Author Topic: Changes for the Adelaide game?  (Read 14315 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Adelaide game?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
King's attitude has always been good and although he doesn't get much of the ball what he does with the ball and what he does when he doesn't have it is generally good

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »
King will find it hard to keep his spot in the mid/long term.

I find it hard to fit king in the side for next weeks game. If everyone fit i doubt king is best 22. Might be a good sub.

The form of edwards, possible rise of connors dont help his cause.

I feel at least one of nahas/king will be forced out before long.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:12:02 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

gerkin greg

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Will be interesting to see the next team sheet

Pretty much a full squad and 2 weeks to plot the downfall of the Crows

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 07:44:04 PM »
Recon the game against Adelaide is huge for the boys. A win to keep the finals light burning is a must.
We need to pick a side purely for winning this game. But its more than picking the right side for the game, its about having a plan to beat them. Not just going in with the same old plan and hoping it works on the day.

My INS- Grimes (almost the most important player in the side for structure in the backline)
Morris (has been awesome this year with his desperation and run out of the backline)
Foley (under rated player for us, does a lot of the grunt work that doesn't always get the accolades but can get good footy also)

OUTS- Miller (just don't think he is the right bloke against the Crows, to slow and we need all forwards putting on huge forwardline pressure to stop their run out off the halfback)
Ellis (IMO along with a few others on here think he is playing scared at the moment, needs a few weeks back at Coburg playing on the ball to get some hard in and under touches. Needs to run and carry and use that great kick we first heard about and that endurance he showed through the pre season)
Batchelor (also needs some time at Coburg- went back earlier in the year, and when he got the call up again, played well. Just needs some confidence again. Also think with Grimes back and Rance and Griff in the back half, along with Dea, who i think is doing a great job back there, and Newman and Bach he may need to find another position. Could be a great lead up half forward flanker with those good hand and booming kicks)

So they are my ins and outs but the important thing for this game is to have a plan. One thing i would do is play Jack at CHF because Rutten will go to him if he plays FF and will stop him having much of an influence. I would play Dusty out of FF for most of the night, hopefully getting a mismatch and making Rutten useless.

Also would play Nahas on the wing, he seems to be able to find space there and become very creative going into the forward line.
So with Dusty at FF and Jack at CHF floating deep when he can, Kingy, Edwards would be the small forwards and i would play O'Hanlon and Conners as the lead up forwards and with O'Hanlon being a bit of the unknown could prove really valuable if he can snag a couple.
Really need to find other ways to kick goals, and stretch sides with pace or height or smarts or whatever we can. IMO we have been a way to predictable over the last few weeks.
Really looking forward to seeing how we come back after the bye and against a good side.  :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
I think Vickery may return too

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Recon the game against Adelaide is huge for the boys. A win to keep the finals light burning is a must.
We need to pick a side purely for winning this game. But its more than picking the right side for the game, its about having a plan to beat them. Not just going in with the same old plan and hoping it works on the day.

My INS- Grimes (almost the most important player in the side for structure in the backline)
Morris (has been awesome this year with his desperation and run out of the backline)
Foley (under rated player for us, does a lot of the grunt work that doesn't always get the accolades but can get good footy also)

OUTS- Miller (just don't think he is the right bloke against the Crows, to slow and we need all forwards putting on huge forwardline pressure to stop their run out off the halfback)
Ellis (IMO along with a few others on here think he is playing scared at the moment, needs a few weeks back at Coburg playing on the ball to get some hard in and under touches. Needs to run and carry and use that great kick we first heard about and that endurance he showed through the pre season)
Batchelor (also needs some time at Coburg- went back earlier in the year, and when he got the call up again, played well. Just needs some confidence again. Also think with Grimes back and Rance and Griff in the back half, along with Dea, who i think is doing a great job back there, and Newman and Bach he may need to find another position. Could be a great lead up half forward flanker with those good hand and booming kicks)

So they are my ins and outs but the important thing for this game is to have a plan. One thing i would do is play Jack at CHF because Rutten will go to him if he plays FF and will stop him having much of an influence. I would play Dusty out of FF for most of the night, hopefully getting a mismatch and making Rutten useless.

Also would play Nahas on the wing, he seems to be able to find space there and become very creative going into the forward line.
So with Dusty at FF and Jack at CHF floating deep when he can, Kingy, Edwards would be the small forwards and i would play O'Hanlon and Conners as the lead up forwards and with O'Hanlon being a bit of the unknown could prove really valuable if he can snag a couple.
Really need to find other ways to kick goals, and stretch sides with pace or height or smarts or whatever we can. IMO we have been a way to predictable over the last few weeks.
Really looking forward to seeing how we come back after the bye and against a good side.  :gotigers

I don't think a tall forward attack will win us the game either. Bring in Post and Vickery. We're wasting Posts career and a potent marking weapon down at Coburg. Bring them both in and just leave them there for the rest of the year please  ;D

the claw

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
hmm just the side i would like them to go with. know it wont happen

b/ morris - rance - grimes.
hb/ dea - griffiths - newman.
c/ grigg - martin - deledio
hf/ connors - post/elton - o'hanlon
f/ maric  - riewoldt - edwards.
r/  browne/graham - cotchin = foley
int/ tuck - ellis - conca  - houli.

ins - grimes morris  foley would be automatic selections.  post and one of brown/graham.
outs - king nahas miller, batchelor, jackson.

post/elton for miller lets say both a structural and development change.
grimes  for batchelor whos badly out of touch. also adding some much needed height  and options down back.
foley for jackson say no more.
browne/graham for king the simple expedient of going a tall for a small and allowing maric to spend significant time forward doing vickerys role.
morris for nahas. again different types but with three sml/ med forwards in the 18  theres no need for another.
to explain further. with edwards playing as a small forward and connors and ohanlon as medium forwards i certainly see no need for king or nahas. certainly not both of them anyway. nahas may be a sub option to provide run as a mid late in the game.

dwaino

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
Why on Earth would you use a game that we'll really need to chuck our best at to win, to use to 'develop' blokes? Also, King and especially Nahas have field days at AAMI.

the claw

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 11:00:43 PM »
Why on Earth would you use a game that we'll really need to chuck our best at to win, to use to 'develop' blokes? Also, King and especially Nahas have field days at AAMI.
why because development never stops.  who the hell says nahas and king are our best ffs edwards has shown em both up as a forward the last 5 weeks. connors has given more in one game as a forward than king has all yr.  robbie nahas is a vfl standard player its only blind foolish deluded richmond supporters who rate him.

as i said morris foley and grimes are walk up starts. me im aiming to win so i went graham or browne  and post to give the side some bloody decent structure and flexability  forward and in ruck .

do we really need all of ohanlon, connors, edwards nahas and king as sml/med forwards.  its not possible to play all 5,  in fact you only need one sml forward.
 so edwards is it he gets the gig over king and nahas who are really very limited ordinary players.
 ohanlon at 189 can take a grab and moves real well gives something totally different to king and nahas.he will be more than needed structurally if we only go riewoldt and god forbid vickery. and can you drop connors after his game against gws he did more than enough to get another week.

you want to beat good sides stop playing glass half fulls or too many.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:19:14 PM by the claw »

dwaino

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2012, 12:22:39 AM »
The stats of Nahas and King at AAMI says they have rippers there. You know how you carry on like a brat about depth and needing back ups and such? Well that's why we have more than two or three of these sorts of players. Love how you keep bringing up Post. You must of been too busy chatting list management with Terry during round 1 and have missed every Coburg game to see this jet in action.

But sure, alienate yourself further by just calling anyone who you think does not agree with you names. Isn't that Craw logic? It seemed like I asked a pretty normal question. Eff wit.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
I for one like Nahas and King  in the side , i love Kingy's harassment and the fact that defenders look over their shoulder wondering where the Mr MRP man is when they are sitting under the ball waiting for a mark . As for Nahas we would of not beaten St Kilda if he didn't go beserk like that in the 3rd quarter, he can break games open has great pace and nimble hands when on song .. Sure he hasn't found last years form  but neither has Dusty or T.V
Jackson should be replaced ASAP and i do agree also we should have Gus in the side ( reward for solid form in the magoos )
Do love the fact we are arguing who to squeeze into the 22
Connors is no good to the club if he turns to his old ways he needs to back up last week  or i will be on his back again 
Agree Vickery  does not deserve a go  but have seen enough last year to know he is a beauty think he is trying to be like jack last year and play with injury and he does not have Jacks impact simple needs to be 100% fit
Special mention to Conca  love his ball use and commitment F.J nailed this pick the boy is a star
Edwards is playing like a man possessed and is mouthing off and harassing defenders never saw it before this year
Ins - Grimes / Morris / Foley (if 100% fit)
Outs - Miller / Ellis / Batch
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:18:51 AM by jordie2tivendale »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »
why because development never stops.  who the hell says nahas and king are our best ffs edwards has shown em both up as a forward the last 5 weeks. connors has given more in one game as a forward than king has all yr.  robbie nahas is a vfl standard player its only blind foolish deluded richmond supporters who rate him.

as i said morris foley and grimes are walk up starts. me im aiming to win so i went graham or browne  and post to give the side some bloody decent structure and flexability  forward and in ruck .

do we really need all of ohanlon, connors, edwards nahas and king as sml/med forwards.  its not possible to play all 5,  in fact you only need one sml forward.
 so edwards is it he gets the gig over king and nahas who are really very limited ordinary players.
 ohanlon at 189 can take a grab and moves real well gives something totally different to king and nahas.he will be more than needed structurally if we only go riewoldt and god forbid vickery. and can you drop connors after his game against gws he did more than enough to get another week.

you want to beat good sides stop playing glass half fulls or too many.
Reading your posts is exhausting

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 14
Herald-Sun
June 26, 2012

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK:
The Tigers’ past two matches have been ordinary. A loss to Fremantle at home and a two-goal triumph over the Giants is nothing to cry home about. Young gun Brett O’Hanlon could be forced out after finishing with just one handball against GWS, while Brad Miller is also close to the edge after failing to hit the scoreboard.

ON THE CUSP: Dylan Grimes should be back this week and he’ll be a handy in with Adelaide’s towering forwards looming dangerous, particularly at AAMI Stadium. The rising star was in dominant form before tearing his hamstring against the Bombers. Speedster Matt White had 28 touches for Coburg in its stellar win under coaching gun Adam Potter, while swingman Luke McGuane kicked two goals to remain an outside chance of returning. White was booked in the VFL for front on contact and must beat that charge to remain eligible for a recall.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: The Tigers endured a frustrating start to the season, then went pow pow with some breathtaking footy and sliced open the Hawks before limping to the bye. Refreshed, they now face the Demons and Suns after this week’s bout with Adelaide so should turn 8-7. Then it’s the Roos and Carlton – and you can bank on those two matches setting up Richmond’s finals assault.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/footy-barometer-round-14/story-fncufbo5-1226408140395

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 02:46:13 PM »
Here's my changes/team - (slightly different set up to the traditional)

FB            Grimes      Rance       Morris

CHB    Newman    Houli     Griffiths     Dea

C             Lids            Foley          Grigg

CHF         King          Edwards       Connors

FF                  Vickery        Riewoldt

Foll    Maric     Cotch    Tuck   

Int     Nahas     Conca     Jackson      Sub: Ellis  or  if not suspended - White

Emergency   Webberley

We are setting up with an extra defender/midfielder behind the stoppages now days so that is the way I set up the team. Batchelor needs a rest imo. White and Webberley have shown good form but o'hanlon will probably retain this spot. Miller needs to make way for Vickery.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:05:29 PM by Stripes »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 14

No mention of Foley, Morris or to a lesser extent, Vickery  :P
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do