Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160176 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »

not sold on chaplin, he is half , no a 1/4 of the player he was a few yrs back, and he is not a big body at all, just another third tall at best , looked only slightly taller than goddard, post is bigger than chaplin i reckon

Post is 195cm and 95kg

Chaplin is 195cm and 100kg

:cheers

post still has plenty of scope to fill out more get stronger, the best of chaplin has gone, he wont get bigger

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane twitter

"AFL has formally received Free Agent paperwork for T Chaplin (restricted) and Q Lynch (unrest.). "

I wonder if this means Chaplin is a Tiger?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »

"AFL has formally received Free Agent paperwork for T Chaplin (restricted) and Q Lynch (unrest.). "

No I take it to mean that they have paperwork of the tiger offer and we are his preferred club but now we wait until Kochie says Port won't be matching it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »

No I take it to mean that they have paperwork of the tiger offer and we are his preferred club but now we wait until Kochie says Port won't be matching it

Has Cameron been appointed Coach yet?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »

Not officially to my knowledge but it's a done deal he'll be their coach next year.

ps. thanks WP.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »

Not officially to my knowledge but it's a done deal he'll be their coach next year.

ps. thanks WP.

According to the HS his appointment has been thrown into doubt.

LEON Cameron's path to Port Adelaide has been upset by AFL novice Greater Western Sydney chasing the Hawthorn assistant coach.

Cameron met the Giants today to fill the vacancy as senior assistant and ultimate successor to senior coach Kevin Sheedy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/port-adelaide-plan-to-appoint-leon-cameron-as-coach-thrown-into-doubt-by-gws/story-e6frf9jf-1226486829321

gerkin greg

« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2012, 08:38:02 PM »
Take the job on offer Leon

Sheedy will have to be carried out in a bag

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
Take the job on offer Leon

Sheedy will have to be carried out in a bag

Yep one by one Sheeds will burn everyone  in assistant coaches until GWS have no option but to
sack him.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
Kochie is all over the paperwork. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #324 on: October 03, 2012, 04:18:18 AM »
In a cat-and-mouse with Richmond,  Port Adelaide is considering matching Richmond’s offer of a three-year deal with a conditional fourth year, for restricted free agent Troy Chaplin. The Power had 72hours from when the contract was tabled on Monday to decide whether to match the terms.

In the event that a club matches the contract terms of a rival club for a restricted free agent, that player has the choice to stay at his club or go in the national draft.

Most observers from rival clubs believe Port is unlikely to match Richmond’s offer given the Power is also pursuing Monfries, Jordan Russell and possibly others. Port is also weighing up whether to match Fremantle’s offer for former Rising Star winner Danyle Pearce, who has received a substantial offer to join the Dockers.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/st-kildas-turn-to-go-shopping-20121002-26xgg.html#ixzz28APse9MI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
post still has plenty of scope to fill out more get stronger, the best of chaplin has gone, he wont get bigger

Post is slow as treacle and has no heart. No matter how much older/stronger he gets that won't change.
Keep talking him up though, hopefully someone bites.

dwaino

« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »
In a cat-and-mouse with Richmond,  Port Adelaide is considering matching Richmond’s offer of a three-year deal with a conditional fourth year, for restricted free agent Troy Chaplin. The Power had 72hours from when the contract was tabled on Monday to decide whether to match the terms.

In the event that a club matches the contract terms of a rival club for a restricted free agent, that player has the choice to stay at his club or go in the national draft.

Most observers from rival clubs believe Port is unlikely to match Richmond’s offer given the Power is also pursuing Monfries, Jordan Russell and possibly others. Port is also weighing up whether to match Fremantle’s offer for former Rising Star winner Danyle Pearce, who has received a substantial offer to join the Dockers.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/st-kildas-turn-to-go-shopping-20121002-26xgg.html#ixzz28APse9MI

What's the point of bloating your salary cap with blokes who are committing to other clubs?  ::)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
If they do match Chaplin, it would appear there must be some bitter blood between the two clubs.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »
"Cat and mouse".  Yeah, like we're going to be panicked into a stupid action by a club that has no hold on a player who has already left them (in soul, if not body yet). The paperwork has already been lodged dipschitts.  Ante up or shut up.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2012, 08:29:51 AM »
don't see the point in Port's tactics