Author Topic: Midseason Player Review  (Read 1054 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Midseason Player Review
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »
We're halfway through our season so with the bye this weekend it's as good a time as any for some reflection on how each Tiger has performed over the first 10 rounds.

1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you?

2. Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped?

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull?

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Midseason Player Review
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:16:24 AM »
1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Ivan Maric has been fantastic. Shane Edwards has improved.

Post, A.Maric, King, Nahas, Martin (has played good games but reckon he can do better),

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Derickx, Post, Greg White, Webberley, McGuane. Although the last 3 I mentioned are having a good crack. Would say Millllzay, but he seems to be in favour.

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? Graham  ;D O'Hanlon, Arnot

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Ivan Maric, Edwards after moving forward, Morris, Grimes

2. Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Vickery, Post, A. Maric

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Webberley, Post, Derickx

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? Arnot
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »

1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Morris and Edwards.

2. Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Vickery, mini Maric

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Post

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? O'Hanlon

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »
1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? I Maric, Morris, Edwards & Foley(always rated axle but last few weeks have shown how crucial he is to our midfield setup)

2. Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Vickery, Post, Jack and to a small extend Martin(12.18 shows hes close to breaking out)

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Apart from the tried, tested and failed usual suspects, Post

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? Arnott, Elton, Astbury and Post
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:47:24 PM by tony_montana »

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you?
Steven Morris

Addam Marric

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull?
Jayden Post

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season?
Andrew Browne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »
1. Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Big Ivan, Steve Morris,

2. Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Vickery by a long long way then A Maric = a dear in the headlights

3. Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Post, Webberley

4. Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? Arnott, Astbury
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Any Demon fan would have suggested that what we have seen of mini Maric Pre and Season proper is about spot on for his play.
So, in a way, none of us should be surprised that this kid has been unable to deliver on the big arena because quite simply, he isn't up to it.
And while he may have been a child prodigy, the Andre Agassi of the AFL if you will, it doesn't always translate in senior football.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.