Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160194 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:21 AM »
now to get 100 games for us under the belt...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #616 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
Chaplin stands tall
richmondfc.com.au
Monday, May 27, 2013

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick praised the efforts of experienced key defender Troy Chaplin in last Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash with Essendon.

Chaplin was one of the few positives to emerge from the Tigers’ 29-point loss, picking up 22 disposals and taking a game-high 13 marks under constant pressure.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-27/chaplin-stands-tall

Ruanaidh

« Reply #617 on: May 27, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
Chappy and Rance were the only highlights of the game IMO.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #618 on: May 30, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
Chaplin finally pain-free and loving life as a Tiger
By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Thursday, May 30, 2013

TROY CHAPLIN is finally playing pain-free, having reached a positive point in the management of his troublesome knee.

The 27-year-old Richmond defender had surgery on his knee after round 20 last season while he was still at Port Adelaide.

It was the operation and the predicted long-term view of how his knee would recover that saw the Power opt not to match the Tigers' four-year contract offer, which allowed Chaplin to move to Punt Road as a restricted free agent.

After a frustrating pre-season when his recovery kept him from training fully well into the New Year, Chaplin believes he's turned a corner after the operation to relieve bone-on-bone soreness.

"It's actually progressed really well," Chaplin said.

"Through February and March I was a little bit concerned because the group is training and you're only doing little bits here and there.

"The medical staff and fitness staff have been fantastic and seen real improvements.

"I'm pain-free from about round four or five now, so it's been fantastic but it's something I'm just going to have to monitor for the rest of my career.

"They're aware of that and they've told me that even if it is feeling good, early in the week I'm not training, they've just said we'll pull you back even though you feel really good."

Chaplin has played every game for the Tigers this season bar the round five clash with Fremantle, which he missed with calf soreness.

He admitted it was hard to cope with being told to back off training, especially when he felt his body was strong.

"That's probably something that frustrates me a little bit but something I'm just going to have to deal with," he said.

"This is my 10th year in the AFL, I don't need to overtrain now – I'm becoming one of the older boys so I'm not complaining too much."

Chaplin also said he was enjoying a slightly different role to the one he played at the Power.

"I'm playing a bit more of a team role and playing on guys now. At Port Adelaide, I played more of a loose man in defence [role]," he said.

"I'm relishing the jobs now and no doubt I'll get another one this week.

"It's been a long road but to start to get a little bit of form in the last few weeks has been good."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-30/chaplin-finally-painfree

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #619 on: May 30, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »
Been a good pick up. Cost us bugger all.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »
Thought he good defensively but gee wizz I rather Rance kicking it than him.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #621 on: June 22, 2013, 10:16:45 PM »
Nothing confirmed yet but Doc Larkins thinks it could be a repeat of the same problem Chaplin had with his knee when he arrived at the Club and needed arthroscopes on.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #622 on: June 22, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Was walking, finger crossed  :pray :pray
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: June 22, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »
Nothing confirmed yet but Doc Larkins thinks it could be a repeat of the same problem Chaplin had with his knee when he arrived at the Club and needed arthroscopes on.

Could have been an expensive win, OE.  Astbury with a hammy and Chaplin with a knee and a tall Saints forward line next week.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »
Was walking, finger crossed  :pray :pray
He looked shattered.
The club that keeps giving.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #625 on: June 22, 2013, 10:22:46 PM »
Dimma just said they think Chappy will be okay. There's no structural damage but we'll do scans during the week to make sure everything is alright.

dwaino

« Reply #626 on: June 22, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
Didn't look like he could put weight on it when he left the ground but seemed to walk unimpeded after the game. Fingers crossed.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #627 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
Didn't look like he could put weight on it when he left the ground but seemed to walk unimpeded after the game. Fingers crossed.
d

When's the meter updated Dwaino??
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

dwaino

« Reply #628 on: June 22, 2013, 10:46:56 PM »
d

When's the meter updated Dwaino??

Probably this week. Was hoping we'd blow out the score last week in junk time so I was disappointed  ;D

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
AFL Website saying Chappy, ankle??