Author Topic: Park em Up  (Read 5749 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Park em Up
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »
Righto same as last year, hopes were high and although not over yet the fat lady is tuning the cords!

So we have Foley, King, Grimes and a few others injured or in rehab or playing with niggles etc...

Do we keep playing them like we did last year with Jack or do we do what GC or is it GWS have done with their players and park them up for ops and a fresh preseason?

I will say what I said last year, don't want anything to do with 9th on the ladder. If we can't play finals we may as well sort out the injured players and finish as low as possible for the draft picks... Not tanking of course!!!

Go ahead..... Attack ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

Re: Park em Up
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
So do what we just did with Vickery this week?  :wallywink

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
So do what we just did with Vickery this week?  :wallywink

Yep but don't wait as long, do you honestly think he hasn't been carrying a shoulder injury for most of the year..... Just like there was nothing wrong with Jack last year but oh surprise, he needed 5 ops at the end of season... :wallywink :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
 :huh  and what did we do with Grimes?

gerkin greg

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
 :wallywink

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
Considering we're not even close to being out of he finals race the idea sounds very Melbourne esk to me. We should at least wait until we have absolutely no chance..

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »
Would love to meet PNGWAT face to face  :wallywink

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »
Very premature this thread. We win this week we are in the 8, with Gold Coast next week.

I don't think we have anyone injured playing at the moment though so not sure anyone qualifies to the 'Jack' scenario of last year.

In any case, if we finish 9th, we finish 9th. I don't care anymore about that rubbish, let's win as many as we can and build on the winning mentality our side is starting to create. We haven't been blown out of the water in any game this year, I think since Round 1, we haven't lost any other game by more than 20 points. I stand to be corrected if we have?

Point to all that is, we finally have a team that never throws in the towel, so as supporters, we should adapt the same mentality.  :gotigers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
Classic case of premature threadulation

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »
Classic case of premature threadulation
:lol
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
That's ok, let's wait for another two weeks... We still won't make the 8 anyway so the threads not early...finish 14th would be a good result.... Or lower... Good to see there are still some big fish to be caught without dipping a line... :lol

"Rucks:

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
That's ok, let's wait for another two weeks... We still won't make the 8 anyway so the threads not early...finish 14th would be a good result.... Or lower... Good to see there are still some big fish to be caught without dipping a line... :lol
Have some faith pal, we will finish top 8.  :thumbsup

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »

geez giving up the ghost already.

disappointing to say the least. :lol

Ruanaidh

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
If we make the eight now it will mean that some of the youngsters have really 'stood-up'. That.......would be an achievement and more.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
We wont make the eight  but we had 8 and a half wins last year and got flogged a few times
This year anymore than 9  and   thats progress..
Will be happy with about 11 ( i think  is where we  will end with ) but i am  more than interested as to see how the side responds  to the off field crap hope they go out and crush the hot and colds  and  give Mc Kenna a headache in Cairns