Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436860 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2014, 11:26:05 AM »
What are you basing your improvement or lack there of for these players claw? Are you using number of senior games played, other stats or just what you witnessed?

Ellis is far from soft. Every game he backs into oncoming traffic to take marks. He runs until he can barely stand and he can improved the amount of tackles, hardball gets and contested ball he wins. He himself is quoted saying that winning more contested ball is what he will focus on over the summer but his role in the team has always been an outside runner. I don't understand when players are harshly judged because they don't win enough of their own ball when that is not their job. Its like berating a backman for not kicking enough goals. Ellis has played a few seasons and has improved every year. Where's the development issue there?

If we are really discussing the impact our VFL side has had on our development then Chucks correct - players like Ellis, Conca and Flossy should be excluded from the debate. They have not played a single game for that side.

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #601 on: September 28, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
lets talk development the idea of the ressies.
arnot - has not developed stagnated at best.
astbury - well he spent most of his time this yr in the ones. marginal improvement.
batchelor = is exactly the same deficient dud we drafted 4 yrs ago
conca - at best hes stagnated.
darrou = spent 3 yrs as a rookie and didnt play a game. we really developed him.
ellis - fair dinkum we hang our hats on just about anything. whilst he found a heap more ball he stagnated in a lot of areas he needed to improve. i hate soft pricks.
elton - developed that much thers talk of delisting.
griffiths -  had a wonder yr. gone from just plain terrible to barely passable at best. so marginal improvment.
grimes - has stagnated hes no better now than any time in the past.another one with no heart.
helbig - geez 4 yrs and we have a ressies side and hes cut.
lennon - looked way out of his depth at afl.
mcbean - gone backwards on last yr.
mcdonough - pppffffttt has he developed or stagnated.
mcintosh - hard to say had too many injuries.
ohanlon - yep cut.
vlastuin - went backwards

ah development its really working well. but hey we have a stand alone team in the ressies and it will fix everything.

I understand now why you have run away from every online Richmond website with which you have been associated (and it's all of them).

You are not a Richmond person.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:31:18 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »
LMAO

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #603 on: September 29, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »
astbury - well he spent most of his time this yr in the ones. marginal improvement.
darrou = spent 3 yrs as a rookie and didnt play a game. we really developed him.
ellis - fair dinkum we hang our hats on just about anything. whilst he found a heap more ball he stagnated in a lot of areas he needed to improve. i hate soft pricks.
griffiths -  had a wonder yr. gone from just plain terrible to barely passable at best. so marginal improvment.
grimes - has stagnated hes no better now than any time in the past.another one with no heart.
ohanlon - yep cut.

ah development its really working well. but hey we have a stand alone team in the ressies and it will fix everything.

I understand now why you have run away from every online Richmond website with which you have been associated (and it's all of them).

Troll

the claw

« Reply #604 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »
ohanlon - yep cut.

i love it when the chicken littles start slashing their wrists.
its unthinking dick heads like you who have had me forced off other sites complaining about being too negative. truth bud its all you will get out of me.

i tell what mr little if you disagree about those players prove me wrong. theres a good starting point the start of their careers and every yr since.

we went backwards this yr i suppose your that blinkered you disagree. and i can tell you now it wasnt the fault of the usual half dozen or so players who maintain a good standard. martin, deledio, miles, cotchin, rance, riewoldt and maric again carried the side.
outside of the 22 yr old miles which kid stepped up and stamped his name on the game. for that matter which of the mature players actually improved.

cmon show me where these blokes actually improved and i will concede im wrong. ive already conceded ellis on here though id argue he improved some areas and was poor in others. ffs shaun grigg was better than ellis or just as poor when it came to tackling, c/ps, and clearances and hes maligned by most on here for being soft lacking defensive pressure and only going one way.does ellis deserve criticism in these areas damn right he does. currently the way he and grigg play they wont stand up in pressure games.yet they both find a bit of ball and imo its this that people hang their hats on. to me both are atm glass half fulls.theres some hope for ellis but grigg will never improve its too late for him. i would have thought a big part of development is rounding out their games making them more complete players thus more flexible.

anyway show some real grit rather than moaning like a little girl  about posters being too negative prove me wrong.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #605 on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
lets be honest our depth in the twos is not there to be seen at all if you looked at our team week in and week out it was the same 3-4 players in and then out like a rotation they tried there luck with lennon, mcd, the only one they are awaiting on is mcbean... I cant see anyone else there sure people say Elton but he is an average player wouldn't get a look in at most clubs and if you are a good footballer who is on the cups of AFL you really should be tearing the VFL up prime example liam jones a dud kicks goals in the VFL and teams are looking at him please huge drop in standard... anyway time will tell its there first year in and they did play some good games it also helps Richmond as a club by having twos....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: September 29, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »
lets be honest our depth in the twos is not there to be seen at all if you looked at our team week in and week out it was the same 3-4 players in and then out like a rotation they tried there luck with lennon, mcd, the only one they are awaiting on is mcbean... I cant see anyone else there sure people say Elton but he is an average player wouldn't get a look in at most clubs and if you are a good footballer who is on the cups of AFL you really should be tearing the VFL up prime example liam jones a dud kicks goals in the VFL and teams are looking at him please huge drop in standard... anyway time will tell its there first year in and they did play some good games it also helps Richmond as a club by having twos....

So, if our ressies aren't smashing it in the twos why would people want to give them a game in the ones?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #607 on: September 29, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »

So, if our ressies aren't smashing it in the twos why would people want to give them a game in the ones?

Because too many players in the ones are proven duds who don't deserve to be there, while there may still be a chance some of the kids would lift & develop faster playing alongside our better quality players. Really not that hard to figure out.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »

Because too many players in the ones are proven duds who don't deserve to be there, while there may still be a chance some of the kids would lift & develop faster playing alongside our better quality players. Really not that hard to figure out.

Didnt we establish a ressies side for the development of the kids?, not sure if any purpose is served by either having them as the sub for most of the match or having them on the field to pick up eight or so possessions

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #609 on: September 29, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »

Didnt we establish a ressies side for the development of the kids?, not sure if any purpose is served by either having them as the sub for most of the match or having them on the field to pick up eight or so possessions

Didn't we established a senior side to not consistently trott out proven dud plodders every week

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: September 29, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »

Didn't we established a senior side to not consistently trott out proven dud plodders every week

Dont think so, didnt we recruit Hampson for that very purpose?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #611 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »
Paul Amy @PaulAmy375 twitter:

Hearing Tyrone Downie has committed to Richmond's VFL squad. Strong forward who slotted 31 goals from 17 games for Bendigo Gold this year.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #612 on: October 07, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »
Whoa!! Straight swap for Hampson.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #613 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:50 AM »
VFL coach Tim Clarke's interview with Richo ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-10-09/clarke-and-richo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* It was a success when you look at our KPIs that I set with Damien and some of the other staff at the start of the year. If you look at win/loss record, you’d say the season wasn’t a success because we didn’t make finals and finished in the bottom four of five teams in the competition.

* When you’ve got that standalone team, it is about development, but a massive part of development is winning, and preparing yourself to play finals.

* I’ve learned a lot. There have been some real challenges this year. Some of your thoughts on footy become a little bit clearer when you start to coach and manage more people. I’ve had some frustrations this year just because the performance hasn’t been there that we expected. Even though it is always about development, you’re a competitive person and you want to go out there and do the best you can.

* We want to make sure we’re playing finals footy with our VFL program and that means a lot to the guys that are involved in that. I feel if we can get that ingrained in everyone at the Club as well, that yes it’s about development but it’s also about building a strong VFL side.  It’ll make us a lot more successful.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-09/tigers-to-build-on-vfl-foundation

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #614 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
Sack Clarke