Author Topic: Richmond's VFL alignment with Coburg at breaking point (Age)  (Read 8444 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond's VFL alignment with Coburg at breaking point (Age)
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
are you saying that geelong and collingwood dont have a restriction on the number of alf listed players they can play in the vfl when playing against non aligned teams?

al, previously they had no restriction during the H&A season but did during the finals. But that may have changed since the VFL have more than double their (Cats/Pies) licence fees  ;D

But both the Cats & Pies are required to have a minimum number of "non" AFL players listed - it used to be 10 but not sure if that's still the minimum number
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
when you say they, you mean collingwood and geelong?
these two can play any number of afl listed players in any game, where as sides like coburg have a restriction on the number of afl listed player when playing non affiliated teams?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
not having a go at going alone. just asking how would having our own reserves team alleviate some of the current on field problems we have now.

ie the tall situation. believe it or not 16 talls plus is about the average number of talls on clubs lists.you need this number to properly cater to injury depth and development.
when building more than 16 is the norm.  we have three ruckmen derickx, graham and browne all playing in the one team derickx has been played everywhere but in the ruck to try to alleviate the problem. hes struggling to make matters worse we currently rotate talls back to the thirds to ensure they get a game every week and coburg is not more top heavy than it is.
you have mcguane, moore, darrou, wright and astbury all talls down back and possibly post
then you have miller post elton ohanlon and one of the ruckmen playing forward. where do you fit the mids and flankers  in. in a stand alone team you still only have 22 positions to fill.you still have this problem.

in wa the dockers and eagles are looking to have stand alone teams  but they ignore one big benefit. their players are all tied to wafl clubs  and when they play seconds they at least play in position in teams that have good balance and structure.
not sure how collingwood and geelong get around this problem any one know?

::)
By the rolly eyes you either dont understand, a not unusual thing for you,   or you dont  know.  an even more common thing with you. If you insist on acting like  a dick head  all the time one will assume you are exactly that.
What is the rolly eyes thing anyway? some childish attempt at sarcasm.

I will assume on this occasion its the former and  you dont understand what was being asked. So will ask again hopefully in a way your 10 yr old brain can comprehend.

How does having a stand alone team alleviate the current problem of playing 3 ruckmen 5 tall defenders and 4 tall forwards in the one team? 
How do collingwood and geelong get around this problem? 
How do they fit all of their talls into one reserve team and still play enough mids etc?

Geelong  have the same number of talls as us on their list,  in Collingwoods case more. Yet dont seem to have this structural problem that we have at coburg of trying to fit so many talls into one team thus not playing enough mids. thus playing pretty ordinarily most weeks.

just a few questions that i would have thought deserve a civil answer.  instead of the 10 yr old rolly eyes behavior of someone who clearly doesnt have a clue..

you know the old saying of.
its better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. sort of sums you up to a tee.

What is the point you are trying to make? RFC should not field a stand alone club due to a lack of mids on the list?

Did you ever think we will draft some more? you know, that upcomming 'superdraft'..

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Why don't all teams just have a 'reserves' and play the other AFL sides in scratch matches each weekend?

No need for a competition, just play each other over and over again.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
these two can play any number of afl listed players in any game, where as sides like coburg have a restriction on the number of afl listed player when playing non affiliated teams?

Yes - "they" means C'wood & Geelong

As I said previously they had no restriction during H&A games but had the same 12/10 rule restrictions applied during finals
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 05:30:47 PM »
not having a go at going alone. just asking how would having our own reserves team alleviate some of the current on field problems we have now.

ie the tall situation. believe it or not 16 talls plus is about the average number of talls on clubs lists.you need this number to properly cater to injury depth and development.
when building more than 16 is the norm.  we have three ruckmen derickx, graham and browne all playing in the one team derickx has been played everywhere but in the ruck to try to alleviate the problem. hes struggling to make matters worse we currently rotate talls back to the thirds to ensure they get a game every week and coburg is not more top heavy than it is.
you have mcguane, moore, darrou, wright and astbury all talls down back and possibly post
then you have miller post elton ohanlon and one of the ruckmen playing forward. where do you fit the mids and flankers  in. in a stand alone team you still only have 22 positions to fill.you still have this problem.

in wa the dockers and eagles are looking to have stand alone teams  but they ignore one big benefit. their players are all tied to wafl clubs  and when they play seconds they at least play in position in teams that have good balance and structure.
not sure how collingwood and geelong get around this problem any one know?

::)
By the rolly eyes you either dont understand, a not unusual thing for you,   or you dont  know.  an even more common thing with you. If you insist on acting like  a dick head  all the time one will assume you are exactly that.
What is the rolly eyes thing anyway? some childish attempt at sarcasm.

I will assume on this occasion its the former and  you dont understand what was being asked. So will ask again hopefully in a way your 10 yr old brain can comprehend.

How does having a stand alone team alleviate the current problem of playing 3 ruckmen 5 tall defenders and 4 tall forwards in the one team? 
How do collingwood and geelong get around this problem? 
How do they fit all of their talls into one reserve team and still play enough mids etc?

Geelong  have the same number of talls as us on their list,  in Collingwoods case more. Yet dont seem to have this structural problem that we have at coburg of trying to fit so many talls into one team thus not playing enough mids. thus playing pretty ordinarily most weeks.

just a few questions that i would have thought deserve a civil answer.  instead of the 10 yr old rolly eyes behavior of someone who clearly doesnt have a clue..

you know the old saying of.
its better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. sort of sums you up to a tee.

What is the point you are trying to make? RFC should not field a stand alone club due to a lack of mids on the list?

Did you ever think we will draft some more? you know, that upcomming 'superdraft'..
do i even bother hmm i dont know but i will..

im not making a point im asking a few questions. and my very first sentence said im not having a go at going alone. im trying to find out how collingwood and geelong get around a problem or two and all i get is childish faces and stupid questions.  if you dont understand or cant answer the questions  why be a smart arse in the first place.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
Why don't all teams just have a 'reserves' and play the other AFL sides in scratch matches each weekend?

No need for a competition, just play each other over and over again.

Who the stuff would go and watch a pointless scratch match?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
Weirdos like us who are interested in our young players' development.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
Yeah, players would develop pretty well if they were playing scratch matches every week. If you are interested in seeing our young blokes then head to Coburg you fat poo

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
Claw - if cwood geelong can do it why cant we?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:09 PM »
top post Bents. And you can add the bumbers to that list aswell because unlike our footy club they haven't chickened out as we did but cut ties with bendigo & got in early for next season as we shouldve done.
I was amazed when I found out we resigned with coburg for 3 more years
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »
top post Bents. And you can add the bumbers to that list aswell because unlike our footy club they haven't chickened out as we did but cut ties with bendigo & got in early for next season as we shouldve done.

Where's the money tree that we can just pluck the money from to have our own team up and running by next year?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »

Yes - "they" means C'wood & Geelong

As I said previously they had no restriction during H&A games but had the same 12/10 rule restrictions applied during finals
Thats just stuffed. Everyone should have the same rules

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
Perhaps essendon had both the finances and a ground to play on?
I'm glad that those running the show no longer take such a  simpleton short term view on these things that has seen us wallow in mediocrity  for so long.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
Bad luck for coburg but glad when it's over