Author Topic: Brent Moloney  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brent Moloney
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:14 AM »
Maloney will be 29 in January and 29 throughout the 2013 campaign

Sylvia is still 26 and will turn 27 in the off season, will be 27 throughout the entire 2013 campaign

dunno why you are trying to make it out as if its the same thing, 2 years is a bit of a difference

Yep kind of shoots holes in any argument claw is trying to make there.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »
Chris knights.

Struggling to get a decent run of games at Adelaide and he's a Victorian.

A  mid / forward with muscles.  :thumbsup

he'd be cheap too.

He would want o be cheap to, has pee poor disposal. Would give him the benefit of the doubt because of his bad run of injury that he can improove on it but with is injury history and his disposal he would be a big risk IMO.
it was mentioned by the commentators during the adelaide game that his disposal efficiency is running in the mid 50s this year.
yeah, would want to come dirt cheap if he kept that up.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
Chris knights.

Struggling to get a decent run of games at Adelaide and he's a Victorian.

A  mid / forward with muscles.  :thumbsup

he'd be cheap too.

He would want o be cheap to, has pee poor disposal. Would give him the benefit of the doubt because of his bad run of injury that he can improove on it but with is injury history and his disposal he would be a big risk IMO.
it was mentioned by the commentators during the adelaide game that his disposal efficiency is running in the mid 50s this year.
yeah, would want to come dirt cheap if he kept that up.

Bit harsh calling Brad Miller dirt mate.

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
Good honest player but too old to consider for a midfielder
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:27:27 AM by Big Papa Bear »

the claw

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
Maloney will be 29 in January and 29 throughout the 2013 campaign

Sylvia is still 26 and will turn 27 in the off season, will be 27 throughout the entire 2013 campaign

dunno why you are trying to make it out as if its the same thing, 2 years is a bit of a difference
8/11/85. seeing as i sauid the age they would turn next yr that date says sylvia will be 28 in november. molomney turns 29 january.

as far as im concerned 27 28 30 they are all getting on and are short term.  my preference would be moloney as a player.  but would not have a problem if we went after sylvia if he cost little..  moloney will cost nothing and sylvia will.

unlike most on here i have no problems in taking mature players who are proven. the only criteria i put on it is that every yr we cater to the long term with decent picks.
caddy at10 is long term.
two kids in the nd at around pick 30/35 is targeting both decent quality and long term solutions.

unlike most age at the right price is no problem i think it folly to overlook an oppottunity to upgrade players on your list.

the only time a player who improves your list  is too old to take is if hes crap, or you ignore the long term in doing it.

ive had this debate before. only about 1 in 6 rookies make it. we put at least two yrs into them some times more  and at the end of the day we dont even get a game out of them. its a similar thing with late nd and  kids taken in the psd. there is nothing wrong with giving mature state league and older players from other clubs a go its actually a better option than taking a shedload of 18 yr old rookies.
there are only so many options ways to get players into your system why on earth would you want to ignore one of them. rcriting is not just about 18 yr olds. its about improving your list at every opportunity weather that be a 18yo 24 yo or 29 yo.

james podsiadly was 28 29 when taken would he have been to old nope. was cuz or leon cameron at age 28.

getting brent maloney and cutting say jackson nahas white or any number of hacks  would be an immediate upgrade.

we bemoan the lack of  up to standard mids and depth in this area,  we bemoan the loss of just one inside mid like foley. and say no foley no wins yet want to ignore a cheap solution. the lack of older experienced players is a big reason why we cant make finals and theres nuff nuffs who insist we should.
if supporters want finals next yr they had damn well better hope we address some glaring holes in the list with mature players because quite frankly taking 18 yr olds wont do it they only really come into it 3 or 4 yrs down the track.

a player like moloney and a few others  would immediately improve depth in the midfield and give us a chance to make finals right now. do people really think we can make finals by recruiting a bunch of skinny kids   we dont have enough mids as it is. to make finals in the short term you need both short med and long term solutions. with the long term the major consideration.

brent maloney would immediately improve our list and be a part of our 22  any one who thinks other wise is kidding themselves.  he would very much be a short term solution  where we would hopefully get 2 or 3 yrs maybe more out of him.  he would cost nothing more than a psd pick or a token late nd pick to melbourne because of his age and the fact he is going to walk or it seems that way. yes hes a short term solution but as long as we take our share of kids does that really matter.

most wanted tuck out the door lol.  at 31 should we hang onto him? geez 31 he musnt have anything to offer anymore get him the hell out too old lol.

finally im not saying moloney is a superstar but he is a good solid inside player how many of them do we have.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
Seriously why are we wasting time on mediocre players to bring into the club?
Let's go for the throat, if we gonna pour money into the FTF to build with freeagency and OOC players. Let's go after players like buddy franklin. Let's talk serious dollars here and get serious benefits from getting big name players who can provide. Improved onfield performance, improved membership 15k plus easy, improved sponsorship partnering...  :shh

Imagine a tigers lineup with buddy in dreamtime crushing the bombres by 60pts  :birthday Hirdy
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
Seriously why are we wasting time on mediocre players to bring into the club?
Let's go for the throat, if we gonna pour money into the FTF to build with freeagency and OOC players. Let's go after players like buddy franklin. Let's talk serious dollars here and get serious benefits from getting big name players who can provide. Improved onfield performance, improved membership 15k plus easy, improved sponsorship partnering...  :shh

Imagine a tigers lineup with buddy in dreamtime crushing the bombres by 60pts  :birthday Hirdy

Imagine if we had only overlooked Tambling :whistle