Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 270420 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Sack Hardwick [merged]
« Reply #3840 on: March 29, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »
Not his fault the players had no work rate, what rubbish.

Entirely his fault - buck stops with the coach. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

strongandbold

« Reply #3841 on: March 29, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »
The players have minds of their own  :shh

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3842 on: March 29, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »
Yeah  I've been critical of him in the past but you can't stop absolute rubbish and what I saw was as bad as I have seen of our club.

1. Dusty and that cute kick for goal
2. Jacks pathetic short kick to the centre. Result goal
3. Mrakov and that incredibly stupid handball to a player 1 metre away

All momentum killers that cost us

Yep all hardwicks fault
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3843 on: March 29, 2019, 08:28:38 PM »
Coach sets the standards, players are his refection..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3844 on: March 29, 2019, 08:40:54 PM »
He should be sacked for going into a game without even a backup ruckman against a team with basically the best ruckman in the comp and a 8 foot 10 back up ruckman.
Dropping Balta for that game would have to be the dumbest decision he has made since being at Richmond.
Compounded by playing Jack in the ruck

Then letting Sidebottom run around without anyone near him comes in a close second..... for the second time in our last 3 games.

I know there is still a lot of “Hardwick can do no wrong” supporters but his last 6 or 7 games haven’t been great as a coach or at team selection.

The game moves on fast but old ball Hardwick is still living in 2017.
It’s not about being able to beat the bottom 14 sides, it’s about playing a style of footy that can beat the top 4 sides.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3845 on: March 29, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
Obviously won't be sacked. Having said that we also assume he made the decision to play one ruck. Last year he spoke to us mid year and said the match committee overruled him as he wanted to play Graham against Port. So we just can't assume it's always his fault......  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3846 on: March 29, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »
Obviously won't be sacked. Having said that we also assume he made the decision to play one ruck. Last year he spoke to us mid year and said the match committee overruled him as he wanted to play Graham against Port. So we just can't assume it's always his fault......  :shh
So the buck stops with him but he cannot play a second ruckman against Collingwood if he wants to?
I call BS on that.

As KB always says, lying is the second language of the AFL.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3847 on: March 29, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
So the buck stops with him but he cannot play a second ruckman against Collingwood if he wants to?
I call BS on that.

The match committee chooses the team. Fact. Hardwick is a big part of the match committee but he can be overruled. Fact. I'm not sure what you think is BS.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3848 on: March 29, 2019, 09:52:08 PM »
I call BS on that.

The match committee chooses the team. Fact. Hardwick is a big part of the match committee but he can be overruled. Fact. I'm not sure what you think is BS.

So why would the match committee think not playing balta would be beneficial to the team?

I don’t think anyone on this forum alone thought that it was the right decision especially after the high praise he received in his development even on the website. Mostly everyone allso thought that bringing back Ellis was regressing back to mediocrity

One might be able to concede the match committees decision to bring in Ellis for the loss of Houli but dropping balta was a mind boggling and a terrible decision by all involved. That said I don’t think we would’ve won the game because everything that made us great in the last two years has pretty much gone out the window in the last few games we’ve played.

The club that keeps giving.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3849 on: March 29, 2019, 10:19:53 PM »
Not saying what happened was right at all. However, selection is the match committee's domain not just Hardwick's. That is all I'm trying to say.
My personal opinion is the changes were terrible.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3850 on: March 30, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »
Our system doesn’t stack up against Collingwood.

Collingwood, twice have won the same way and Hardwick hasn’t been able to adapt to match day tactics!

Buckley owns Hardwick now.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3851 on: March 30, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »
That's true, that's why we almost fully invested in bigger midfielders this year. Collingwood learn from us. We need to adjust our game plan as the rules suit the strong midfield sides- we are not

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #3852 on: March 30, 2019, 12:17:39 PM »
I call BS on that.

So why would the match committee think not playing balta would be beneficial to the team?

I don’t think anyone on this forum alone thought that it was the right decision especially after the high praise he received in his development even on the website. Mostly everyone allso thought that bringing back Ellis was regressing back to mediocrity

One might be able to concede the match committees decision to bring in Ellis for the loss of Houli but dropping balta was a mind boggling and a terrible decision by all involved. That said I don’t think we would’ve won the game because everything that made us great in the last two years has pretty much gone out the window in the last few games we’ve played.

because its Rd 2 and we lost our best backman in rd1, Balta is the kid who athletically is similar to Rance but needs to hone his defensive side.

Leppa will be spending lots of 1 on 1 time with him for the next 2/3/4 weeks then he will be back in the seniors playing the Rance role

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3853 on: March 30, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »
That's true, that's why we almost fully invested in bigger midfielders this year. Collingwood learn from us. We need to adjust our game plan as the rules suit the strong midfield sides- we are not

Correct! Why is Hardwick stubborn to not change?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3854 on: March 30, 2019, 01:36:51 PM »
I call BS on that.

What I think is BS is if Hardwick wanted Balta to play, he plays. Fact.

You cannot tell me that the majority of people on the match committee thought it was a good idea to leave Balta out against Collingwood, leaving Jack to take the ruck when Nank needs a rest.

Is there anyone here on this forum that thinks that was a good idea?