I think he should be a forward,period.

i agree but just am confused bec if they really wanted him to play down back u would think he would play there now.

i have an opinion that tw is hapy with our defence at the moment and happy that gas is finding touch again thus wont require jay down back , maybe he will come in as a permanent full forward, allowing richo and simmonds to roam

Ox

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 08:34:18 AM »
Right on X.

Maybe Tez has said "look...he kicked kicked a bag at FF against Brissy and can take a speccy so let's put him at FF."

having watched him play in the back line I rekkon he really did not want to know about it but was following orders.

He will return as a forward.(1s)

Done underestimate Terrys Jedi mind tricks.
He's fuhken with Sheedy when it comes to that.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 08:51:36 AM »
Right on X.

Maybe Tez has said "look...he kicked kicked a bag at FF against Brissy and can take a speccy so let's put him at FF."

having watched him play in the back line I rekkon he really did not want to know about it but was following orders.

He will return as a forward.(1s)

Done underestimate Terrys Jedi mind tricks.

He's fuhken with Sheedy when it comes to that.

true, terry is up there.

something tells me gas wont play on fraser this week, i have a hunch it may be ray halls gig, i remember in sydney last year rayo hall took big bustling barry hall to the cleaners!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 08:56:55 AM »
Coburg Tigers Squad
Backs
Half Backs

Centre

Half Forwards

Forwards

Rucks

More than half our i/change bench is named for Coburg's game (refer players in bold)

also where are limbach , polo, mcguane???????

Limbach has been playing (and starring) in Coburgs reserves. Have to remember Dean didn't play much TAC cup footy in the second half of 2004 because of injury

In round 1 both Polo & McGuane were the same - Coburg reserves.

Polo & McGuane only played in spurts for the seniors in round 2 - spent alot of time on the bench. It is probably better for them to play a full game for the Burger Ressie than sitting on the bench.

As for Schulz as a forward - he may have been named there but that doesn't mean he will start there ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 09:00:03 AM »
thanx for the info wp!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 10:57:17 AM »
IMO Schulz has the X factor to be a great forward.  That is he reads the flight of the ball well, keeps his eyes on it, has a decent leap for a big man, and is a one grab mark.  To top it off is a great kick for goal.  Why would you play someone with these attributes in defence.  He struggles with mobility and accountability.

I remember watching him at Coburg early last year and he was taking Roach like pack marks.  I am really excited with Schulz as a full forward and full forward only.  He is young and should come along nicely. 

Maybe TW is thinking that playing him CHB early on will give him a further appreciation of what's required to play in the forward line.  Similar to Neitz's carreer in how he started off as CHB.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 11:07:05 AM »
You people need to relax. Have you seen the formation we submit every week on paper to the media? Its nothing like our side on matchdays. Everyone just take it easy.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »
Why the hell isn't Coburg competitive this year?
All the players in bold are either on our list, have been looked at or have been on the list.
If their not good enough to compete in the VFL (even if they are young) then whats happening?
Not enough strong bodies?

Coburg Tigers Squad
Backs

Half Backs

Centre

Half Forwards

Forwards

Rucks

Int From
V.Randello B.Rayson D.Strachan N. Raines R.Young
J.Rimington R.Monteath L.McKinnon J.Sylvester

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 03:24:21 PM »
Why the hell isn't Coburg competitive this year?

Remember they've only played 2 games.

My answer would be there are a lot of players out of form. I follow the Burgers very closely and believe me their pre-season form was very good. I went and watched them in round 2 and some of the players who were starring in the pre-season were struggling. And to be honest my interest is how our kids on our list are developing not the fact that the likes of Adam Houlihan is running around for Coburg.

Adam Houlihan always looked and looks good playing for Coburg but I can assure you all those things he didn't do when playing AFL (eg chasing, manning up etc) he still doesn't do at Coburg :banghead

If their not good enough to compete in the VFL (even if they are young) then whats happening?
Not enough strong bodies?

Again my arguement would be Coburg's played 2 games. And I was also say that you need your leaders to stand up whether it be in the AFL or the VFL. The leaders at Coburg are Carlson, Kuret (Capt), O'Connor - they especially O'Connor have not been playing well - the Richmond contingent with the exception of Morrison are kids - who the CLub see as long term projects - they need leaders around them and at the moment there doesn't seem to be enough around them

Let's look at our kids listed and there ages
Glimour - 18
Archibald - 19
Roach - 19
Raines - 18/19
Tambling - 18
Schulz - 19
Foley - 19
Meyer  - 18
Pattison - 18

We've all spoken about how they need to bulk up - it doesn't happen over 1 or 2 pre-seasons

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 03:26:26 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »
Sarge comes across as more a natural forward to me too. Still along way to go for him but that Brissy game and those leaping marks show there's something special there to work with and develop.

If Sarge does play forward for Coburg this week it may be because so far this year Coburg hasn't had anyone give them a decent tall option to kick to and they continually fall down across HF. Lumbering Ryan O'Connor and Houlihan are not the answer  :help
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd