Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160980 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
Each game is worth noting . We got a mal Michael but don't know it cause of a bloke that moves like a boat and isn't too interested. Not helping rance or Grimes

the claw

« Reply #901 on: July 08, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
some blokes have such glareing weaknesses do we really need to see em play in the ones to acknowledge thay arent anywhere good enough.

i reckon if supporters paid more attention to player weaknesses there would be less disappointment and insistence that they get games.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #902 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
some blokes have such glareing weaknesses do we really need to see em play in the ones to acknowledge thay arent anywhere good enough.

i reckon if supporters paid more attention to player weaknesses there would be less disappointment and insistence that they get games.

At this stage of the season they still need to to be given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to see what they're made of at AFL level. Who knows, some might surprise, either way it beats continuing to play the same blokes that we already know for certain aren't good enough for the seniors because we watch them stink it up in the seniors every week and have for years.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #903 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

Why have 45 on a list?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #904 on: July 08, 2014, 10:44:48 PM »

Why have 45 on a list?
your right. take it further though, why have people recruiting players with such glaring deficiencies????.
we have 45  because we should be able to find a decent proportion of players who meet basic criteria. only at richmond we havent yet worked this out.

the claw

« Reply #905 on: July 08, 2014, 10:46:36 PM »

At this stage of the season they still need to to be given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to see what they're made of at AFL level. Who knows, some might surprise, either way it beats continuing to play the same blokes that we already know for certain aren't good enough for the seniors because we watch them stink it up in the seniors every week and have for years.
doesnt matter what stage of the season, if they dont have the attributes to succeed why play em.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »
Credit where credit is due..
I wanted to run this bloke out of town during our horrific start to the year.

He has been solid over the past month.

Unleash the tornado

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »
Good post Matt,  I'd add that he needed to stand up earlier in the year when it counted - particularly when Rance was injured.
Guess it shows up his limitations which makes his leadership credentials dubious to say the least. :-\
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2014, 07:39:30 PM »
Rance makes him look better than what he is

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #909 on: August 09, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
Chaplin on 3aw:

* I think the catalyst was the other Essendon game earlier in the year. We had a stern meeting. We were more open and honest with each other. After that we played good football.

* I think Jake Carlisle tested Newmans patience by calling him really, really old.

* Playing on Joe Daniher last night who is a bit inexperienced gave me a chance to drop off a few times and help out Rance.

Gigantor

« Reply #910 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
Reckon he's been excellent for  about 10 weeks now

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #911 on: August 09, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
I'd argue rance has been excellent.

Chaplin since the rance return has been less shyte.

I'd swap him for thatvguy hardwick said was winning the b and f

I do wonder what the powers to be rate as the best backline if everyone was fit.
Grimes is leadership group so must be rated highly
Astbury apparently winnig the b and f
Rance is clearly a level above the rest
Would they play all four?

Nondount the powers to be love Chaplin. Credit to houli for being less squibby recently

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #912 on: August 09, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #913 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »

Thought his second half last night was top notch. :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #914 on: August 09, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »
Made Daniher look like an ever bigger pale, pimply gimp when standing next to him.