Author Topic: Umpire #24 - Michael Jennings motives  (Read 6412 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Umpire #24 - Michael Jennings motives
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 06:40:04 AM »
Even North supporters on their BF board are saying we got shafted by the umps ...

The umpiring today was pathetic. Worst i have seen in a while. Not to us. We probably got the better of it but that isn't the point. They lost control in the first half. It seemed players didn't really know what they were suppose to do.

For large parts they wouldn't blow the whistle and in others you had to wonder what the hell for. Some of the deliberate out of bounds for example.

3 umpires each with different ideas. It was terrible.

It's always better when they actually follow the rules. Then at least we know what to expect. Once you start letting things go it gets out of hand.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/umpiring-today.962972/

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
I didnt know the whole team can call for a video review, goal umpire was happy calling it a goal and was bullied into the review by the north players >:(
One other point...wouldnt it make more sense from the AFLs point of view keeping us in the finals rather than North and their half dozen supporters?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:36:45 PM »
since when is making sense part of the AFLs mantra?

how was the way the north blokes tried to keep our blokes away as they crowded the ump like indian spin bowlers?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »
I didnt know the whole team can call for a video review, goal umpire was happy calling it a goal and was bullied into the review by the north players >:(
One other point...wouldnt it make more sense from the AFLs point of view keeping us in the finals rather than North and their half dozen supporters?

Not right there 2JD, goal umpire called for the replay, said he thought it was a goal but wanted to check
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
yeah i saw/heard that he wanted to check but it looked like he called for video  because of all the nth players flapping in his face, he called it a goal

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
If Edwards kicked that same goal 9 mins into the first quarter there would be no hoo ha over it.

tony_montana

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

nah, the afl knows that us dumbarse supporters will always be there, 30 yrs of shitness and we're still a top drawing club so no worries if we stay near the bottom

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
It seems goal umpires lose their sight when umpiring Richmond games.
White's goal that was called a point for example.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 11:38:31 PM »
It seems goal umpires lose their sight when umpiring Richmond games.
White's goal that was called a point for example.

It seems all umpires go a bit troppo when umpiring Richmond games.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »

:lol
The umpire Hardwick lost the plot and got fined over and he is a CARLTON supporter.
WELL WELL WELL.  :shh  :lol
I smell a RAT.

Gieschen knew this of course by playing him for the game which decided our fate.
RAT number 2.

I'm starting to wonder if our game is corrupt.

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »
Umpires are like mothers - you cannot argue against them and they are always right. Umpiring has been poor all year but earlier the boys were ignoring it and playing footy. Cotch is a good example - hardly ever moans despite getting scragged and tagged etc. lately some of the boys are getting more frustrated with the umpiring and it is venting in games. They just need to focus on what they can control.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
Jennings is a complete imbecile

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
Being at the Punt Road End, I missed the circumstances surrounding the 50 metre penalty and goal against Lids. I was watching a bit of the replay and saw how the umpire ignored him being tackled around the neck, and instead paid some tiggy touchwood nonsense to North which made 

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
Brett go off. As the umpire marched the North player into the goalsquare I turned off the TV, deciding I'd seen enough. You just can't argue with these precious little agony aunts, and their pathetic little nerd egos make them want to impose themselves on the game in the only way they know how. And Smasha, you're only beginning to suspect our game is corrupt? The AFL has an agenda, and we don't seem to be a part of their plans. Yet bizarrely, despite their chronic inability to ever turn a profit, North Melbourne continue to receive their charity. I don't understand it, but if you want further proof just have a look at their draw. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/472183/It%27s%20Your%20Call/

Gieschen admitted Cotch's deliberate out of bounds call was harsh as Trent was trying to keep the ball in play.

He also admitted Lids should have got a free before he lost it with the ump. who didn't pay it and then gave 50m against Lids for abusive language.