Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 435023 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
Just throw the skunks vfl side in the old RFC possum poo infested rooms

:clapping
Their fans can sit in pigeon poo grandstand too, the million dollar upgrade should be reserved for us.
Richmond needs $1m hey. How about playing 3 finals next year, they might find there's a bit of change left over as well. 

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:19 PM »
They will always ask for money. That's how they get by. After Punt Rd it will be something else seriously...

RFC members should continue to get in for free you'd hope.

Rampstar

« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2013, 11:11:49 PM »
How about they also cut 10% of everybodys salary at Punt Road who is on say $80,000 and above in the administrative ranks. I betchas they wouldnt do it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2013, 06:53:34 AM »
They should have just put on a $15 levy for 1 year on all memberships across the board. That would just about have covered it. 70,000 members x $15 levy = $1,050,000. I dont like the begging look that this campaign has just increase the price of memberships by $15 and be done with it.

Is that $15 on top of the increase they've already added to 2014 memberships? And would it also be on top of the 110% FTF campaign they are running with this years membership drive?

Here's a way out there idea, instead of going to memebers/supporters and relying on the FTF to be a major souce of income year after year why doesn't the club look to other and develop other revenue sources/streams, instead flocking back to the same "well" that will eventually dry up  ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:25:38 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:01 AM »
They should have just put on a $15 levy for 1 year on all memberships across the board. That would just about have covered it. 70,000 members x $15 levy = $1,050,000. I dont like the begging look that this campaign has just increase the price of memberships by $15 and be done with it.
One of your most notable suggestions ramp, they may or may not have made it compulsory however that would have been a much better way to market the funding as in a 15/20 dollar punt rd levy
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Rampstar

« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »

Is that $15 on top of the increase they've already added to 2014 memberships? And would it also be on top of the 110% FTF campaign they are running with this years membership drive?

Here's a way out there idea, instead of going to memebers/supporters and relying on the FTF to major souce of income year after year why doesn't the club look to other and develop other revenue sources, instead flocking back to the same "well" that will eventually dry up  ;D

It would have been on top of the normal membership increase (added as a levy) and it would have been in place as a replacement measure for the 110% campaign which just sounds like a begging job.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
It would have been on top of the normal membership increase (added as a levy) and it would have been in place as a replacement measure for the 110% campaign which just sounds like a begging job.

But with your idea Ramps, you are not giving folks an option, you are forcing people to pay for something they shouldn't have to fork out for if they don't want or cannot afford to.

Personally I wouldn't be happy paying it and don't believe I should - more than prepared to take the whacks that will come my way for saying it too.

Just reckon I deserve the choice. Because based on what I pay for memberships which is alot and the fact that I buy 4 extra memberships with reserve seats (which is bascially a donation to the club) on top of my IS packages I don't think I should have to pay some levy.

At least this 110% campaign they are running gives me and others the choice. 

Just my take

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

But with your idea Ramps, you are not giving folks an option, you are forcing people to pay for something they shouldn't have to fork out for if they don't want or cannot afford to.

In the same vein, I went online to renew my membership and was given two options for future payments:
1) committed tiger monthly payment or
2) committed tiger annual payment.

I added a message to say I was not happy that the club had presumed I would renew my membership.
While I have continued to buy a membership for over ten years, I hate the idea that the club has decided I will be a committed member in the future.
It's my bloody money and I want to decide how I spend it in the future.
I have just got an email telling me that those are the only two options for online renewal and if I don't want to commit for the future I can renew over the phone.
IMO a very arrogant way to treat members who are renewing, surely it's not that hard to keep the future committment part as an option.   

the claw

« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
i always believed we should develop pro to hold 30 40k and play sides like gws,gcs,freo,  p/a and maybe melb, nm wb, at the ground. you know low crowd pullers. pipe dream i know but i always felt that way. we have too many members and pull to many people to our games nowdays to make it viable i think.

would be great if the ground became a top notch boutique stadium in time. perhaps we could hire it out and make some money out of it, geez melb v gws would not look so empty as it would if played at the mcg. or  nm v gcs or dogs v freo etc  etc etc.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
stuff that shyte only rfc at pro

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:56 PM »
So, how are we looking for round 1?

Bachelor - Darrou - Dea
Pettard - Astbury - McIntosh
Grigg - Helbig - Williams
Ohanlon - Elton - Mcdonough
A.Edwards - Griffiths - G.Simon
Orren - #11 -  Arnot
#46 #64 #82
PSD

by jingos. Might as well give the Richmond VFL the flag now.  :clapping
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:37:54 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »

Bachelor - Darrou - Dea
Griffiths - A.Edwards - G.Simon
Orren - #11 -  Arnot
#46 #64 #82
PSD

Pick 11 will be lucky to get a game for our reserves reserves.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »

Bachelor - Darrou - Dea
A.Edwards - Griffiths - G.Simon
Orren - #11 -  Arnot
#46 #64 #82
PSD

Then there's the 20 or so VFL specific players we are signing.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
can you confirm there will be no Richmond VFL reserves side?

If so - and assuming we have a good run with injury, these 20 or so VFL specific players we are signing. are going to have boring weekends i imagine?

I can only assume the like of Gideon Simon, OHanlon, Williams etc. will be selected for the VFL side ahead of VFL specific player given these following comments

Richo and Tim Clarke discuss VFL

Matthew Richardson sits down with VFL coach Tim Clarke gain an insight into the plans for Richmond's standalone VFL side for 2014.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-10-31/richo-and-tim-clarke-discuss-vfl

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Richo: What are the benefits of having our own VFL side?

Clarke: Having more control and not feeling guilty we are taking players off at half-time or playing a player that might not be ready for senior VFL. A good story is Gideon Simon this year; our PNG kid. If we had our own VFL side this year, he would've played each week. It's just too hard a sell to a Coburg that he needs to play VFL because he's a "Richmond" player. It's pretty hard on the Coburg-listed guys. Now we'll be able to play whoever we want in our side.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
can you confirm there will be no Richmond VFL reserves side?

If so - and assuming we have a good run with injury, these 20 or so VFL specific players we are signing. are going to have boring weekends i imagine?

Bents these questions have already been answered a number of times

We will have a VFL side only

Stand alone AFL sides fielding a side in the VFL (eg Pies, Cats, Bombers) dont filed a side in the VFL Reserves (now called development league)

Left over VFL Only listed players will play for their locall team in district competitions eg EDFL etc

That's what Geelong et all has been doing for years

I can only assume the like of Gideon Simon, OHanlon, Williams etc. will be selected for the VFL side ahead of VFL specific player given these following comments

Again that is a given, all our AFL players will play and the number of VFL listed players selected will be determined by our injury list at the time.