Author Topic: Coburg ressies vs Williamstown - Sun. July 8  (Read 2886 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg ressies vs Williamstown - Sun. July 8
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
No Coburg seniors this weekend but the development squad is playing on Sunday.

AFL Victoria Development League Round 15

Williamstown (13-0, 1st) vs Coburg Tigers (7-4, 3rd)

Sunday, 8th July @ Burbank Oval, Williamstown

Time: 11:00 am

Interesting to see if any RFC boys will get a run just for match fitness.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg ressies vs Williamstown - Sun. July 8
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
No wonder we don't have any depth, the seniors only seem to play about 3 matches a season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg ressies squad vs Williamstown
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:35:36 PM »
Coburg Tigers Development Squad

B:   Uysal  McErlain  Bamblett
HB: Tanner Astbury Wright
C:  Brandt  Jordan Arnot
HF: Simon Sortino Turner
F:  Price    Hore    N.Maric
R: Dimartino Thomas Rayson
Int: Iudica, Egglestone, Linton, Robinson, Easton, Barrack, Robertella, Younan, Hogan

Ruanaidh

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
It's just around the corner so I'll be going for at least the first half.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »
Dustin Martin should be playing in this team.

A bit of humility will stand him in good stead for his future improvement in both playing performance and attitude.

If he can't handle it, the goodnight Dusty, because it will prove that he can't handle the heat of AFL.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »
Dustin Martin should be playing in this team.

A bit of humility will stand him in good stead for his future improvement in both playing performance and attitude.

If he can't handle it, the goodnight Dusty, because it will prove that he can't handle the heat of AFL.

Not sure he gets the choice Ekto, pretty sure he is suspended from the club as a whole, meaning training, Coburg, Punt Rd etc etc.  I might be wrong but that was my take on it.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »

Not sure he gets the choice Ekto, pretty sure he is suspended from the club as a whole, meaning training, Coburg, Punt Rd etc etc.  I might be wrong but that was my take on it.
Yes Smokey, I know he won't be playing, but would you rather have a weekend off, with some training requirements, or be humiliated and have to play for Coburg Ressies?

Would you rather have Dusty rest for two weeks and come back with a loss of match fitness or play two games at the lower level and maintain his fitness while kicking him up the backside?

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
50 touches and 8 goals in the ressies would be worth getting there early for ewww  :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »

Yes Smokey, I know he won't be playing, but would you rather have a weekend off, with some training requirements, or be humiliated and have to play for Coburg Ressies?

Would you rather have Dusty rest for two weeks and come back with a loss of match fitness or play two games at the lower level and maintain his fitness while kicking him up the backside?

Yeah, agree with you, I just thought you were saying it as factual, not hypothetical.   My bad.  :thumbsup

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
50 touches and 8 goals in the ressies would be worth getting there early for ewww  :cheers
Sure would if he could get his mind around playing footy and not bullying kids.

And that would be what he should be challenged to do.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Yeah, agree with you, I just thought you were saying it as factual, not hypothetical.   My bad.  :thumbsup
Cheers Smokey.  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

Personally I'd prefer to play at a lower level than not play at all. People who genuinely love playing the game hate sitting on the sidelines.

As for the match fitness side, at this time of year you dont loose too much in two weeks, but it will be up to dusty to train and maintain his fitness by himself. How he responds to this will give a good indication of his character and desire to make amends.

It's probably all moot anyway. my suspicion is that they cannot take someone straight from afl to vfl ressies ( seniors having the bye could come in to play, as well), otherwise i reckon elton would have been playing for the ressies this weekend.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 11:38:50 PM »
So who tears Astbury a new one this week. :outtahere

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
Any news on this game?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
So who tears Astbury a new one this week. :outtahere

Cheap shots are not something we tolerate here. As a coach you should know better. Disappointed.  >:(