Author Topic: Did Dimma and his crew get it wrong in the box the last few minutes???  (Read 3721 times)

Ruanaidh

its not just this game.look at the past month..we nearly got beaten by greater western sydney too
Late News: RFC players supposedly mistook Dimma's gesticulations in the last minute as crass 'Cheerleading'. They ignored him accordingly.

Gigantor

its not just this game.look at the past month..we nearly got beaten by greater western sydney too
Late News: RFC players supposedly mistook Dimma's gesticulations in the last minute as crass 'Cheerleading'. They ignored him accordingly.
LOL thats funny

10 FLAGS

its comedy capers. the axe must come out this week and afew of the players should get capuanoed. 

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
well replay shows

Our midfield at the last bounce had 6 GC players vrs

Graham
Conca
Grigg
Lids

I still cant fathom how Cotch, arguably the best player in the league and our future captain was on the pine

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
There were so many fundamental mistakes in the last few minutes it was a team effort to throw it away.

Failure to control possession. Players rushing disposal and turning it over (eg: Tuck's defensive clearance goes straight back from where it came to a Suns' player)
[Gold Coast goal]
Derickx drops simple mark.
Rance gets baulked by Harbrow (didn't watch the hips)
[Gold Coast goal]
Not manning up at the last centre bounce.
Not getting numbers behind the ball.
Grigg's kick smothered after taking first possession from Gus' tap.
Deledio in the centre circle fumbles the ball to his right towards the Suns mids who then bomb it forward (even if Lids had fumbled it to his left side he would've had help from Cotch? to the left of Lids)
Spoil in pack goes short, front and square; not defensively away towards the boundary.
Rance's fist mis-hits the ball so it barely goes 5m allowing Matera to gather on the boundary.
4 Tigers get attracted towards Matera on the boundary allowing space behind them in the corridor.
Mids/forwards don't push back allowing space in the corridor defensive 50.
[Gold Coast winning goal]

Those last few minutes of stupidity should be shown to the team on repeat in the ME Bank Centre for the rest of the season and through the preseason. Watching it back in the Monday review won't be pretty for plenty of them. Mind you if we turned up to play before half-time we wouldn't have been in a position to throw the game away  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ruanaidh

Deledio in the centre circle fumbles the ball to his right towards the Suns mids who then bomb it forward (even if Lids had fumbled it to his left side he would've had help from Cotch? to the left of Lids)

It was Conca. Unbelievably, Cotch was sitting on the pine.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

It was Conca. Unbelievably, Cotch was sitting on the pine.
Ta. I would guess we thought being 10 points up with 30 secs to go we didn't need Cotch. To bad without him and Newy copping a whack to the head we lacked other leaders to stand up and control the side out there. You shouldn't need a coach or runner to tell you to get behind the ball and pick up any loose men when there's less than 30secs to go. You learnt that when you were a kid! Just as you learnt as a kid to not overpossess the footy especially by hand in the wet which we didn't have a clue about either against Freo and GWS. These things should be automatic. We still have too many dumb players on our list and most of the usual suspects played on the weekend thanks to all our outs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
As i just posted on another thread he was on the boundary barking instructions (I was sitting near the interchange area) but to many players were panicking. Have to say not having Newman down back in those last few minutes hurt big time.

Anyway Dimma was telling then to slow it down but too many of them just lacked the composure and nouse to follow the most basic instructions it seems

Some rare common sense among the chaos.

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
I think there were a few other factors that contributed to the loss:
 - team selections (selected injured players)
 - Injuries during the game - Newman, Rance, Batchelor
 - Communications - it took too long to get players back
 - Use of sub - could have used another running midfielder and still don't know why Webberley was subbed off?

tony_montana

I think there were a few other factors that contributed to the loss:
 - team selections (selected injured players)
 - Injuries during the game - Newman, Rance, Batchelor
 - Communications - it took too long to get players back
 - Use of sub - could have used another running midfielder and still don't know why Webberley was subbed off?

bc he was running around like a headless chook and was a liability out there

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

bc he was running around like a headless chook and was a liability out there

That's a nice way of putting it

He was disgraceful, pathetic and played like he didn't give a poo, which makes it worse seeing he was playing for his career.

After Saturday night it makes you wonder how he got a contract over a few others who got the chop at the end of 2011  :banghead :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
DimSims laptop broke down be easy on him. He was in the lap of the Gods
You couldn't write a better script to an ending of a movie than his last minutes of meltdown
He needs a better computer techie
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni