Author Topic: Umpire #24 - Michael Jennings motives  (Read 6419 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Umpire #24 - Michael Jennings motives
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »
They say to catch a criminal you first have to find his motive.

Well, anyone wondering why we were fisted today by Umpire Jennings, i give you, exhibit A:-

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/13762721/hardwick-fined-for-umpire-abuse/

Case closed.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Umpire #24 - Michael Jennings motives
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
A disgrace Geisch the Goose has to go, strip their colours and numbers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
I thought you are meant to get a free if you play in front and get scragged, pushed in the back or your arms chopped :banghead.

And the League wonders why supporters believe umpiring standards have fallen at AFL level ::). It also causes frustration onfield which starts melees.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »
Umpire 32. Malaka Mollison was scarcely any better. Jack is still being held apparently. :help

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:11 PM »
The afl set this game up ! Mcburney and this flog to put the dagger into our season!

Norf = soft draw and get into the finals at all costs (afl)
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »
Shafted by the umpires again. Terrible decisions & 50 metre penaties. AFL needs to investigate this game & the umpires. They were clearly against us.  :banghead

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
Shafted by the umpires again. Terrible decisions & 50 metre penaties. AFL needs to investigate this game & the umpires. They were clearly against us.  :banghead

Harden up FFS.

:banghead
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
Harden up?LMAOOO.
The umpires raped us today.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Was a circus today.

We had the poo end of the stick but North got some shockers against them as well.

Anyone who doesn't say umpiring decisions effects game they have rocks in there heads. Players change their own style determined on how strict the umpires are, if they are hot pinging diving on the ball you'll see players start to hesitate more often, if they are letting Scott Thompson hold Riewoldt all day, he'll continue to do it.

Found myself after every 2-3 contests I'd flick my eyes to the ump to see what he was doing. Disgraceful scenario to occur when spectating and watching the umpires to see what random decision they pay.

The deliberate out of bounds against Cotchin was the worst decision in the history of the game.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »
Watching the replay on Foxtel and even Bruce and the boys are baffled by the umpiring.

They lost it with the Cotch deliberate out of bounds. The Lindsay Thomas free against Morris and various others. Even Timmy piped up and said these umps have lost the feel of the game after the Cotch free and for once I agree with him.. The umpiring today was substandard.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
It's just the inconsistency that infuriates me! Thomson (?) was hanging on Jack's arm like a cheap suit ALL DAY LONG, and getting away with it. But in the last quarter McGuane gets pinged for grabbing onto Petrie. WTF? Are we all playing to the same rule book?

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
It's just the inconsistency that infuriates me! Thomson (?) was hanging on Jack's arm like a cheap suit ALL DAY LONG, and getting away with it. But in the last quarter McGuane gets pinged for grabbing onto Petrie. WTF? Are we all playing to the same rule book?

Umpires wont pay frees to jack bc he over plays contact in every contest and sooks every single time, umps get sick of this and purposely dont pay em to teach players like this a lesson. Fact is theyre human and are arseholes too when they want to be

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:01 PM »

Umpires wont pay frees to jack bc he over plays contact in every contest and sooks every single time, umps get sick of this and purposely dont pay em to teach players like this a lesson. Fact is theyre human and are behindholes too when they want to be

That umpires are human is debatable. That they're behind holes goes without saying. But either way, whether Jack whinges or not this excuse just isn't good enough. Geez Geez, these idiots"are suppsed to have a job to do impartially. Besides, you'd whinge too if your opponent had his filthy paws on you all day long while the green maggot stands 5 metres away waving "play on. Meanwhile, McGuane puts his arm round Petrie's waist once and is immediately pinged.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 11:57:25 PM »
Yep RR, if there was consistency in the umpiring decisions then at least everyone you can understand what is and isn't a free. The problem is with different umps at each end of the ground then you can get days where there seems to be two sets of rules :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 01:31:11 AM »
They say to catch a criminal you first have to find his motive.

Well, anyone wondering why we were fisted today by Umpire Jennings, i give you, exhibit A:-

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/13762721/hardwick-fined-for-umpire-abuse/

Case closed.

exhibit B: he's a Carlton supporter...