Author Topic: Finals Chances  (Read 5408 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Finals Chances
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 06:42:17 AM »
Probably end up bloody 9th again....  :scream
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »
At least the finals are still alive.

I hope we smash the Dogs and Power by 100 points each. The Dockers and Bombers games are both 8 point games for us.
We can afford Bombers and Kangaroos to win 1 of their last 4. One will lose today because they play each other. Hopefully Bombers, who play Blues, Tigers and Magpies. Kangaroos are better placed with Magpies, Dockers, Giants to come.
We can afford Carlton and Saints to win 2 of their last 3. Blues play Bombers, Suns and Saints. Saints play Cats, Giants, Blues.
We can afford Dockers to win 1 of their last 3. They play Tigers, Kangaroos, Demons.

I atually hope Bombers beat Blues next week as long as they lose to North today. Blues have an easier last 2 games than the bombers. But if Blues win then we'll need Saints to beat them in last round and hopefully our percentage will overtake theirs. Won't be easy but our chances are still alive slightly.

So what we need is to win our last 4 games and hopefully big wins against Dogs and Power in case Saints win 2 more games.
If we do, we need Kangaroos to beat Dockers at Etihad and Magpies to beat Bombers which both should happen.
We probably need Cats to beat Saints and Bombers or Saints to beat Blues which is a good chance.
The best quick result for us is for Bombers to lose today and beat Blues next week. That will remove those 2 teams chances if we win our last 4 games
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:07:31 AM by MADTIGER2010 »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »
and i just woke up in between halle berry and angelina jollie,, !!!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
For me,

Finals were DEAD after the Fremantle match AND after the Gold Coast match, they were BURRIED!

X2

And the loss to north was the p155ing on our grave

And the loss to Carlton was digging up the Corps and kicking it down the street.....
:lol
yes I always felt it was over after the freo loss.
I definately would've forgiven the boys for losing to freo and to GC etc. if they could make my year and beat that cheating scum from princess park.
And because they failed to beat them even with close to half the team missing and failed to keep infront and failed to shut up every arrogant carlscum supporter who were gobsmacked that even with everything falling into our favour we still could'nt win. 

I won't get over that loss for a long long long time. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
and i just woke up in between halle berry and angelina jollie,, !!!

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »
At least the finals are still alive.

I hope we smash the Dogs and Power by 100 points each. The Dockers and Bombers games are both 8 point games for us.
We can afford Bombers and Kangaroos to win 1 of their last 4. One will lose today because they play each other. Hopefully Bombers, who play Blues, Tigers and Magpies. Kangaroos are better placed with Magpies, Dockers, Giants to come.
We can afford Carlton and Saints to win 2 of their last 3. Blues play Bombers, Suns and Saints. Saints play Cats, Giants, Blues.
We can afford Dockers to win 1 of their last 3. They play Tigers, Kangaroos, Demons.

I atually hope Bombers beat Blues next week as long as they lose to North today. Blues have an easier last 2 games than the bombers. But if Blues win then we'll need Saints to beat them in last round and hopefully our percentage will overtake theirs. Won't be easy but our chances are still alive slightly.

So what we need is to win our last 4 games and hopefully big wins against Dogs and Power in case Saints win 2 more games.
If we do, we need Kangaroos to beat Dockers at Etihad and Magpies to beat Bombers which both should happen.
We probably need Cats to beat Saints and Bombers or Saints to beat Blues which is a good chance.
The best quick result for us is for Bombers to lose today and beat Blues next week. That will remove those 2 teams chances if we win our last 4 games

What are you smoking I want some brah
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
Carlton play Essendon and ST Kilda if two of them get to 12 our goose is cooked.
Same with Nought playing Essendon and Freo

Forget about it and load up for 2013.

Watch the lads play some pressure free footy and load up for 2013. :thumbsup

Ruanaidh

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 07:18:54 PM »
Carlton play Essendon and ST Kilda if two of them get to 12 our goose is cooked.
Same with Nought playing Essendon and Freo

Forget about it and load up for 2013.

Watch the lads play some pressure free footy and load up for 2013. :thumbsup
Yep

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
But if they get to 12 wins, and so do we the only % we have to worry about is St Kilda?
Ours is superior to both Carl and Ess?

If we all get to 12 wins we get 8th spot with better %, we just need Saints to only win 11 games.
So Saints have to lose to Geelong and Carlton. Geelong will win, Saints look ordinary and no Riewoldt will hurt them

All we need is Essendon need to beat Carlton, to keep them to no more than 12 wins.

If that happens and we win our 3 games, we make the 8.

Think Freo or Saints are most likely. At least it makes it interesting.
Go Tigers!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »
But if they get to 12 wins, and so do we the only % we have to worry about is St Kilda?

If we all get to 12 wins we get 8th spot with better %, we just need Saints to only win 11 games.
So Saints have to lose to Geelong and Carlton. Geelong will win, Saints look ordinary and no Riewoldt will hurt them

All we need is Essendon need to beat Carlton, to keep them to no more than 12 wins.

Look Pope you sound like a really nice guy and appreciate your positivity but lets clear a few things up here

1. Your off your head

2. We are not making finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »

Look Pope you sound like a really nice guy and appreciate your positivity but lets clear a few things up here

1. Your off your head

Wasn't Pope involved with a TAC Cup side :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »

1. Your off your head

:lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 12:55:54 AM »

1. Your off your head

Oh my!  :o

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 04:05:41 AM »
For me,

Finals were DEAD after the Fremantle match AND after the Gold Coast match, they were BURRIED!

I thought freo would do us.

Gc game killed part of me

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 04:06:14 AM »
The run home
By Ben Guthrie
10:16 PM Sun 12 Aug, 2012

12. Richmond
36 points (nine wins, 10 losses) 112.04 per cent

The run home:
Rd 21: Fremantle at Patersons Stadium
Rd 22: Essendon at the MCG
Rd 23: Port Adelaide at the MCG

A Trent Cotchin masterclass kept the Tigers' season chugging along and yes, they can still make the finals. More realistically, they have the chance to play wrecking ball to others' September ambitions, starting with Freo in the west next week. Making the eight would require an unbeaten finish to the season combined with a perfect storm of results elsewhere, including Essendon and Fremantle winning only one more game apiece. Even the most hopeful Tiger fan has lurking doubts.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/144358/default.aspx