Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 315952 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #810 on: April 12, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »
Just has no idea. Time clock has to be ticking after 5 years.

He said they realised halfway through the first quarter that they had too many talls. Did no one on the coaching panel notice that it had been raining for 4 days in a row and we were playing in an outdoor stadium?

Another stuff up at selection. Happened vs Gold Coast. Mind you Collingwood had Grundy, Witts, Cloke, White to our Hampson, Griffiths, Vickery and Riewoldt. Collingwood were as tall as us, they just were better. Why?
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #811 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:27 AM »
Damien is an over paid football TV analyst. Michael Voss mark II.

Vossy seems like a genius on Fox Footy, what he said was exactly the same as what Hardwick said in his press conference. Makes me think its easy to point out flaws in a teams game, takes a finals / top 4 coach to fix them. Hardwick is not the latter unfortunately.
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #812 on: April 12, 2014, 12:31:09 AM »
It'd take vossy at punt road

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #813 on: April 12, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
Why do we sit here and for 4 weeks in a row speak basic Under 12s tactics and awareness of situation again.

Wet weather football.

Why pick 3 tall forwards, what sort of team selection agrees after 50mm of rain over 3 days to go with 3 KP talls, 2 of them are very suspect in form and 1 is a raw player who is only starting to get comfortable at AFL level. Crazy.

Why over possess the ball, why sort kicking, its simple guaranteed probability that human beings make mistakes. Why risk making a mistake by giving maximum oppurtunity to turn the ball over by moving the ball slowly and short by foot. You are asking for perfection in the wet to do this without turning it over. Horrible.

Kick to space, run hard, keep your feet and man up. Simple wet weather stuff. We did none of it for 4 qtrs. Basic stuff again Damien
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #814 on: April 12, 2014, 12:47:41 AM »
As I've said before  - IMO the club (and quite a few fans) have been sucked in and psyched out by the whole "Eat Their Own /Always sacking Ccoaches" myth that the media have perpetuated and hasn't really been relevant this century. It also refered to the fact that many of our coaches were ex-Richmond players.

Frawley (ST.KILDA, Collingwood asistant) - 5 year contract - coached the full 5 years , contract not renewed.

Wallace (HAWTHORN - 1yr Richmond - Footscray, Footscray coach) - 5 year contract - coached 4 full years, forced to resign halfway through final year.

Hardwick (ESEENDON & PORT , Hawthorn assistant) - 3 year contract  -  signed extension, currently in 5th year.

So that's 3 coaches (not counting Rawlings) over 15 seasons with no actual sacking technically and even one contract extension.

Even if we were to sack Hardwick next week, that's hardly knee-jerk "eat our own" stuff.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2014, 12:48:28 AM »
Why over possess the ball, why sort kicking, its simple guaranteed probability that human beings make mistakes. Why risk making a mistake by giving maximum oppurtunity to turn the ball over by moving the ball slowly and short by foot. You are asking for perfection in the wet to do this without turning it over. Horrible.

Kick to space, run hard, keep your feet and man up. Simple wet weather stuff. We did none of it for 4 qtrs. Basic stuff again Damien

:bow

Popey gets it

Here was a standard play tonite... Tiger ball at defensive 50 , short pass across the ground , handball , short pass into the middle , handball , handball , handball , turnover , Collingwood pass to free man 40 out. Set shot , goal.   :banghead
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:38 AM »
Smashed in the box again.

Bomber Thompson must be lured to Richmond next year.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #817 on: April 12, 2014, 01:13:21 AM »
Smashed in the box again.

Bomber Thompson must be lured to Richmond next year.

Would be a God send. There is no chance he will, even 1billion dollars wouldn't pull him away from Essendon. He left a premiership team on enormous $$ to go back to Essendon to be in cruise control. He has been put in the hellfire with the ASADA stuff and he will see it out and be with Hird for the success. No chance he will leave unless they turn to absolute rubbish. Which I don't see happening under him.
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #818 on: April 12, 2014, 01:15:32 AM »
Infraction notices are the key

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #819 on: April 12, 2014, 02:05:59 AM »
At least we beat Collingwood under Wallace.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #820 on: April 12, 2014, 02:10:54 AM »
Cotching getting smashed off the ball, Pendlebury hasn't got a bruise on him.

Why have Thomas and Jackson if they are going to hunt the ball instead of protecting our blue chip asset. Dumb.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #821 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »
The eyes tell the tale, he's starting to doubt himself.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #822 on: April 12, 2014, 02:31:46 AM »
Cotching getting smashed off the ball, Pendlebury hasn't got a bruise on him.

Why have Thomas and Jackson if they are going to hunt the ball instead of protecting our blue chip asset. Dumb.

Total myth that Jackson's a midfield enforcer. Never has been.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #823 on: April 12, 2014, 03:23:29 AM »
Only just started as an assistant but Cameron Ling is regarded by many in the know to be a gun coach in waiting. Very astute.
How long till he starts coaching for his career and not the club like everyone else at this poo hole club does?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #824 on: April 12, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »
Oh look they're a bloody good side....
Lmao no they're not. What a dipstick