Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160187 times)

Rampstar

Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #765 on: April 20, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »
Yep, it's a fair call Ramps but not sure "wacko" is linked to kids with a disability.

It was another word that starts with "Spas..." that got filtered and changed  to wacko.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:03 AM »
Would love to see Batchelor come in For Chaplin this week as his form this year has been deplorable to say the least. Astbury takes Hale, Grimes takes Gunston, Batchelor takes Roughead and coming off his best game for the club, Petterd comes in as the third man up to help out...played this role well last week so lets see how he goes against the best.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: April 23, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »
Would love to see Batchelor come in For Chaplin this week as his form this year has been deplorable to say the least. Astbury takes Hale, Grimes takes Gunston, Batchelor takes Roughead and coming off his best game for the club, Petterd comes in as the third man up to help out...played this role well last week so lets see how he goes against the best.
Ex Port player who is a Hardwick favourite, can't see him being dropped, does need a rocket though, seems almost disinterested on the field and as stated some of his non efforts have been very poor, it's like having another Vickery in defence.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »
To be fair he was a fair bit better against the Lions and played his best game of the season.
Think he was matched on McGuane for a lot of the night and well we all saw what he delivered (or didn't).
Luke is no world beater but hopefully Chaplin's form is on the up because he is an important player for us.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #769 on: April 23, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

so would I , if not then he should come in for Grimes who's just plodding along
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
Chaplin always plays well on roughead.

tony_montana

« Reply #771 on: April 23, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »

good call  :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #772 on: April 23, 2014, 01:29:15 PM »

As does Ty Zantuck

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: April 23, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Yep, it's a fair call Ramps but not sure "wacko" is linked to kids with a disability.

It was another word that starts with "Spas..." that got filtered and changed  to wacko.

Fair call, didn't realise that.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #774 on: April 23, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »
surely we all saw the folly of playing blokes way smaller than quality opponents in the cheney hawkins matchup. we would be staring down a similar barrell with batchelor on roughy.
jack gunston would be a better match up for batchelor but ffs he cant go with the likes of gunston.
i struggle to see good matchups  for batchelor at afl level lack of height and size against big blokes and lack of pace and agilty against small blokes.

Gigantor

« Reply #775 on: April 23, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »
Me I don't reckon batch has earned a recall yet from what I have seen,would prefer to stick with the current crop of gumbies.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
surely we all saw the folly of playing blokes way smaller than quality opponents in the cheney hawkins matchup. we would be staring down a similar barrell with batchelor on roughy.
jack gunston would be a better match up for batchelor but ffs he cant go with the likes of gunston.
i struggle to see good matchups  for batchelor at afl level lack of height and size against big blokes and lack of pace and agilty against small blokes.

Good points Claw and I agree that Batchelor struggles with key forwards however, I see Jake going with Roughead when he plays up the ground and when he goes to the goal square, that is when a re-shuffle can take place with Grimes of Astbury. Given Chaplins lack of everything this year, Jake could provide valuable run from defence and some much needed hardness. It is a little risky but I think he still has plenty to offer.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #777 on: April 24, 2014, 06:41:19 PM »
I think Bacthelor's only hope is to become a KPD. He ain't agile enough to play on smalls, never will be. He may, however, become strong enough to punch above his weight like Gibson or Tross.
I think the club has realized this and are developing him accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:47:24 PM by Willy »

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #778 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:50 PM »
Hope he doesn't get pantsed on Sunday. More importantly I hope he doesn't do those double fisted punches in place of taking a mark.

tony_montana

« Reply #779 on: April 24, 2014, 07:59:17 PM »
I think Bacthelor's only hope is to become a KPD. He ain't agile enough to play on smalls, never will be. He may, however, become strong enough to punch above his weight like Gibson or Tross.
I think the club has realized this and are developing him accordingly.

Problem with that is he was already slow and lumbering, stocking up has given him the turning circle of the titanic and cant jump over a jam tin, whereas Gibbo is athletic .