Author Topic: KB says the Tigers saga could cost Richmond a finals berth (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1162 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kevin Bartlett says the Tigers saga could cost Richmond a finals berth

Sam Landsberger
    July 04, 2012

RICHMOND legend Kevin Bartlett says if the sleeping pill scandal costs his old side a berth in this year's finals series "people have every right to feel disappointed" in Daniel Connors and Dustin Martin.

Connors was today sacked by the Tigers while Martin was slapped with a two-match suspension after both missed a compulsory training session yesterday.

Bartlett said Richmond's loss to Adelaide last Saturday was disappointing but the Tigers had a terrific draw and could make September for the first time since Danny Frawley led the club to a preliminary final in 2001.

"The Tigers have a chance of maybe playing in the finals for the first time in a very long time," Bartlett said on SEN.

"You don’t want to give up that opportunity to be there and for Dustin Martin to get himself in a situation where it looks like he’s going to be rubbed out for a couple of games and Dan Connors … it’s very disappointing.

Connors sacked, Martin banned for two

"And no Grimes, no King, no Vickery, no Jackson – the Tigers have had a good run with injuries but it’s all falling apart at the wrong end of the season.

"These players need a good foot up the backside if they let the club down."

Bartlett added that "a lot of hard work" went into the rejuvenation at Punt Rd so it was important for the Tigers to remain stable.

Martin's two-match ban sidelines him for matches against cellar-dwellers Melbourne and Gold Coast but he will be back for the crunch Round 17 duel against North Melbourne.

The Roos clash is shaping as crucial to both side's top-eight hopes.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-bartlett-says-the-tigers-saga-could-cost-richmond-a-finals-berth/story-fnelctok-1226416971426

Ox

hard to argue with Father Richmond.

Tigermonk

l doubt we will win another game with all our injuries, suspensions, sackings & walkabouts

gerkin greg

l doubt we will win another game with all our injuries, suspensions, sackings & walkabouts

:fishing

dwaino

I'm over what happened today now, time to start thinking about footy again. I just feel really bummed for blokes like Cotchin, Maric and Deledio. They bleed for the club every week, and just when they're starting to arm wrestle the club through some genuine improvement, some have to come along, act like morons and put some speed bumps down.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
A very fair call. You can include Tuck in that list. Guys like Tuck, Cotchin, Lids and Maric are trying their hardest but are being let down by the actions of others.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Good opportunity to test the depth of the list for next year in my opinion  :gotigers

Jackstar is back again

I'm over what happened today now, time to start thinking about footy again. I just feel really bummed for blokes like Cotchin, Maric and Deledio. They bleed for the club every week, and just when they're starting to arm wrestle the club through some genuine improvement, some have to come along, act like morons and put some speed bumps down.

Great post

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Back to footy, let's walk the walk against the Deez Saturday.
SMASH the living bejesus out of them or it all counts for jack  :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

Back to footy, concentrate on the next two weeks, win them keep up in the race for the eight and take the next block of games against Nought and Carlton to keep our finals race alive.