Author Topic: Finals Chances  (Read 5396 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Finals Chances
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
As Pope posted on here, there's only one semi-realistic combination left in the remaining three rounds that can see us sneak into the finals. It relies on us winning all 3 remaining games and 5 other matches doing us a favour.

Round 21
Geelong vs St Kilda ........ need the Cats to win.
Essendon vs Carlton ....... need Essendon to win. These games have a habit of upsets and going against form.
Fremantle vs Richmond ...... obviously we need to win otherwise it's season over.

This would see us still two games outside the Eight but we'd at least be above Carlton on % so we would no longer have to worry about them. We'll know if the results of those other two games have gone our way by the time we run out onto Subi.

8. Essendon    48 
9. Fremantle    44
10. St Kilda     40 (superior %)
11. Richmond  40
12. Carlton      40

Round 22
Richmond vs Essendon
North Melbourne vs Fremantle ....... Need North to keep on winning.

8. Essendon    48
9. St Kilda       44
10. Richmond  44
11. Fremantle  44
12. Carlton      44

The Blues play the Suns so they could gain some % but even if they were to win by 100 pts we'd still have superior %. Jumping ahead of Freo is one less team we'd have to worry about.

Round 23

All 5 sides should go into the final round playing for the last spot in the finals. This scenario would make it the best end to the H/A season since the dramatic 1987 one when simula.

Essendon vs Collingwood ..... the Pies should win going for a top 2 spot and home final.
Carlton vs St Kilda ..... need the Blues to win.
Richmond vs Port 

Our game would start at half-time of the Blues vs Saints. So we'd be spending the first half our game listening for updates from Etihad.

8. Richmond    48
9. Essendon    48
10. Fremantle  48
11. Carlton     48
12. St Kilda     44

Easy! lol :nope

Back to reality and we'll most likely lose this week to Freo, it's 50/50 against Essendon and we should beat Port comfortably. That'd give us 10-11 wins and a top 10 draft pick to springboard off into 2013.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
Finals Chances????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We're cooked, not going to happen, not worth stressing over

IMHO simply having to rely so heavily on others to make it means you don't deserve to play finals - end of story
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »
agree wp

cant and wont make finals depending on other results

losing those pathetic 3 games in a row means we dont deserve finals this yr and its better we dont make it

to make finals next yr we need to stand down newman as captain and make cotchin and deledio joint captains, we all know cotch should be captain but lids deserves it too he is our most consistent player and cotch well he is a freak

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
agree wp

cant and wont make finals depending on other results

losing those pathetic 3 games in a row means we dont deserve finals this yr and its better we dont make it

to make finals next yr we need to stand down newman as captain and make cotchin and deledio joint captains, we all know cotch should be captain but lids deserves it too he is our most consistent player and cotch well he is a freak

hard to agree against this.

Just think Cotch is more of a leader than Lids. My opinion but who knows behind closed doors.

I asked a mate last night would you rather finish 9th and miss out on % and have to stew over those pathetic losses or finish 12th and know that you still have a fair bit of work to do on and off the field

Il take the latter
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »

have siad this a number of times IMV losing the game against the Eagles was the one that stuffed us up big time. We had that game but poor decisions and skill cost us. It was the first of the really "close" losses.

Just reckon things would have been very different if we had won that one.

dwaino

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
This morning on MMM Mick Molloy said he had talked with Stephen Hawking and we indeed remain a mathematical chance to make the finals  :lol

I agree with comments that we don't deserve to play finals, but who deserves them more, n0rf or us? They too lost some close games, copped a 115 point belting by the team we flogged by 10 goals and had a poor patch. If it weren't for the chance of gaining an extra 8 points that the rest of us don't they would have played sides who would have cleaned them up. Give us those two gifted games instead (ignoring for the moment we couldn't beat GC on one meeting this year for arguments sake) and us beating them while they're in a demoralised state (our position) and it would be us in 6th position on a greater percentage than they currently have.

If this were the situation it would mean we played GWS and GC (to this date) instead of Carlton and Melbourne second time (the latter we won anyway) would we be talking ourselves up or down at this point considering if that were the scenario the close losses would have had no bearing of finals or not? I.e n0rf getting flogged and struggling for half a season.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »

have siad this a number of times IMV losing the game against the Eagles was the one that stuffed us up big time. We had that game but poor decisions and skill cost us. It was the first of the really "close" losses.

should have beaten geelong the week b4 also, and the bombers once we passed them, and the blues a few weeks back  ,, :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

bloody hell the yr could have been so different

10 FLAGS

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
We wont beat Freo this weekend but if we can win against Essendon and Port then we would have cemented our improvement over last season.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »
You have to BELIEVE!!!!!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »

We lost to Geelong the week before by the same margain

gerkin greg

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »
$51 to make the 8

TAB going to clean a few of you out from the sounds of it  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »

True, not disputing that

Geelong at geelong was not one I thought we had a show in

Eagles on the other hand, over here thought we were a real show in that one

But IMV we played better against the Eagles and really that was the game that should have set us up against the top 8 sides in the "belief" stakes

Just my take  :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »
Peter Pan believed and he flew!

We all have to believe and we will make the 8!!!!!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
We wont beat Freo this weekend but if we can win against Essendon and Port then we would have cemented our improvement over last season.

Agree if we do that I think our season will have been a success on last years.
Go Tigers!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

True, not disputing that

Geelong at geelong was not one I thought we had a show in

Eagles on the other hand, over here thought we were a real show in that one

But IMV we played better against the Eagles and really that was the game that should have set us up against the top 8 sides in the "belief" stakes

Just my take  :thumbsup
Good Call.