Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160181 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #1095 on: February 22, 2016, 06:13:10 PM »
McBean is ready and should be given a decent run of matches to prove himself, not just the odd one here & there....
I think he needs to add contested marking to his game but he is the closest to making a go of it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1096 on: February 22, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
McBean is ready and should be given a decent run of matches to prove himself, not just the odd one here & there....
I think he needs to add contested marking to his game but he is the closest to making a go of it.
Let's be honest, we would all love McBean to add contested marking to his game but IMO he is never going to be that sort of player. His assets are his ability to get on a lead to take it out in front of him. And his agility when the ball hits the ground against opponents of the same size. And his kicking.
I also think because of the style of game we play he will struggle to contribute as much as he might in a side that moved the ball quickly into the forwardline.
It a massive problem IMO our negative game plan entering our forwardline. And the only way that will change is if the coach changes because he has been doing the same thing the entire time he has been at the club.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1097 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
griff
200cm

mcbean

chol

elton

astbury

moore

broad

list blocker extraordinaire

Like the head of a pimple. Just need to squeeze to unblock and release the good stuff
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1098 on: February 22, 2016, 09:32:00 PM »
Let's be honest, we would all love McBean to add contested marking to his game but IMO he is never going to be that sort of player. His assets are his ability to get on a lead to take it out in front of him. And his agility when the ball hits the ground against opponents of the same size. And his kicking.
I also think because of the style of game we play he will struggle to contribute as much as he might in a side that moved the ball quickly into the forwardline.
It a massive problem IMO our negative game plan entering our forwardline. And the only way that will change is if the coach changes because he has been doing the same thing the entire time he has been at the club.
The problem is we play the Hawthorn gameplay without the Hawthorn skills or at least with a much more stagnant ball movement. Lockett, Dunstall and Ablett would all struggle in our forward line. We played our best football when we played the North style last year. Fast movement into the forward 50m directly and not giving the opposition backs to outnumber our forwards. Also, not aiming for the pockets where it is impossible to kick a goal might help. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
I am comfortably satisfied McBean would be handy as a backline player or swing mark
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1100 on: February 24, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »
I suspect Chaplin will actually make a good forward alongside Jack and Ty. If he plays 20-odd games down forward I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks 30+ goals.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1101 on: February 24, 2016, 11:05:11 AM »
Oh my god
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1102 on: February 24, 2016, 12:25:07 PM »
Didn't say I want him in the 22 - if I had my way we would have swooped on at least two KPP's over the off-season but we didn't. But we all know Hardwick will not drop Chaplin so TBH I'd be happy to see him play F50 instead of D50.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1103 on: February 24, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »
Chappy turned 30 yesterday  :birthday.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1104 on: February 24, 2016, 01:01:17 PM »
I suspect Chaplin will actually make a good forward alongside Jack and Ty. If he plays 20-odd games down forward I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks 30+ goals.

Like a hairy version of Luke Mcguane.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1105 on: February 24, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »

Like a hairy version of Luke Mcguane.

Liked McGuane. Limited ability, big effort player, like Kingy.

He played 21 games as a forward for us from 2012-2013 and kicked 35-20.

If a bloke is your third tall behind Jack and Ty and he bags 35 goals/year I think that's a win.

And consider how cheap McGuane probably was for us, whereas Chaplin was paid big $$$ to come over from Adelaide.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1106 on: February 24, 2016, 01:22:55 PM »
I thought McGuane looked much better as a forward than a defender.
Had a real purple patch for us ( as the third tall )where his numbers stack up well.

It was the right decision to delist him though at the end of 2013 .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1107 on: February 24, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
Mcgaune was not über soft

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1108 on: February 27, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »
Amazing how slow Chappy is

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1109 on: February 27, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
Chaplin SHOULD NOT be playing Round 1!

HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!