Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide  (Read 24810 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide
« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »
While I thought there were some areas we were out coached on.

The fact remains that as soon as adel were able to shut down Cotchin and Lids for most of the 2nd qtr we fell away terribly.

Said it before will say it again we cannot afford to have our really good players not playing well. We are found wanting.

Throw in the poor decision makers not only making bad decisions but executing their skills abysmally and you have a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the reasonable decision makers butchering the ball....

And don't get me started on the lack of leadership!!!
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
Listen guys / gals

before we go off the rails & blame the players, Maybe we started great & then got out-coached in the next 3 quarters & playing on thier ground with thier crowd, l mean its not the 1st time Adelaide has come from behind in a big game.
They have been a form team prior to the Kangaroo defeat. Key injuries can affect a side. just my view from what l'm reading but until l see the replay l cant really say.  :-\

Monkey take our advice and don't watch the replay. Go bog snorkeling instead. More likely to see something you like, and far less toxic to the system.

do l take that as a insult or ?

Tigermonk

« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »
While I thought there were some areas we were out coached on.

The fact remains that as soon as adel were able to shut down Cotchin and Lids for most of the 2nd qtr we fell away terribly.

Said it before will say it again we cannot afford to have our really good players not playing well. We are food ne wanting.

Throw in the poor decision makers not only making bad decisions but executing their skills abysmally and you have a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the reasonable decision makers butchering the ball....

And don't get me started on the lack of leadership!!!

l have questioned Newman's leadership in many games this year including those games we have won. He is a main culprit of butchering the ball & his decision making at times cost many goals. Why he has never been dropped several times show our depth & quality around the club if we rely on players like him. his constant going backwards when we are in control of the game stuns me

Tigermonk

« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »
forgot to mention in that he has no respect for his opponant in ANY game & his opponants do untold damage weekly.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »
Who were his opponenets in the last few games and how did they go with this untold damage

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
Ok boys I have calmed.

Outcoached and outplayed in the last 3 quarters. That is obvious. Move on.

I will rant again about Miller. Since that game changing moment early in the second couldv've seen us to a 39 point lead a forward line that kicked 8 goals in a quarter was found bereft of confidence.

When a player does that who plays in a position like that then that hurts and we saw even players like Deledio blazing away into the fwd line and Jack never got a sniff after that. Miller is no decoy he just takes up space and clogs us up and slows us down and neither tackles or get any second or third efforts.

Look at us v Hawthorn and St Kilda, no Miller. clogging us up. Open free flowing footy.

Could the footy gods also shine on us and why are sides in the last 3 weeks kicking 12.6, 12.2 and 17.4 against us in the last 3 weeks. Can't we in a clutch game like North or Carlton in the next few weeks kick 8.18 or something. FFS.  Thats 41 goals 12 against that's around 80% conversion. Too much corridor scores against us and the arsey ones go through as well. This is the 6th game we have lost this year out of our 7 losses where we have had more or level scoring shots and the Collingwood game we had one less.

Morris played his worst game for the club today.

Rance was terrible. but Taylor Walker always seems to tear us a new ringhole.

Lids and Cotch quiet in the second half.

Did I mention Miller. Please don't ever play him again. The experiment is over play Elton a shocking Vickery is better and has more upside than a shocking Miller.

Our lower tier. Thought Connors handballing right on 3 qt time with no right foot getting us a goal but have just been a different final quarter. They didn't tire we just didn't step up and maybe just maybe we may have held on. Kingy getting injured didn't help meant we couldn't sub Miller.

The spear tackle on Morris don't get me started. Brodie Martin gave the run that Connors couldn't.

Finals chances whilst not shot are dwindling away. Would hate to lose to Carlton now given the way they are travelling but then again we played Essendon into form last year. Lets see what hapenns. Melbourne is no certainty and how much we've learnt will depend on how we play next week. Next six weeks have 50/50 written all over it some weeks.

Melbourne expect a win as with Gold Coast as Nought 50/50 as with Carlton Brisbane have the wood on them Dogs have the wood on us. Need to win a minimum of 5 to have a chance. Pressure is on them and they owe it to us but the chances are starting to dwindle.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
The team must of just switched off after quarter time. No way they should be that spent after coming off the bye.
Not good enough sadly.

True but we should be able to give more of a yelp than what we have. As you said no plan B in the forward line once Jack got held. Long bombs to out numbered contest isn't going to work.

Miller kills the confidence of a fwd line and side when dawdling into an open goal from 40 metres does an about face due to lack of confidence responsibilty and ability and kicks sideways to a player who is marked by two and doesn't even give him a chance to get it. Would rather he have  kicked it on the full having a shot than do that. Now there's your turning point. Many other reasons why we lost after that and we can elaborate on them but this one single piece of lunacy in the fwd line cost us a 39 point lead a spot in the 8 and probably the finals and gave us another close loss that until that point in time was the most furtherest thing from the mind.

tony_montana

« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2012, 12:36:10 AM »
forgot to mention in that he has no respect for his opponant in ANY game & his opponants do untold damage weekly.
:clapping opposition teams have been playing through newmans direct opponent for yrs. No accountability and gets slaughtered by opposition small fwds

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:24 AM »
We made some poor skill errors today in the 4 qtr.Houli didnt hold on to that tackle,Griffths poor read of play and Tuck also.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #369 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34:03 AM »

I believe Connors Miller and Houli should never be seen in a tiger guernsey again
They are list cloggers with limited ability
I blame Hardwick for today's loss for playing these types of players :
lumps, alcoholics and turnover kings
If B Gale was on the money he would get  Malthouse and clear out Baby face Dimmer
No other club would ever put Miller or Connors in their team but Dimmer seems to find room for them each week
How does Tabouli get in the team before Reece Lightning Conca?
Tabouli and Newman can't make tackles stick yet they get games.
We're unprofessional and we need to make Chimp Cotchin captain and get rid of all our sad recent history
A Pick 55  is captaining our club He's played 200 games and never played in a final
We are an embarrassment to ourselves let alone the football fraternity
Dimmer get fair dinkum  or get out otherwise you'll be another Spud and Terry saga
I've had enough honorable losses for three decades
These losses are really DIShonourable because you stuff it up in the selection room every time in crunch games
You're dishonest to the tiger fans and stakeholders so wipe that smile of your face and increase your professionalism because enough is enough
RFC
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Tigermonk

« Reply #371 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
Who were his opponenets in the last few games and how did they go with this untold damage

Do you watch football at all or are you stoned & cant see properly or think properly while the game is on.
watch some replays & take some notice.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #372 on: July 01, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
arnser de fookin kwestyen
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: July 01, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
The team must of just switched off after quarter time. No way they should be that spent after coming off the bye.
Not good enough sadly.

True but we should be able to give more of a yelp than what we have. As you said no plan B in the forward line once Jack got held. Long bombs to out numbered contest isn't going to work.

Miller kills the confidence of a fwd line and side when dawdling into an open goal from 40 metres does an about face due to lack of confidence responsibilty and ability and kicks sideways to a player who is marked by two and doesn't even give him a chance to get it. Would rather he have  kicked it on the full having a shot than do that. Now there's your turning point. Many other reasons why we lost after that and we can elaborate on them but this one single piece of lunacy in the fwd line cost us a 39 point lead a spot in the 8 and probably the finals and gave us another close loss that until that point in time was the most furtherest thing from the mind.

correct

Its not one single thing but his performance as a stopper is questionable, let alone leadership.

I cant see Houli and Newman playing in the same team and our club being entrenched in the 8.

1 must go
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
Well l just watched the game & here is my report.

We were simply beaten by a better team on the day. A Adelaide team which is playing where its position sits on the ladder compared to a rebuilding Richmond side who has only new facilities & are on track  of the rebuilding.

A few bad umpire mistakes but we also got away with a few. rewoldt not been payed a mark at the start of the last quarter could be costly & the tackle on Morris should has been a reversed free kick after he was caught holding the ball. Maybe a better decision would have been a ball up to make it fair.

Kingy going down when in good form maybe played a small part.

l aint blaming any players or coaching for that lose as we were simply beaten by a better side on the day & l think both teams played well & were forced into mistakes. Still must iron out our hospital kicks & handballs.

l think dropping Batchlor who would have been a better matchup on Walker could be a mistake by the selection panel.

So thats it, they closed us down in our running style & forced us to kick over the mark giving them time to push back.
l reckon that was a good game which we will learn from.

Would like to see Griffiths moved to CHF & l must say l have seen Miller kicking for goal going offline too many times this year. his failing to make the distance from 40-45 out & his decision making sometimes not good. Its time to play his contract out at Coburg.

Lets do better next week Tigers  :gotigers