Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436803 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »

The most important thing the club has done in the last ten years.

Our own VFL team is the last piece of the puzzle.

We should knight Benny Gale.
 :cheers

No!

We should Knight the supporters who have given the $$$ to make it possible, they deserve the kudos

It is all about money with you, anybody would think you're an accountant.

:lol

;D

But seriously, people can have grand plans but unless the members & supporters buy into it, fork out their hard earned $$ then the plan remains grand but not much else

;)

That might work for those with more 'regal' sounding names like Sir William but how about Sir Fluffy or Sir Brackets or Sir Gerks or Sir Claw?  Not really going to be a headline for them is it!  At least we won't have to worry about Sir '65 because he will reject his knighthood on political grounds.   ;D

:lol :lol

I'd prefer and Order of Australia myself  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »
If u said Richmond would have 40000 members before Xmas , in 2009, it would be acceptable.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #422 on: December 05, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »

The most important thing the club has done in the last ten years.

Our own VFL team is the last piece of the puzzle.

We should knight Benny Gale.
 :cheers

No!

We should Knight the supporters who have given the $$$ to make it possible, they deserve the kudos

It is all about money with you, anybody would think you're an accountant.

:lol

Are accountants tight arses ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: December 05, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
Are accountants tight arses ?

Not all of them

This one certaily isn't

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: December 05, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #425 on: December 05, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »
Reckon that's a pretty mean assessment of the work the RFC hierarchy has done.

Yes some (not insignificant amount) of the money has come from members, but there's a hell of a lot of other work that has gone / is going on to ensure that the money is well spent and the football club is a success.

Yes it's their job and yes they will be well paid for it, but we have all seen what happens when you have an administration that is not on the same page and the plan is not a good one, compromised or non existent. 30 years of crap results and a club in the wilderness.

Credit where credit is due. Vision and execution is the most important part of any plan. Money might make it possible but you can have any amount of money and still end up with nothing in the end. peeing money up against the wall is the easiest thing in the world. The people are the number one most important part.

Money enables but it is not creative and does not guarantee success.

Just be grateful that we have people in charge at the moment who seem to care about what happens to your precious money enough to ensure it is well spent.

Credit where credit is due.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #426 on: December 05, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »

Yes some (not insignificant amount) of the money has come from members, but there's a hell of a lot of other work that has gone / is going on to ensure that the money is well spent and the football club is a success.

Yes it's their job and yes they will be well paid for it, but we have all seen what happens when you have an administration that is not on the same page and the plan is not a good one, compromised or non existent. 30 years of crap results and a club in the wilderness.

Credit where credit is due. Vision and execution is the most important part of any plan. Money might make it possible but you can have any amount of money and still end up with nothing in the end. peeing money up against the wall is the easiest thing in the world. The people are the number one most important part.

Just be grateful that we have people in charge at the moment who seem to care about what happens to your precious money enough to ensure it is well spent.

I don't think I was or I am being mean. Actually think you have missed my point. I'm not exactly sure why the comment re "your precious money" and how it's been spent.  :-\

I have given the current board & management team massive kudos for what they have achieved. Granted have given them a few whacks when I reckon it's been warranted along the way

I know the amount of work that goes into running a business as well as running a footy club. I am not disputing it for one second.

The FTF has been a huge success in part becuase the vision for it was clearly defined and executed = people bought into it. Even if the vision (read length of its tenure) has changed dare I say it dramatically since its launch.

Clearly by articulating the vision it got people on board to support it. The Club got the monies and the club has stuck to the plan of which the results & benefits are clear for everyone to see.

However, I just get frustrated at times when people spruik that Benny Gale is the reason we now have all these things; achieved all these things. He isn't the sole reason and that's my point.

Yes Benny has been a huge driving force but to say or suggest he is the sole reason is IMHO a slap in the face to a lot of people. Firstly to the Board who have backed him. The executive team that he has around him who've worked tirelessly to do all the little things that we don't even think about let alone worry about.

And finally the members and supporters who as I said earlier bought into the vision and have given massive amounts of $$$ to make this all a reality. As I said in a earlier post if they hadn't of the vision would still be just that a vision

So yes credit where credit is due but let's just make sure the credit is evenly spread to all who have made it possible not just one or a few

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #427 on: December 05, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
Paul Amy ‏@PaulAmy375

Port Melb coach Gary Ayres confirms ace wingman Nathan Batsanis will play for Richmond in 2014. Another fine signing for the VFL Tigers
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #428 on: December 05, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »

I don't think I was or I am being mean. Actually think you have missed my point. I'm not exactly sure why the comment re "your precious money" and how it's been spent.  :-\

I have given the current board & management team massive kudos for what they have achieved. Granted have given them a few whacks when I reckon it's been warranted along the way

I know the amount of work that goes into running a business as well as running a footy club. I am not disputing it for one second.

The FTF has been a huge success in part because the vision for it was clearly defined and executed = people bought into it. Even if the vision (read length of its tenure) has changed dare I say it dramatically since its launch.

Clearly by articulating the vision it got people on board to support it. The Club got the monies and the club has stuck to the plan of which the results & benefits are clear for everyone to see.

However, I just get frustrated at times when people spruik that Benny Gale is the reason we now have all these things; achieved all these things. He isn't the sole reason and that's my point.

Yes Benny has been a huge driving force but to say or suggest he is the sole reason is IMHO a slap in the face to a lot of people. Firstly to the Board who have backed him. The executive team that he has around him who've worked tirelessly to do all the little things that we don't even think about let alone worry about.

And finally the members and supporters who as I said earlier bought into the vision and have given massive amounts of $$$ to make this all a reality. As I said in a earlier post if they hadn't of the vision would still be just that a vision

So yes credit where credit is due but let's just make sure the credit is evenly spread to all who have made it possible not just one or a few

Yes, fair enough about the "precious money" comment. It wasn't directed at you, it was supposed to be a more general comment but was poorly expressed. I find money frustrating and it's annoying the importance that's placed on it. I find it slightly obscene but that's a philosophical position. Money is central to life and the way things work. I should have left out "precious", it's not adding to my point just confusing things. The "your" is supposed to be collective but the context is poor. Sorry.

It was where you said

No!

That prompted my post.

I was surprised with the strength of the response and felt it robbed people like Gale of any praise for a job well done. I recognise your later posts where you state your position more clearly.

I actually don't think the kudos should go to the supporters. We want a successful team, someone has to pay and it has to be us because no one else will. Money enables it does not create.

Yes good on us but supplying the money is a small part and we should benefit from it. People rarely give money without expecting some sort of return.

The people with the plan and who see it through are the ones who deserve the majority of the praise. I have a great deal of respect for  ideas people, backers not so much. Necessary evil. (No I am not saying supporters are evil. :) )

But that's my opinion and I understand why others might think otherwise.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: December 05, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
Thirty years wandering in the desert and still we need a messiah.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Max Bailey may play for Richmond's stand-alone VFL side (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #430 on: December 05, 2013, 08:57:42 PM »
Hawks' premiership ruckman Max Bailey may play for Richmond's stand-alone VFL side

Daryl Timms
    December 05, 2013 6:30PM

HAWTHORN premiership player Max Bailey has not ruled out playing some games next season for Richmond's new stand-alone VFL side.

Bailey, who was dogged with knee injuries at the Hawks, announced his retirement soon after the Grand Final victory against Fremantle and signed with the Tigers as a development coach.

After having three knee reconstructions, Bailey indicated at Richmond's Tommy Hafey Club function this week he could play some games this season.

But it would depend on whether the 27-year-old's troublesome knees could withstand the rigours of the game.

"My knees might have a say in it," Bailey said.

Another of Richmond's new development coaches, former St Kilda and Gold Coast player Andrew McQualter, will play in the Tigers VFL team.

The coach will be Tim Clarke, who played 96 games for the Hawks from 2001-2008.

The VFL Tigers have also announced the signing of former Melbourne player Aaron Davey, who retired at the end of the season after 178 games and 174 goals.

As well as playing for the Tigers, Davey, 30, will have a role with Richmond's Korin Gamadji Institute.

"I'm excited for the opportunity to have a bit of a run around with the boys, but also play a coaching and mentoring role to some of these younger guys coming through, and more in particular, the indigenous guys," Davey told Richmond's website"

"I've got passion and desire to have a kick around of the footy, and I'm looking forward to wearing the yellow and black."

Davey said he was excited about being part of Richmond's first stand-alone team in the VFL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-premiership-ruckman-max-bailey-may-play-for-richmonds-standalone-vfl-side/story-fndv8t7m-1226776254848

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #431 on: December 05, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
" the indigenous guys" shane edwards  :huh

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: December 05, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »
Bloody Hawthorn guys everywhere  :huh

the claw

« Reply #433 on: December 05, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
gotta agree.
the whole idea of a footy club is to win premierships.  if and when we win something other than usually beating up on injury riddled or poor sides and actually win a premiership maybe then just maybe we can applaud what they have done.
in the mean time we have have achieved stuff all and some of us worry we are treading water.

yes acknowledge the good work and improvement that has occured  but we are not the lone rangers here.like a lot of other clubs that sort of improvement is expected.

cmon people for just once in the last 30 odd yrs lets demand we achive something before we start annointing people with saint hoods.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #434 on: December 05, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »
gotta agree.
the whole idea of a footy club is to win premierships.  if and when we win something other than usually beating up on injury riddled or poor sides and actually win a premiership maybe then just maybe we can applaud what they have done.
in the mean time we have have achieved stuff all and some of us worry we are treading water.

yes acknowledge the good work and improvement that has occured  but we are not the lone rangers here.like a lot of other clubs that sort of improvement is expected.

cmon people for just once in the last 30 odd yrs lets demand we achive something before we start annointing people with saint hoods.