Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160165 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #750 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »
If you play rance/grimes/Astbury then McBean can slot in as the 4th not needing to be large

But overall I agree - if we are not going to play Darrou or mcintosh in place or troy WGAF Chaplin - then Elton would be the obvious choice. More so when Astbury and Griffiths have been moved from their natural forwards positions toay / learn defence

Elton might be a player. Chaplin is not

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #751 on: April 15, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
In Rance. Out Chaplin.
 :pray

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #752 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:29 AM »
In Rance. Out Chaplin.
 :pray

Astbury or grimes will get the ass  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: April 16, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
McGuane to kick 5 on him?

Offline The_Truth

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #754 on: April 16, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
In terrible form, he'll be feeling the heat.

Rampstar

« Reply #755 on: April 16, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
Can people please not use the word "wacko" to describe players. I have spent way too much time in hospital in the past and the number of kids suffering from forms of physical disability and getting around on crutches struggling is one of the saddest things youd ever see, in light of this Id ask us all in all seriousness to refrain from such descriptions of people.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #756 on: April 16, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »
How does calling a football player "wacko" relate to kids on crutches?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: April 16, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Yep, it's a fair call Ramps but not sure "wacko" is linked to kids with a disability.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #758 on: April 16, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
im not sure about others but personally i dont look at mcintosh as a kpd maybe third tall because he can defend and is accountable. what i see in mcintosh is a hard running tall hb think birchall or mackie. thing is kamdyn can play defensively tall if need be. personally i think when and if kamdyn shows enough to get a game we would be looking at him to do the role petterd did or take houlis spot.
thing is kamdyn hasnt shown much at all to warrant a game.

on chaplin lets be serious here. wishful thinking wont fix our problems. we dont actually have a replacement for chapman until rance comes back and i can tell ya rancer will be jst as bad if asked to take on and stop the big guys 1v1. what i find sad is the fact there is no one else on the list outside a struggling rookie in darrou.
brisbane have named 5 players who are all 190cm and  can all play at the least as a third tall defender .yeah they are missing some tall defenders but they sure as hell have some kids to try in those players stead.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: April 16, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
im not sure about others but personally i dont look at mcintosh as a kpd maybe third tall because he can defend and is accountable. what i see in mcintosh is a hard running tall hb think birchall or mackie. thing is kamdyn can play defensively tall if need be. personally i think when and if kamdyn shows enough to get a game we would be looking at him to do the role petterd did or take houlis spot.

on chaplin lets be serious here. wishful thinking wont fix our problems. we dont actually have a replacement for chapman until rance comes back and i can tell ya rancer will be jst as bad if asked to take on and stop the big guys 1v1. what i find sad is the fact there is no one else on the list outside a struggling rookie in darrou.
brisbane have named 5 players who are all 190cm and  can all play at the least as a third tall defender .yeah they are missing some tall defenders but they sure as hell have some kids to try in those players stead.

Yep-  said we badly need a genuine big KPD - as bad as Chaplin's been if he goes down we're even more stuffed.

...and Darrou's not "struggling"....far from it. He's more your Gibson/back pocket type though, not a fullback or CHB.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

the claw

« Reply #760 on: April 16, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »

Yep-  said we badly need a genuine big KPD - as bad as Chaplin's been if he goes down we're even more stuffed.

...and Darrou's not "struggling"....far from it. He's more your Gibson/back pocket type though, not a fullback or CHB.
what chance of darrou being promoted permanently.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: April 16, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »

About as much as Collingwood's coach…...

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #762 on: April 16, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
I'm glad we are paying 400k for a KP lose man in defence who is clogging up a list spot.

Backline should be

KP: Grimes, Rance, Astubry
HB Runner: Houli, Batchelor (Needs to slim down and get back to his long running and racking left shoe that got him drafted in the top 30.)
Small Defenders: Morris, In need of another small defender and stop wasting Vlastiun there.

Get rid of Chaplin, over paid goat
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: April 16, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »

Every chance if the club has half a brain which we both know it doesn't so probably none....hell we delisted Pat Contin who was clearly a better user of the ball than half our current first 22. Either way, you said he was "struggling" which implies he's not playing well and that's simply not the case.

- Thomas Sowell

the claw

« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »

Every chance if the club has half a brain which we both know it doesn't so probably none....hell we delisted Pat Contin who was clearly a better user of the ball than half our current first 22. Either way, you said he was "struggling" which implies he's not playing well and that's simply not the case.
thanks and perhaps i needed to phrase some things a bit better. ben is in yr 3 and if he cant break into the list proper and play some games id say hes gonski. not mny clubs hang onto rookies for 3 yrs without playing some senior footy.