Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide  (Read 24362 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Richmond vs Adelaide
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
Forgot to add the Tippet was kept fairly quite for most of the day

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »
The key to beating rutten is speed. He is very good at spoiling and one on one but is not the quickest. Adelaide is a good team. They are always hard at it. We lost to a team that is at a stage more advanced than us. That is no disgrace. The fact that we started so well and didn't win is disappointing but at least unlike sides in the past we were not thrashed. I am sure most of you remember those horrific thrashings in the early 90s I do and I will never forget them

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #392 on: July 03, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »
Dropping batch was equally as stupid as dropping conca

What adelaide player was on miller frkm the 2ndq onwards?

How was rutten on elton?

Miller was on some kid whose name escapes me

As for Elton being on Miller I know you don't want to do it because it doesn't suit your Miller bashing but Elton being left on Rutten is solely the fault of the Coach and not Brad Miller

Said somewhere that Hardwick should have either moved Miller to Ruttan or plonked Elton in the goal square and told him not venture outside the 20-30m area thereby taking ruttan out of the play.

Ruttan was way too big for Elton but I reckon the kid would have learnt alot from it though

For the last 10 mins, thought we should have thrown Griffiths forward, Grimes on Walker, Rance on Tippett and hoped like hell Griffiths could grab one. Might have made Rutten more accountable too.

l would have Millar playing VFL & Griffiths at CHF & Batchlor left in the side, we missed the Batch mongrel & he would have been the Walker matchup in my view. Selectors had it wrong. rance was falling over himself at times & was having a ugly day. You think the coach needs to make some changes during the game. Why he didn't. l like the media to ask him about some of his matchups.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #393 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »
How is Dimmer going to develop Miller?nearing 30 and a lump
Come on Dimmer no more scratched records you messed up at selection and you got the big dissection
Stop sounding like Terry and Spud and get the right guys into the team
No more Melbourne rejects from now and beyond
PS: By the way grow some strength and get into the players You're a coach not a social worker
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: July 03, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Sanderson)

Adelaide v Richmond
6 Jason Porplyzia (Adel)
5 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
5 Taylor Walker (Adel)
4 Richard Douglas (Adel)
4 Scott Thompson (Adel)
3 Brett Deledio (Rich)
2 Sam Jacobs (Adel)
1 Dustin Martin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140257/default.aspx

dwaino

« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
Just watching the AFL Insider replay. They showed we won in all key areas... except for scoring from inside 50s.

David King also showed some great behind the goal footage of the second quarter. Jack just parks himself on the half forward 50 line, while Ivan was working the ground from wing to wing. Even when the play came our side of halfway, you could see  Jack move back to the square while Miller was creating an option by leading through the 50 on the fat side.