Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315453 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #2175 on: May 25, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »
Mike: The main knock hardwick receives is his coaching. Your thoughts ? He has an uncanny knack in lifting his players after a bad patch, why is that do you think?

Mark Robinson: Have written several times this year I believe Hardwick is a good coach. I can't answer why he lifts the team after a bad patch... If I had a guess I'd say he coniinues ot be positive with his team and that confidence is rewarded... Leadership from the players is also important.

http://www.news.com.au/national/kane-cornes-captains-knocks-and-booing-a-champ-highlight-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes/story-e6frfkp9-1227367782149

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2176 on: May 25, 2015, 01:34:33 PM »
Credit where it was due. Nailed a game style to beat Port and players did it perfectly.

I still think Hardwick needs to get better tho. Hearing him hooked up to TV was interesting. From a match day point of view it's very calm which has its positives but looks like there isn't much happening. The players were on today which makes things a lot easier. It's when the players are off and Hardwick is needed to do something to get the team over the line which is still a concern.

Wonderful win though was great to end the weekend this way. Port very different team. Kane Cornes soft as butter quitter.

like hinkley did today?

there is fa a coach can do once the game starts if the players are not "on"

How dare you flip that Al

Here's the facts that still haven't changed - Hinkley 3rd year coach, 3 winning finals, within a kick of a GF  v Hardwick 6th year coach who's done stuff all. Flip that, flip floppers.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

No More

« Reply #2177 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Credit where it was due. Nailed a game style to beat Port and players did it perfectly.

I still think Hardwick needs to get better tho. Hearing him hooked up to TV was interesting. From a match day point of view it's very calm which has its positives but looks like there isn't much happening. The players were on today which makes things a lot easier. It's when the players are off and Hardwick is needed to do something to get the team over the line which is still a concern.

Wonderful win though was great to end the weekend this way. Port very different team. Kane Cornes soft as butter quitter.

like hinkley did today?

Here's the facts that still haven't changed - Hinkley 3rd year coach, 3 winning finals, within a kick of a GF  v Hardwick 6th year coach who's done stuff all. Flip that, flip floppers.

For the sake of fairness to all it is fair to say that Hardwick started with bugger all in terms of a player list. "Worst list since Fitzroy" is what the journos were saying of RFC when Hardwick first started.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2178 on: May 25, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
Jeez Ramps, surprised you trotted out the old "worst since Fitzroy" line.....normally the preserve of the apologist crowd....won 6 games and would've won a 7th from 10 goals down but for a tiggy touchwood decision that disallowed the Troy Taylor goal, didn't even finish last....complete myth that the list was the "worst since Fitzroy"....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2179 on: May 25, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
Regardless of the Fitzroy comment compare the lists each coach inherited, RFC's was a disaster

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2180 on: May 25, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »
So our 2010 list was so much worse than Port's 2013 list that even after a three-year head start we've only played two finals and lost badly in both - including one to them and the other to a team that finished ninth - while they've played five finals, won three, lost two and come within a kick of a GF?

Sorry chucky, but after five and a third seasons, some of us require more than just a two week sample size before we start performing backflips.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2181 on: May 25, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
Regardless of the Fitzroy comment compare the lists each coach inherited, RFC's was a disaster

port were on the verge of closing the club  ::)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2182 on: May 25, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »

He started with a much better list than Wallace did. Should we have given Wallace another 5 year extension?

like hinkley did today?

For the sake of fairness to all it is fair to say that Hardwick started with bugger all in terms of a player list. "Worst list since Fitzroy" is what the journos were saying of RFC when Hardwick first started.

Hardwick inherited a much bettter list than Wallace inherited from Frawley. Should we have given Wallace a 5 year extension?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2183 on: May 25, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »

He started with a much better list than Wallace did. Should we have given Wallace another 5 year extension?

like hinkley did today?

Hardwick inherited a much bettter list than Wallace inherited from Frawley. Should we have given Wallace a 5 year extension?
I think it was a better list but not by much.  What Hardwick did though is turn the list over a lot more than Wallace did in the five years he was there.  Wallace relied on the first draft (2004) and then didn't turn it over much after that.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2184 on: May 25, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

like hinkley did today?

yep

shambles those days

No More

« Reply #2185 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:52 PM »
Jeez Ramps, surprised you trotted out the old "worst since Fitzroy" line.....normally the preserve of the apologist crowd....won 6 games and would've won a 7th from 10 goals down but for a tiggy touchwood decision that disallowed the Troy Taylor goal, didn't even finish last....complete myth that the list was the "worst since Fitzroy"....

I just quoted what journos were saying

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2186 on: May 25, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »

what were they saving bout port couple years ago?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2187 on: May 25, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »

what were they saving bout port couple years ago?

Well last year and the start of this year they were saying they were going to contend for the flag

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2188 on: May 25, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
hinkley never had to had to strip the list back the way hardwick did in his first few years.

a fair comparison is about from hardwicks 3rd year on

no doubt we have stagnated over the last few years.

have port improved this year, stagnated or gone backwards?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2189 on: May 26, 2015, 01:26:05 AM »
We might of finally witnessed his plan B, albeit 5 years in the making.

..... So where is his plan C?
The club that keeps giving.