Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316795 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1575 on: August 10, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
That's just basic knowledge.
Really?
So I would assume you know the anatomy of the brachial plexus too?

I actually have anatomy knowledge but let's not deviate from the point because unlike you, I don't feel the need to act superior. He simply said there are some injuries that don't cause more problems which is pretty common knowledge, you don't need to know the anatomy behind the nerves or the glenohumeral joint.

and that's about as vague a statement as one could make to try and prove their point.

See that's where YBB's problem was though, he read too much into pretty much a nothing statement.
If you can't see what I was doing I'll have to explain.  Claw was having a go at the Judge's knowledge of injuries by making a comment on injuries himself.  He was specifically talking about Morris' injury.  It wasn't a nothing statement.  How the hell does claw know what the extent of Morris' injury is? Claw has no medical training (or appears that way anyway) but he is happy to have a go at a fellow forum member using "facts" to back up a pretty rude statement.
My point is that NOBODY on here could possibly know exactly what his shoulder injury is and that as such cannot assume that he isn't doing any damage every time he pops out his shoulder.
Then you come on to add fuel to the fire by saying that it's basic knowledge.  Well, how do you come to that conclusion?  Do you also know the exact state of Morris' shoulder injury? I highly doubt it.
I'm not here to cast any superiority over any one else, be assured of that. However, I do take offence to posters that write things they have no right to post and in the mean time are being rude to someone else whilst they are posting these comments. 
I do feel I have a right to challenge posters on comments they have made, especially on medical grounds, if I do seriously disagree with their views.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #1576 on: August 10, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
Y&B I do agree with you about people being aggressive or rude here.Although I must admit I have also sometimes become rather rude to people ,many times going back and deleting my posts.
As for facts I guess sometimes the line between  fact and opinion becomes clouded.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1577 on: August 10, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »
I was more focusing on this part...

you do realise the difference between playing with an injury that causes  pain but has no real potential of aggravating the injury and having  long term complications. from playing on with an injury that has the potential to end your career.
you cant make that leap  no wonder i pay so little regard to your posts.
And you know this because of your medical degree or some inside medical knowledge?

Fact is there is some injuries that have the potential for long term effects where some don't. I was just backing up that claim. He was basing Morris' injury on the very real possibility that they were following doctors orders who would of done numerous tests to assess for damage. So no I don't know Morris' injury but that was never what I was claiming to be basic knowledge.

Out of curiosity what do you think the extent of Morris' injury is? No trick question because I don't know, it just sounds like you may think it's worse than I do

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1578 on: August 10, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
Guys please stop distracting from this ripper thread

Surely Dimma has to go, what's MIck M doing?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1579 on: August 10, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »

you do realise the difference between playing with an injury that causes  pain but has no real potential of aggravating the injury and having  long term complications. from playing on with an injury that has the potential to end your career.
And you know this because of your medical degree or some inside medical knowledge?

Fact is there is some injuries that have the potential for long term effects where some don't. I was just backing up that claim. He was basing Morris' injury on the very real possibility that they were following doctors orders who would of done numerous tests to assess for damage. So no I don't know Morris' injury but that was never what I was claiming to be basic knowledge.

Out of curiosity what do you think the extent of Morris' injury is? No trick question because I don't know, it just sounds like you may think it's worse than I do
I really don't know. However all shoulder dislocations have the ability to stretch nerves in that area. All you need is for the shoulder to pop out and someone to wrench on his arm at the same time and a serious nerve injury could easily occur. That is what they teach at medical school. Nothing like that should be looked at ever as innocuous.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1580 on: August 10, 2014, 07:12:15 PM »
His game plan got us to 3-10.

Players questioned it, he changed it and have since won.

How could he be so ignorant playing that game style which cost us matches against Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sydney, Fremantle.

Shouldn't be in the position we are in now! We should be 12-7! Not 9-10 ...

tony_montana

« Reply #1581 on: August 10, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
In all seriousness, I have reservations about dimma, but hopefully he's learnt and grown as a coach this season, in which case we can still move forward. We can hope... Proof will be in the  pudding at seasons end but have heard we rate the draft and will go deep.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1582 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »
His game plan got us to 3-10.

Players questioned it, he changed it and have since won.

How could he be so ignorant playing that game style which cost us matches against Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sydney, Fremantle.

Shouldn't be in the position we are in now! We should be 12-7! Not 9-10 ...

I can't believe he has done this to us

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1583 on: August 10, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »
In all seriousness, I have reservations about dimma, but hopefully he's learnt and grown as a coach this season, in which case we can still move forward. We can hope... Proof will be in the  pudding at seasons end but have heard we rate the draft and will go deep.

Do we have any other choice but to rate it deep?

Moving fwd, Don't think the PR spin will wind down for our next dry patch (I.e. When we play a bunch of teams 1-8th.)
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #1584 on: August 10, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Do we have any other choice but to rate it deep?

Moving fwd, Don't think the PR spin will wind down for our next dry patch (I.e. When we play a bunch of teams 1-8th.)

Given our penchant for the recycled type Im actually surprised dooky

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1585 on: August 10, 2014, 08:29:22 PM »

I really don't know. However all shoulder dislocations have the ability to stretch nerves in that area. All you need is for the shoulder to pop out and someone to wrench on his arm at the same time and a serious nerve injury could easily occur. That is what they teach at medical school. Nothing like that should be looked at ever as innocuous.

But the rate of it actually doing damage to the nerves is pretty low and if it hasn't done it the first time the consecutive times are less likely

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1586 on: August 10, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »

But the rate of it actually doing damage to the nerves is pretty low and if it hasn't done it the first time the consecutive times are less likely

My never fail remedy to footy injuries is a bottle of red

Just saying

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1587 on: August 10, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
For me it is a simple message.

If you fail you get sacked.

If we don't win a final this year then Hardwick gets sacked.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1588 on: August 10, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »
For me it is a simple message.

If you fail you get sacked.

If we don't win a final this year then Hardwick gets sacked.

If he gets us to finals does he get sucked, and who does it?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1589 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
if gary ablett was at richmond and did his shoulder...

would dimma tell to keep playing or get the op?

dont forget the crowds...
how naieve, abletts doctors advice was to have the op or risk complications if he doesnt.
in other words miss 7 games this yr or at 30  risk what career you have left.
if their coach had any say in the decision id be totally  surprised. hardwick would follow doctors orders. when we get the daggers out we blame em for everything and anything.

it would be impossible to get a balanced debate on anything hardwick on this site atm. seems atm hes not only the coach, but head recruiter, list manager  fitness guru club doctor and id not be surprised to hear someone blame him for poor boots or something.

if we blame him for everything and anything, the only thing that will happen is those who are responsible get away scott free.

So playing deledio cotchin Morris etc. with injury had zero percent of having a negative impact on their football life?

Coughlan comes to mind.

I certain hope you are right

I do reliae the difference. Thank you for asking old chum.

M question is can you without question  tell me hardwick has not sent out a player with te former?

If so good.

He's seemed try happy to top up to me. I would reckon he would have told ablett to play out the season given our circumstances.

I have doubts Morris shoulder popping out twice a game is beneficial to his long term football health