Author Topic: Changes for the Adelaide game?  (Read 14297 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Changes for the Adelaide game?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »
kingy and nahas are similar types????...their similarities end with their height.other than that they are chalk and cheese
Please explain, both are crumbers IMO :huh

Ruanaidh

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
I would roll the dice and keep O'Hanlon in and drop Nahas. We can't afford to have Kingy and Nahas in the same side IMO. They are too similar in style.

Forwards:

Connors Griff O'Hanlon

Eddo Jack Kingy

Drop Nahas for a match at AAMI? No way.

Always kicks 3-4 goals there. Dimma won't drop him for this reason alone.
I must admit he does have good form there.

Gigantor

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »
kingy is there as a defensive forward..One of his main roles is to keep the opposition from tip toeing throught the tulips out of our forward line.Nahas is purely an attacking forward

Ruanaidh

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
kingy is there as a defensive forward..One of his main roles is to keep the opposition from tip toeing throught the tulips out of our forward line.Nahas is purely an attacking forward
I take your point but Eddo surely can fill Nahas's role. O'Hanlon and Connors offer difficult match-ups re height and versatility and are great kicks (unlike Nahas). Griff must be a better option then Miller. That leaves Kingy to fill the last (defensive) spot. 2 midget forwards is one too many IMO.

Gigantor

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
i understand the mix on our forward line is probably a work in progress..However i think theres room for both kingy and nahas and edwards also.The main problem on our forward line in my opinion anyway is CHF..we have a problem in that vicks hasnt fired at all,and miller just lacks the ability to convert given the amount of scoring chances he gets.miller also has the problem that once the ball hits the ground hes shot...I agree that griff might be an answer at CHF.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »
i understand the mix on our forward line is probably a work in progress..However i think theres room for both kingy and nahas and edwards also.The main problem on our forward line in my opinion anyway is CHF..we have a problem in that vicks hasnt fired at all,and miller just lacks the ability to convert given the amount of scoring chances he gets.miller also has the problem that once the ball hits the ground hes shot...I agree that griff might be an answer at CHF.
I reckon that the 3 small forwards will line-up against Adelaide in any case.

Gigantor

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »
the return of foley ,morris and grimes should help us out a lot....the other thing that probably does need attention is some help for maric..Dont know what others here think but to me hes begining to look tired.He does need some relief...which brings us back to vicks i guess

Ruanaidh

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
the return of foley ,morris and grimes should help us out a lot....the other thing that probably does need attention is some help for maric..Dont know what others here think but to me hes begining to look tired.He does need some relief...which brings us back to vicks i guess
I noticed that his tap-outs were a little haphazard at times today but it is a brave man who 'slags' the 'Mullet' :shh....... ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
not slagging him at all...just saying he looks tired

Ruanaidh

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
not slagging him at all...just saying he looks tired
I know.  :)....and I agree he looks tired.....in fact so am I. Goodnight all :thumbsup

Gigantor

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »
isnt momentum a funny thing? after the st kilda game we were flying.2 weeks later we seem to have had some wind taken out of our sails.This is a very even competition and its very hard  and maybe impossible to be on the boil for the whole season

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »
In.Grimes.Morris Foley
Out .45,24.7

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
I think Connors needs at least a month if only to be given the opportunity at some coach davvey promised sack sucking

;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
In.Grimes.Morris Foley
Out .45,24.7

On a dry track at AAMI against Adelaide's talls Griffiths presents another option for us in either 50.
Kid's played four games after a long lay off you are not going to drop him because the conditions haven't suited him in the last two weeks.

For me Foley, Morris, Vickery and Grimes come in.

The outs are a little harder.

Miller is a cert out and Batch would be on shaky ground had a real horror today.

The other two hmmmmmm. I could present a case for 3 or 4 on today's effort.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
Vickery had  a really good game against the crows last time i really hope he finds some  form  he is important to us  have a look at last years replay  the thing i find is next year martin vickery and conca will all improve and that will really push us into deep into september