Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436709 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #570 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:29 AM »
Max Bailey's "The X-Factor"? Surely they meant he's "An Ex-Factor"....

I'm told he won't play, so he'll be an x-factor from the coaches box.

How's the redevelopment going? Is it complete ?

Not complete yet, still on track for VFL Round 3 I believe.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #571 on: March 24, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
Max Bailey's "The X-Factor"? Surely they meant he's "An Ex-Factor"....

I'm told he won't play, so he'll be an x-factor from the coaches box.

How's the redevelopment going? Is it complete ?

Not complete yet, still on track for VFL Round 3 I believe.

:thumbsup would be nice to get a summary of exactly what has been done when it's finished
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
ressies arent going too well and just thought id bump this.
we have 20 vfl listed players and they are all sort of copping it.
i look at the players we took to help our kids and im still scratching my head.

11 of the 20 are smalls
just 3 talls  and there were wasnt many juniors just 2 or 3.
why didnt we target more big bodied medium sized mids and one otr two more big bodied kpps to lead from the front.

why is aaron davey even there not playing and im wondering about mcqualter as well.did we take conca because of the family connection.

bloody hell the side that played against williamstown would have had something like  9 or 10 smls in it. king, foley, miles, mcdonough, young, mcqualter, batsanis, mccartney, mcgough,even banfield plays as a small fwd. can we really go that small and be competetive. to play so many smls they need to be very quick and highly skilled are they.
i dunno it just seems as if most things arent right when it comes to the ressies.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond hails first season in VFL a success (Melbourne Leader)
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »
Richmond hails first season in VFL a success after breaking away from Coburg

Chris Cavanagh
    Melbourne Leader
    August 05, 2014 11:43AM

RICHMOND  coach Tim Clarke has hailed the club’s first season as a stand-alone VFL side a success despite not getting the on-field results­ the club had been looking for.

As the Tigers head into the final three rounds of the season, Clarke said the move to break away from an alignment with Coburg was already­ paying dividends.

“We’ve set up a really good environment there for our staff and players and it’s been terrific for our supporters to come and watch games before senior Richmond games,” Clarke said.

“It’s provided a really good avenue development-wise for guys to go up and play in our senior side in roles that they’re going to go up and play for our senior team.

“So in all those areas it’s ticked the box. We started the season really slowly, which hurt our chances of playing finals.

“We’ve ticked a lot of boxes that we set out to achieve at the start of the year. However, I’d be lying if I said we’d be happy with how our performances have gone against different sides throughout the year.”

The development of AFL-listed players was the No. 1 priority for Richmond this season and Clarke said that area had run smoothly.

Full-back Ben Darrou has been one of the standouts for the Tigers, while Brad Helbig has been able to shake off injury woes of recent years to string together a consistent season off half-back.

Clarke said he still rated Orren Stephenson as the best ruckman in the VFL, while Brett O’Hanlon had blossomed in a role on the wing.

High draft picks of the past two years – forwards Liam McBean and Ben Lennon – had also shown good signs, Clarke saying last year’s No. 12 selection Lennon had been given a chance to show his talents in various positions around the ground.

“He started off as a back, he then got moved forward and has played a bit through the midfield and on the wing,” he said.

“When you’re super talented like he is you kind of get thrown around a bit but he’s going to be a terrific player.”

Richmond fell to Sandringham in its Round 17 match on Saturday by 13 points, ending any hope of playing finals this season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/central/richmond-hails-first-season-in-vfl-a-success-after-breaking-away-from-coburg/story-fngnvmox-1227013884620

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond hails first season in VFL a success (Melbourne Leader)
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
More on the RFC website ...

VFL program a win despite Tigers missing finals berth
John Lindon 
August 5, 2014

“It’s disappointing for the people involved in the VFL program that we don’t make finals,” Clarke told Roar Vision, “but we’re here to develop our players and we’re here to have a program that allows us to develop them.”

“Some of the guys that have gone up and played senior footy this year, we’ve been able to prepare them in positions that they’re going to play in and been able to give them an environment where they can play and they’re confident and they enjoy their football and that’s had a massive tick from my point of view.”

Clarke confirmed that in-form Matt McDonough, who booted three goals against the Zebras, will continue to spend time up forward ....

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-08-05/vfl-program-a-win-despite-tigers-missing-finals-berth

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
There you go its all good in the ressies

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »
It's a win because we aren't associated with Phil cleary.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #577 on: August 06, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
hooray for 12th
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #578 on: September 26, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »
Richmond has named its VFL Best and Fairest award in recognition of one of the most prominent father-son combinations in the Club’s history – Dan and Paddy Guinane.

The inaugural Guinane Medal will be presented at next Tuesday (September 30) night’s 2014 Jack Dyer Medal function to be held at Crown Ca-sino.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-09-26/guinane-medal-for-vfl-tigers-best

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #579 on: September 26, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »
Is RFC going to enter a development side , there  were rumors earlier  :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #580 on: September 26, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »
knew i had some debates here just like to say development went real well this yr didnt it ::). so many debates about this set up but in looking back  im still asking the same questions.
i dont really expect any different responses so few are big enough to admit they are wrong here.

heaps of vets heaps of the wrong types no balancing out the reserves list, no eye on the future, no winning games, apparently that doesnt count, and definately very little development, its hilarious.what a failure the stand alone team has been to date.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #581 on: September 26, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »
Yeah development was woeful  ::)we turned a delisted GWS player into a machine chalking up 7 brownlow votes in his first 10 games with us after some fine tutelage in the vfl had him cherry ripe
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #582 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »
knew i had some debates here just like to say development went real well this yr didnt it ::). so many debates about this set up but in looking back  im still asking the same questions.
i dont really expect any different responses so few are big enough to admit they are wrong here.

heaps of vets heaps of the wrong types no balancing out the reserves list, no eye on the future, no winning games, apparently that doesnt count, and definately very little development, its hilarious.what a failure the stand alone team has been to date.

Im reserving judgement for another 2 years, don't think its fair to pass judgement until then, but that's me - but I agree with your point on list balance - a tad askew

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »

We are attempting to develop players for our AFL club. This is where the imbalance occurs. We have had trouble developing tall key position players in the past. Now we have depth in this area. There is now genuine competition for our ruck/forward position and ruck position as a result going forward. Similarly our tall defensive stocks have now gained depth and with the additional competition this creates for these players it will only get the best out of them. The next wave will be midfielders which will in turn first balance out our VFL and then probably create the same imbalance again but in reverse with too many smalls.

Our 'Development'/VFL side is about educating individuals so they are ready for our AFL side. They able to play and structure up using the same game plan, structures and roles that they would play in the AFL team so when they are needed they can slot straight into the senior side with as little transitionally issues as possible. They have the ability to develop in the exact roles they would in the AFL. The fruits of this project will not be reaped until 2 or 3 years into the process.

Any success our VFL side is a bonus. How individuals improve is where the whole project is measured. I see real development from Miles, Griffiths, Batchelor, McBean, Lennon and Gordan. I see it as a real bonus that more experienced players like A.Edwards, Banfield, Thomas, the Big O and Lloyd could not secure a place in the side and average toilers like Dea, Arnot, Helbig, O'Hanlon, Williams and Darrou were not gifted a game.

I think the VFL side in doing its job but you can't judge it either way after only one season.  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #584 on: September 26, 2014, 11:08:20 PM »

Im reserving judgement for another 2 years, don't think its fair to pass judgement until then, but that's me - but I agree with your point on list balance - a tad askew
oh im not righting it off. just making comment on what has transpired to date.