Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436824 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #675 on: January 09, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »

Batchelor/mcintosh  is in competion imo with Grimes as the third tall.. Imo Astbury and elton  are competing with Chaplin for a kpd spot.

What about a Rance, Astbury and Chaplin line up? With Rance or Chaplin playing 3rd tall? This is provided Astbury continues his short period of solid form
id like nothing more than to see rance play the third tall role but ffs chaplin and grimes cannot play on the big kpfs hence rance has to play kp. i prefer astbury over chaplin as the other kp and grimes over chaplin as third tall.
any way based on the games played last yr grimes played 19 and has been made  a part of the leadership group. based on that he will play most games next yr.
chaplin played every game and wont be dropped and rance is the first defender picked each week. it atm leaves astbury the odd man out.
the only other option is to play all 4 of chaplin, astbury, rance and grimes. i cant see it.  just too slow, and  not enough run with some iffy disposal skills thrown in.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: January 09, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »

Batchelor/mcintosh  is in competion imo with Grimes as the third tall.. Imo Astbury and elton  are competing with Chaplin for a kpd spot.

What about a Rance, Astbury and Chaplin line up? With Rance or Chaplin playing 3rd tall? This is provided Astbury continues his short period of solid form
id like nothing more than to see rance play the third tall role but ffs chaplin and grimes cannot play on the big kpfs hence rance has to play kp. i prefer astbury over chaplin as the other kp and grimes over chaplin as third tall.
any way based on the games played last yr grimes played 19 and has been made  a part of the leadership group. based on that he will play most games next yr.
chaplin played every game and wont be dropped and rance is the first defender picked each week. it atm leaves astbury the odd man out.
the only other option is to play all 4 of chaplin, astbury, rance and grimes. i cant see it.  just too slow, and  not enough run with some iffy disposal skills thrown in.
[/quote
Yep way too slow to play all four

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: January 10, 2015, 12:01:07 AM »

Was Astbury getting games over Grimes when they were both fit (and Rance)? Not sure if Grimes would of played 19 games if all were fit but who knows.
I thought Grimes had a bit of speed? Maybe not I'm not too sure but either way I agree you can't play all four although personally I'd rather have all four and Batch out

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #678 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »

Was Astbury getting games over Grimes when they were both fit (and Rance)? Not sure if Grimes would of played 19 games if all were fit but who knows.
I thought Grimes had a bit of speed? Maybe not I'm not too sure but either way I agree you can't play all four although personally I'd rather have all four and Batch out
pretty sure we started the season with astbury,rance chaplin. rance missed from rnd 2 to rnd 6, and grimes took his spot until rance came back. .astbury went down rnd 10 ???  and grimes came back in.
i suppose we can expect all 4 to play significant number of games they are the only 4  real tall defensive options we have atm. not unless elton has a yr out of the box.  mcintosh is a running defender.
personally id really like one more quality big bodied kpd thats why i was all for us going at frawley.
i think frawley rance and if astbury improves, it woud have been  a good tall set up. it would have freed rance up to play third tall.
 the hope is mcintosh improves significantly and a kid like menadue can play hb to provide pace run carry and skills.. id like an upgrade on steve morris as well but when it comes to shutting down sml/med fwds hes all we have atm.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: January 10, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »

pretty sure we started the season with astbury,rance chaplin. rance missed from rnd 2 to rnd 6, and grimes took his spot until rance came back. .astbury went down rnd 10 ???  and grimes came back in.
i suppose we can expect all 4 to play significant number of games they are the only 4  real tall defensive options we have atm. not unless elton has a yr out of the box.  mcintosh is a running defender.
personally id really like one more quality big bodied kpd thats why i was all for us going at frawley.
i think frawley rance and if astbury improves, it woud have been  a good tall set up. it would have freed rance up to play third tall.
 the hope is mcintosh improves significantly and a kid like menadue can play hb to provide pace run carry and skills.. id like an upgrade on steve morris as well but when it comes to shutting down sml/med fwds hes all we have atm.
If Menadue plays, he plays on a wing. No way he plays HB. It's one thing to have leg speed but playing HB you have to be able to defend first and foremost. And at 16KG he hasn't got the strength. Plus Dimma hasn't got any faith in our kids, going off the last couple of years.
I wanted Frawley too, but God forbid we paid overs for him!...pay peanuts you get monkeys... Or nothing at all. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »
VFL practice match schedule:

Date                            Opponent                     Venue                   Match Time

Saturday, March 21         Geelong              Simonds Stadium               12pm

Thursday, March 26       Collingwood             Victoria Park                    5pm

Saturday, April 4            Essendon        True Value Solar Centre           11am

Saturday, April 11          Footscray             ME Bank Centre                  11am

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-03/vfl-tigers-preseason-campaign

dwaino

« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »
Must win games.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
University Blacks star Tyson Kruse trialling with Richmond's VFL squad (Leader)
« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2015, 12:57:46 AM »
University Blacks star Tyson Kruse could be headed for VFL after trialling with Richmond

The Leader/Herald-Sun
February 03, 2015 12:08PM

UNIVERSITY Blacks could be forced to defend its Victorian Amateur Football Association premiership without one of its biggest stars.

Prolific midfielder Tyson Kruse, who joined the club from North East Australian Football League team Southport last year, has been training with Richmond’s VFL team over the off-season.

Uni Blacks coach Luke O’Connell said the club was confident of retaining most of its 2014 squad, but was waiting to hear whether the Tigers would sign Kruse.

“Tyson Kruse is down at the VFL, which is good for him,” O’Connell said.

“He’s training with Richmond.

“Last time I spoke to him they hadn’t finalised (their list), which was last week.

“They’re getting close, but as far as I know they haven’t finalised.”

Kruse was one of the key components in Uni Blacks’ drought-breaking premiership run and polled strongly in the Premier Division Coaches MVP award.

Tyson Kruse chases Collegians’ player during last year’s VAFA Premier grand final. Picture: Susan Windmiller Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/university-blacks-star-tyson-kruse-could-be-headed-for-vfl-after-trialling-with-richmond/story-e6frfkp9-1227206172488

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: February 09, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
VFL listed-Tiger Jaryd Cachia talks about his tiger transition ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-02-09/cachias-tiger-transition

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #684 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:51 PM »
Pre-season VFL update

VFL & Development Coach Tim Clarke, speaks to Roar vision about the Richmond VFL side's 2015 pre-season.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-02-13/preseason-vfl-update

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #685 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
We got nobody but Cachia. Bottom 4 for the vfl tigers
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #686 on: February 13, 2015, 03:30:28 PM »
Pre-season VFL update

VFL & Development Coach Tim Clarke, speaks to Roar vision about the Richmond VFL side's 2015 pre-season.

Summary:

* Jaryd Cachia will be our VFL captain in 2015.

* Assistant coach Ryan Ferguson will spend 2-3 days a week with the AFL and VFL sides.

* We've lost a couple of players including our captain Ross Young due to work commitments but have gained new captain Cachia (Clarke rates him highly and still capable of playing AFL footy) and a couple of guys from Bendigo with VFL experience. At the end of last season, we wanted to add some strong bodied midfielders. We missed out on two blokes we were after due to Ross Young not knowing what was happening with his work commitments but we are very happy with the list we have put together.

* Our aims are to see more boys in the VFL push up and play AFL as well as as a team to be around in the later part of the year. If the AFL is playing finals then we want to be playing finals as well. That time of the year is good experience for the younger players.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:54 PM »
Results not blah blah please

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #688 on: February 14, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
Pre-season VFL update

Summary:

* Jaryd Cachia will be our VFL captain in 2015.

* Assistant coach Ryan Ferguson will spend 2-3 days a week with the AFL and VFL sides.

* We've lost a couple of players including our captain Ross Young due to work commitments but have gained new captain Cachia (Clarke rates him highly and still capable of playing AFL footy) and a couple of guys from Bendigo with VFL experience. At the end of last season, we wanted to add some strong bodied midfielders. We missed out on two blokes we were after due to Ross Young not knowing what was happening with his work commitments but we are very happy with the list we have put together.

* Our aims are to see more boys in the VFL push up and play AFL as well as as a team to be around in the later part of the year. If the AFL is playing finals then we want to be playing finals as well. That time of the year is good experience for the younger players.

More from Tim Clarke's interview here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-13/cachia-to-lead-vfl-tigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2015, 05:54:12 PM »
Richmond’s VFL program has received a significant boost ahead of the 2015 season, with the announcement that property developer Caydon will partner the Club for the next two years.

Caydon will join the Tigers as a joint-major VFL development partner for the 2015 and 2016 seasons, alongside Jeep.

The partnership will see the Caydon logo feature on the back of the Club’s VFL guernsey and the front of the players’ shorts.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-20/caydon-helping-to-develop-vfl-tigers