Author Topic: Jack Ziebell - Thug or what?  (Read 3301 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jack Ziebell - Thug or what?
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »
Does anybody else think North are a pack of whingers and Jack Ziebell is a thug who did an aerial run through on the carlscum bloke.  I reckon he was lucky to get 4 weeks.

Its been amazing the support for Ziebell "His Eye was on the ball", "Its a man's game"  all the usual rubbish.

His right arm was tucked in, his knee was raised clearly he wasn't only going for the mark.

dwaino

Re: Jack Ziebell - Thug or what?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
Six weeks ago we wouldn't have heard a peep. Ziebell probably wouldn't have even done it. Whenever these nothings string a few wins together, everyone from the club to the players to all 10 supporters come out swinging like they're bigger than the game. Once they lose a few again they'll be back down the ways of irrelevance.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »
I hate Nought with a passion. A nothing footy club that had no hesitation to give the AFL the med report on Adams but felt aggrieved Carlton gave the AFL Joseph's report.

However if that was a marking contest and Ziebell maks it he is a courageous player.
I honestly thought the kid was hard done by. It was by no means blatant like the Riewoldt one late last year. I thought this was a farce. If Joseph gets up, what happens? No penalty. Accidental. Of course it is.
Rather than looking for players like Judd who bring the game into disrepute Adrian Anderson is the one who should be vilified for bringing the game into disrepute.

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »

However if that was a marking contest and Ziebell maks it he is a courageous player.
I honestly thought the kid was hard done by. It was by no means blatant like the Riewoldt one late last year. I thought this was a farce. If Joseph gets up, what happens? No penalty. Accidental. Of course it is.

Honestly that was my initial reaction too, Tucker. But then during the week I jumped on Youtube and looked at his hit on Riewoldt in real time, then I looked at his Joseph hit in real time, and then I looked at Wellingham's hit on Simpson in real time. And as dirty as it makes me feel I can understand the AFL's angle. If you impact front on you're asking for trouble. If you leave the ground you're flirting with the devil.

*shrug*

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
What I don't get is that no one is saying how unrealistic a marking attempt it was.  Which coach teaches players to go for a mark with your good arm tucked in ready for a collision.  The conclusion I make is he wasn't trying to mark it, he was running through the guy on the air.  Seems clear to me it was illegal.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
Pack of whingers honestly
Have been listening to them ring up on SEN all week and complain, and actually there have been a number of them ring up and complain about a daniel jacksons tackle on boomer harvey like 3-4 years ago (I don't recall it) that's the extent to which they complain.

I don't care how we win, I just want to rub it in their face... Poor "tough lil aussie battlers" or so they whinge about. Maybe we should whinge and complain about the draw as much as they do

Pathetic club, prostitute club, rabble club. 3 home grounds what a joke. ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Everyone knew the new interpretation since the start of the year about it being the player who is charging's responsibility to avoid head high contact. IIRC it was a (hospital) handpass that lead to the incident so North couldn't argue Ziebell was going for a marking contest. Like I said in another thread, North fans whinged and cried about Conca's bump in the NAB Cup which was even less of an impact than Ziebell's so karma is sweet :yep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »
with a name like Ziebell he should
be ring master in a circus.

then aagain North is run by
a clown.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:24 PM »
Everyone knew the new interpretation since the start of the year about it being the player who is charging's responsibility to avoid head high contact. IIRC it was a (hospital) handpass that lead to the incident so North couldn't argue Ziebell was going for a marking contest. Like I said in another thread, North fans whinged and cried about Conca's bump in the NAB Cup which was even less of an impact than Ziebell's so karma is sweet :yep.

Spot on MT, I haven't forgotten either how they whinged about the Conca bump. Now, when the situation suits them Scott gets on his high horse about how you're taught to go hard at the ball, how it's bad for the game and blah, blah, blah. Sanctimonious hypocrites. No sympathy. I hope we smash ém on Sunday.   

Ox

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »
stuff we hate north

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »
stuff we hate north

Hopefully your not sitting near me, ill give em an earful... May even get boomer to climb over the boundary fence and come after me  :shh just joking , but seriously yes we despise nort, nothing, north of anything but. Maybe they can relocate to ballarat and be renamed the " cryle castle kangaroos" they could bring out the animals at halftime and their supporters could feast on the feces with toast.

Jees I'm sick haha
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:10 PM »
They brought out the elephant onto the ground at Arden St in 1978.

They were a circus then and they are a gypsy circus now.

The Refuse Roos. Playing home games in a country town near you.

Here's their 2013 membership slogan.

If you want excretement then we're your team.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

Spot on MT, I haven't forgotten either how they whinged about the Conca bump. Now, when the situation suits them Scott gets on his high horse about how you're taught to go hard at the ball, how it's bad for the game and blah, blah, blah. Sanctimonious hypocrites. No sympathy. I hope we smash ém on Sunday.   
i agree fully with you on this rolls, but i would hate to see a richmond bloke get rubbed out like that. he had his eyes on the ball the whole time.
in this case though, its a little bit of what goes around comes around.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
Due to break his legs soon.

Offline charliesmith1921

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Guess you guys are eating your words now with the way North are playing?